+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Just Heard from Ghost Tunes :-)

Just Heard from Ghost Tunes :-)

I asked them does the bundle include the duet xmas album with Trisha or a new studio
    album, they replied....

GhostTunes ‏@GhostTunes 2h2 hours ago

Hi The bundle includes a 2015 studio album release

So there we have it, a new studio album for 2015!!!

Yes!!!!!

You'd think something would be announced pretty soon, wouldn't you? Only about 3.5 months left in 2015...

Quote Originally Posted by coco1997 View Post
    You'd think something would be announced pretty soon, wouldn't you? Only about 3.5 months left in 2015...
    He might be planning a surprise release? Artists who have done it so far have gotten a great deal of press. It would drive traffic to GhostTunes also if that is the only place to get the new album for X number of weeks.
    #1 Trisha Fan on Planet Garth (But I do love the G-Man too!)

Quote Originally Posted by darkcountry View Post
    He might be planning a surprise release? Artists who have done it so far have gotten a great deal of press. It would drive traffic to GhostTunes also if that is the only place to get the new album for X number of weeks.
    I suggested this very thing in a different thread. I hope we're both right.

Garth said in an interview yesterday that they would start releasing songs well before the album. So I'm thinking we WILL get new music in 2015, but not the full album until early 2016

I might be reading into it too much, but I'm not sure what GhostTunes told you necessarily means we'll get the album this year. They told you the bundle includes a 2015 studio album release, but that sounds to me like nothing more than a repeat of the bundle's description that we've had since it came out last year, and not exactly a 100% confirmation that there will be an album released this fall.

We'll see though. Hope they meant what you're thinking they meant and not what I think they meant.

Doesn't Garth typical like October album announcements so they will be out during the holiday season?

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    I might be reading into it too much, but I'm not sure what GhostTunes told you necessarily means we'll get the album this year. They told you the bundle includes a 2015 studio album release, but that sounds to me like nothing more than a repeat of the bundle's description that we've had since it came out last year, and not exactly a 100% confirmation that there will be an album released this fall.

We'll see though. Hope they meant what you're thinking they meant and not what I think they meant.
    That's what I took the statement to mean as well.... I think it's more regurgitating the bundle description than offering new information. With the bundle though he's a little more committed to this date than he would be something said in passing. Crossing my fingers that the lost phone doesn't become an issue and he's able to get this thing completed!

Quote Originally Posted by wimpy77 View Post
    Doesn't Garth typical like October album announcements so they will be out during the holiday season?
    Man Against Machine was announced on September 4th last year.

BIAOMR, however, was only announced like 2 weeks before it was released.

So, hard to say what his pattern is considering we haven't had any albums released under "normal" conditions since Sevens.

nothing new here - when they originally released the bindle they specifically announced that it included all previous albums, the nwe 2014 album and a 2015 album release. So yes its coming, but we knew that when Man against the machine was released

If you listen to this interview that took place this morning out of Salt Lake City (https://soundcloud.com/wyoradio/gart...65-kqsw-092415), Garth talked about the new record that is "hopefully going to start coming out either this fall or early spring" so there's a good possibility that the 2015 release is going to be delayed.

Paula

Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    If you listen to this interview that took place this morning out of Salt Lake City (https://soundcloud.com/wyoradio/gart...65-kqsw-092415), Garth talked about the new record that is "hopefully going to start coming out either this fall or early spring" so there's a good possibility that the 2015 release is going to be delayed.

Paula
    Unless he's planning a surprise release, I'd say that's confirmation that we won't get the entire new album this year. A single maybe, but not the album. "Spring" usually means March or April-ish too. Bummer. Oh well.

I'd guess we will still get the Christmas album this year, and maybe the No Fences reissue (yawn), but that's probably it.

Oh wow. I guess it's just a xmas duet album with Trisha. (wont be buying it) I also dont think he will release an album around march or april, not a Garth thing to do.
    It will probably be more like a summer release or even november of 2016.

Garth has a huge body of work, maybe its time to be a, "Legend on the road" you know just tour and not worry about anything else, even interviews and such.

I also think Garth and Trisha are both in for a shock, a xmas album wont even sell 250K in its entire run.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Oh wow. I guess it's just a xmas duet album with Trisha. (wont be buying it) I also dont think he will release an album around march or april, not a Garth thing to do.
    It will probably be more like a summer release or even november of 2016.

Garth has a huge body of work, maybe its time to be a, "Legend on the road" you know just tour and not worry about anything else, even interviews and such.

I also think Garth and Trisha are both in for a shock, a xmas album wont even sell 250K in its entire run.
    It'll go platinum on his name alone. Hell, if Duck Dynasty can get a multi platinum record from a Christmas album in the current market and Kelly Clarkson could with hers, Garth will too. I see it going at least platinum and being a surprise holiday hit

I guess it depends on the marketing and how they go about it.

I mean who wouldve thought that Man against machine wouldve only sold 670 thousand copies in its first ten months.

A xmas album will only have a short life span.

I mean who wouldve thought that Man against machine wouldve only sold 670 thousand copies in its first ten months.

That's the other thing, Christmas albums die out the first week of January. As for Man Against Machine, none of his digital sales were counted. He may have gone platinum

A lot of us that that was entirely possible.

There is no way I thought that. Even if the album had of been bad, I thought Garth's comeback album would at less sell 2-3 million and Im talking actual sales (soundscan) not shipments. (riaa)

But it seems Garth and Ghost tunes could care less about the soundscan numbers or even the Billboard
    charts.

The only thing that seems to matter is the RIAA.

Its looking like we will never get the actual numbers from Ghost tunes for man against machine or any project he does with them.

Again with the xmas album, I dont think it will be big, and if for some reason he cancels tv promotion work again, then it might be record low numbers for him. especially since we dont get the ghost tunes numbers which will be
    the majority of his sales.

Maybe he will wake up soon and see that nobody else cares about the RIAA crap. That is so 1990s. People just want good music they can access easily (aka Itunes). If writers get screwed, it's not Garth's job to fight for them. They can form a union of some kind and go on strike. But I think that's just an excuse to repackage his stuff and keep increasing the RIAA numbers. Not that he doesn't care for the writers because he is a good guy. But this is just the nature of the business and he doesn't have the power like he once did to change things and the record companies know this. In the meantime, the only young people he will hit it big with who can allow him to have a few more number one hits again will be the ones who get to see him in concert, which is a limited number. Everyone else will say "whatever" to the whole ghost tunes concept while he misses out on a huge audience he could be impacting. Come on Garth!

He who dies with the most album sells, still dies.

A couple of video clips from the press conference earlier today, one with Garth that perhaps explains the delay in the studio album, and one with Trisha that mentions the Christmas album that probably won't be out this year.

Paula

Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

Do you have links to the clips?

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    Do you have links to the clips?
    was about to ask the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post
    Maybe he will wake up soon and see that nobody else cares about the RIAA crap. That is so 1990s. People just want good music they can access easily (aka Itunes). If writers get screwed, it's not Garth's job to fight for them. They can form a union of some kind and go on strike. But I think that's just an excuse to repackage his stuff and keep increasing the RIAA numbers. Not that he doesn't care for the writers because he is a good guy. But this is just the nature of the business and he doesn't have the power like he once did to change things and the record companies know this. In the meantime, the only young people he will hit it big with who can allow him to have a few more number one hits again will be the ones who get to see him in concert, which is a limited number. Everyone else will say "whatever" to the whole ghost tunes concept while he misses out on a huge audience he could be impacting. Come on Garth!
    Agree 100%, you explained it way better than I could.

thank you

Here you go. This should explain why. http://www.jsonline.com/entertainmen...329600251.html

He apparently lost everything he's recorded in the last six months.

Quote Originally Posted by wimpy77 View Post
    Here you go. This should explain why. http://www.jsonline.com/entertainmen...329600251.html

He apparently lost everything he's recorded in the last six months.
    Thanks...I didn't realize I forgot to include the link.

Paula

Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

He recorded the new album on a phone? and it was fried?

He recorded the new album on a phone? and it was fried?
    For someone that was never into technology? I don't believe it for two seconds.

+ Reply to Thread