+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Just Heard from Ghost Tunes :-)

Garth can do what he wants, if he wanted to stay retired, then thats his choice, if he wants to come out and say "I will record no new music" then again its choice.

My problem has been the announcement of certain projects and then not going through with them or delaying them.

Eg: Friends in low places with strait, the irish concerts, movie with sandra bullock, movie with martin Scorsese, duet with paul mccartney, announcing tv appearances and then cancelling them, delaying
    of album releases, the album is going to be a double album then its not, going with ghost tunes a site that is very secretive about their numbers.

Again these are all his choices and he owes nobody nothing. Kinda wish though he would wait until something is certain, then tell the public about it.

Beleive me as soon as his new album is released I will be buying it on day one, and if he ever came back to NZ for a concert, I will be first in line to buy tickets.
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 10-03-2015 at 10:41 PM.

You know. When I saw him in Dallas a couple of weeks ago I saw the new things he added to his concert. Which basically was only video clips being played during the songs he sang. He had some footage of him in his prime in the 90s. After I saw it it was kind of hard to see the rest of the concert the same way. Cause on the stage was an older, over weight man, who had to stop and get his breath between each song. He was still good. But not what he once was. Maybe the best way to enjoy Garth is to live in the past of his career like he is doing. That is the entertainer that once ruled the world. For whatever reason his plan of rolling out new stuff hasn't worked. But that happened with release date of Sevens and the whole Chris Gaines project which really had good music. It was just easier to overlook then.

I fully agree with this. (With a little note that Ireland was not his fault.) But the way things are going, we can't ever believe that Garth is going to deliver what he says he will. The most recent thing was his "all new show". *rolling eyes*

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Garth can do what he wants, if he wanted to stay retired, then thats his choice, if he wants to come out and say "I will record no new music" then again its choice.

My problem has been the announcement of certain projects and then not going through with them or delaying them.

Eg: Friends in low places with strait, the irish concerts, movie with sandra bullock, movie with martin Scorsese, duet with paul mccartney, announcing tv appearances and then cancelling them, delaying
    of album releases, the album is going to be a double album then its not, going with ghost tunes a site that is very secretive about their numbers.

Again these are all his choices and he owes nobody nothing. Kinda wish though he would wait until something is certain, then tell the public about it.

Beleive me as soon as his new album is released I will be buying it on day one, and if he ever came back to NZ for a concert, I will be first in line to buy tickets.
    The sevens have aligned. It has begun...

I can't fully agree with this. When I saw him in Pittsburgh, he seemed to have incredible energy! Sure he IS a middle aged, overweight guy. But MAN he put up a show that would make 23 year olds winded long before he was!

Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post
    You know. When I saw him in Dallas a couple of weeks ago I saw the new things he added to his concert. Which basically was only video clips being played during the songs he sang. He had some footage of him in his prime in the 90s. After I saw it it was kind of hard to see the rest of the concert the same way. Cause on the stage was an older, over weight man, who had to stop and get his breath between each song. He was still good. But not what he once was. Maybe the best way to enjoy Garth is to live in the past of his career like he is doing. That is the entertainer that once ruled the world. For whatever reason his plan of rolling out new stuff hasn't worked. But that happened with release date of Sevens and the whole Chris Gaines project which really had good music. It was just easier to overlook then.
    The sevens have aligned. It has begun...

I've seen him 3 times this tour and I believe when Garth is catching his breath after a song, I think he's just playing up the 119 years old now card. He's a funny guy, the Vegas shows that perfectly.
    I do think he gives 110 percent and is wore out after the show.

Well in Dallas he had to pause to actually catch his breath. He was even cussing about it.

I do have to say that I'm tired of the "______ is going to happen"...and then it doesn't. In fact, I've become quite used to it. I didn't buy the whole "World Tour 2.0" thing...in fact I said on this board I figured it would be basically the exact same show. I think a lot of it is Garth trying to create excitement and drama. It worked in the 90s...but it's a different world now. Even if you go back to when Ghost Tunes was announced, he was on one of the morning shows saying that the World Tour news was nothing compared to what was coming soon...which ended up being Ghost Tunes.

In regards to Garth being out of breath, yeah...I think he is sometimes....but I also think some of that is for the same reason as above....it's for show. When he bends over and shakes his head, I think it's sort of a nod to the crowd. Almost a "wow, you guys are so great I can't keep up with you" type thing. But is he out of breath? Sure. I would be too. That's why a lot of current pop artists lip sync. They're dancing around and stuff so much they'd be out of breath too.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...I really blame Garth's sub-par comeback on Man Against Machine. To me, it's just not a great album. The whole thing was a bit strange really...the cover...some of the songs, etc. I don't, however, think Garth is done. In the end, we might look back at MAM and realize it was a good "Hey, I'm back" album...but the next album HAS to be dead on. If Garth is going to be Garth again, so much depends on this next album. To me, there has to be at least 2 radio-friendly "Garth" songs on this upcoming album. No "Cold Like That" or "Tacoma" songs....we need a song like "That Summer" or a "Wrapped Up in You" type song.

Is Garth doing fine right now? Sure....but what about if he went back to these cities 4 years from now....still doing a "Greatest Hits" type tour...would there be 4, 5, 6 nights of shows? I really don't think so. If this next album is awesome and Garth finds his way back to the radio and TV networks, it COULD be Garth 2.0....or 2.1...or whatever he wants to call it. Regardless, I'll be there...I just hope some new folks will too.

Interesting article on re-releases from a Beatles fan....
    http://www.salon.com/2015/10/04/i_al...nd_over_again/

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    Interesting article on re-releases from a Beatles fan....
    http://www.salon.com/2015/10/04/i_al...nd_over_again/
    Great article!

Quote Originally Posted by jturtels View Post
    I do have to say that I'm tired of the "______ is going to happen"...and then it doesn't. In fact, I've become quite used to it. I didn't buy the whole "World Tour 2.0" thing...in fact I said on this board I figured it would be basically the exact same show. I think a lot of it is Garth trying to create excitement and drama. It worked in the 90s...but it's a different world now. Even if you go back to when Ghost Tunes was announced, he was on one of the morning shows saying that the World Tour news was nothing compared to what was coming soon...which ended up being Ghost Tunes.

In regards to Garth being out of breath, yeah...I think he is sometimes....but I also think some of that is for the same reason as above....it's for show. When he bends over and shakes his head, I think it's sort of a nod to the crowd. Almost a "wow, you guys are so great I can't keep up with you" type thing. But is he out of breath? Sure. I would be too. That's why a lot of current pop artists lip sync. They're dancing around and stuff so much they'd be out of breath too.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...I really blame Garth's sub-par comeback on Man Against Machine. To me, it's just not a great album. The whole thing was a bit strange really...the cover...some of the songs, etc. I don't, however, think Garth is done. In the end, we might look back at MAM and realize it was a good "Hey, I'm back" album...but the next album HAS to be dead on. If Garth is going to be Garth again, so much depends on this next album. To me, there has to be at least 2 radio-friendly "Garth" songs on this upcoming album. No "Cold Like That" or "Tacoma" songs....we need a song like "That Summer" or a "Wrapped Up in You" type song.

Is Garth doing fine right now? Sure....but what about if he went back to these cities 4 years from now....still doing a "Greatest Hits" type tour...would there be 4, 5, 6 nights of shows? I really don't think so. If this next album is awesome and Garth finds his way back to the radio and TV networks, it COULD be Garth 2.0....or 2.1...or whatever he wants to call it. Regardless, I'll be there...I just hope some new folks will too.
    I guess we are all different, but I loved the songs on Man against machine, thought the album was really really good. 12 of the 14 songs were solid efforts, my issue were the two songs he
    released as singles, People loving people was bad mainly because I couldnt really make out what he was saying, and the song mom was something that a kindergarten teacher would sing
    to the kids. The rest of album was awesome, Tried of Boys, Fish, Rodeo and Juliet and cold like that shouldve been number one singles. The fact that he cancelled tv appearances was insane
    considering this was his comeback.

I guess we will see what happens next year, he will sell out every city he goes to multiple times, but yes his next album has to have NO ISSUES at all and has to blow people away.

ill say it. imo i graded man against the machine as a D.

I grade MAM as Garth's best album since In Pieces..

Just the wrong singles sent to radio.
    In the land, of the midnight sun!

I loved the album, even FISH grew on me I don't really care for All American Kid though. I do think they were poor choices for singles, I think he needs to just release a good country song to radio and not worry so much about a big message with it.

And he did a lot of radio and TV for MAM, he only cancelled an appearance or two around the whole St Louis tour dates.

The music itself is one front where I can honestly say that I want Garth to do whatever he wants/feels! I just it to be sincere, and I want him to be passionate about what he's recording. So if that means he has no interest in recording No Fences 2, then fine. Similarly, if MAM was what he was feeling at that time, then great. I wouldn't change a thing, except for maybe sticking with the double album plan.

As for radio, I don't think anything would have really taken off. Radio is such a young and now centered format. While I would have loved to see how Midnight Train would have done, and maybe 1-2 others, I still doubt anything would have taken radio by storm. Maybe I'm wrong. We'll see how the next few singles go.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    The music itself is one front where I can honestly say that I want Garth to do whatever he wants/feels! I just it to be sincere, and I want him to be passionate about what he's recording. So if that means he has no interest in recording No Fences 2, then fine. Similarly, if MAM was what he was feeling at that time, then great. I wouldn't change a thing, except for maybe sticking with the double album plan.

As for radio, I don't think anything would have really taken off. Radio is such a young and now centered format. While I would have loved to see how Midnight Train would have done, and maybe 1-2 others, I still doubt anything would have taken radio by storm. Maybe I'm wrong. We'll see how the next few singles go.
    I totally agree with you about radio. Country radio is so format focused just like pop radio. If your music doesn't fall into that, you're not getting played.

Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post
    Well in Dallas he had to pause to actually catch his breath. He was even cussing about it.
    He did the same in Boston, and the crowd loved it! It's all part of the act, so don't worry about it. Also, maybe find some unedited concert footage from back in the day, as I'm sure you'll find him stopping to catch his breath quite a few times on that as well. Pausing to catch his breath while the crowd screams for more has always been a part of the act!

I saw him twice in the 90s. One time I was pretty close to the stage. He never did what he does now. Which is fine. He is still willing to give it all for the fans. But he is exhausted. In shirts are more drenched with sweat than they ever were back in the day. But at least we have the privilege of seeming in live again!

Well since both Garth Brooks and Ghost Tunes website have taken off the "2015" the new studio album, and just has the words "Upcoming album"

I guess the next question will have to be.

When in 2016 will it be released.

He wants to release the xmas album I think around march 2016, is what I heard.

So will the new studio album be for the summer, or around thanksgiving 2016?

It will be worth the wait Im sure. :-)

*Sigh*.......

Is sigh because of my impatience of wanting the album to be released or sigh out of frustration that its going to be a longer wait than
    we thought for the new album.

Anyway how the heck is ghosttunes surviving with only 10K hits a day with 34.9 percent of that just being clickbait? According to the
    latest analytics.

Christmas in March? That's crazy! I was looking forward to at least getting that album this year. New Garth Christmas music and Star Wars Episode 7 I guess is asking too much. :'( But....I'm pumped up for 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by YouSoundBitter View Post
    Christmas in March? That's crazy! I was looking forward to at least getting that album this year. New Garth Christmas music and Star Wars Episode 7 I guess is asking too much. :'( But....I'm pumped up for 2016!
    Apparently all the xmas stuff was on Garth's fried phone.

Makes no sense to release a Christmas album in March.

The latter.....

No way he releases the Christmas album in March. That'd make about as much sense as releasing a second Chris Gaines album. I'd say march for a studio release, and then November for the Christmas album, if the Christmas album ever materializes at all.

Whatever. Let it all come when it comes. But the comeback (except for the tour) has been nothing but a land of broken promises and unmet expectations so far.

That would make more sense. New studio lp in March and Christmas one in Oct/Nov.

I think if you were breaking everything down on a report card it would look like this.

Album: B
    Single choices: D
    Tour/Marketing: A
    Social Media: C

I think before the days of social media when Garth said he had a huge announcement it was met with alot of expectation. Now you kinda have to take it with a grain of salt. The "new" tour that kicked off in Dallas was basically just an upgrade of the video wall.

Quote Originally Posted by copinark View Post
    I think if you were breaking everything down on a report card it would look like this.

Album: B
    Single choices: D
    Tour/Marketing: A

I think before the days of social media when Garth said he had a huge announcement it was met with alot of expectation. Now you kinda have to take it with a grain of salt. The "new" tour that kicked off in Dallas was basically just an upgrade of the video wall.
    cool report card, for myself it would be

Album: A-
    Singles: F
    Tour: A+++
    Marketing: C
    Announcements: Z
    Choice of download site: D
    Likability: A++

Oh in terms of actual report cards, in New Zealand a C is a pass.
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 10-26-2015 at 05:43 PM.

cool report card, for myself it would be

Album: A-
    Singles: F
    Tour: A+++
    Marketing: C
    Announcements: Z
    Choice of download site: D
    Likability: A++

Garth Continues to give 1000% in his shows, his engery is beyond belief, he does make himself available for those
    who need to talk to him, but can be evasive with his answers, hes always eager to please those he meets, but
    has a tendency to say hes going to do something and then he doesnt follow through. Hearts in the right place
    though.

+ Reply to Thread