+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Would You Be Okay with No New Music in 2015?

Ive always been curious about the structural nature of things. What goes into the recording of an album,
    the processes, the relationships artists have with their studios, how things evolve.

The letter would seem to address all that and why the album didnt come to be in 2015.

Because we are hopeful of good news coming soon. I agree with others, I'm thinking a new album around the time of Vegas. So I figure (just guessing) a new single in May to give it two months before the album drops at the beginning of July.

Its like the lost music from his phone. Probably never any letter.

I listened to a Louisville radio station and they had Garth on for an interview. This was on 2/11. They asked when any new songs would be released and Garth shared that he was in the studio until 2:00 am the night before. He said he's been in the studio holed up for about 4 months and will probably be writing and cutting new music for the next 4 months too. He then mentioned he was getting ready to send a letter to the people who check up on what he's doing. I'm not sure what that last bit means. At least we know he's working on new music and trying to trust his pen.
    "Just keep taking chances and having fun."

So the next 4 months? Probably new album around Thanksgiving. After recording they have to mix and master and prepare promotions.

Awesome, this actually clears things up, if hes writing for the next four months, it will seem a November release for the new album, with songs on it written by GARTH!!!

Also seems the letter is meant for Industry people, and record label people media people, not for the public.

Im fine with that, knowing there will be an album near the end of year, dont really need other news!!

How are they going to release the Christmas album and the new studio album at the same time? I think we'll see the studio album released in August and the Christmas one in November.

I guess August or November are now looking more likely rather than this Spring. I guess that makes sense with the Vegas shows being in July. Ireland was going to be in July, and I think Garth intended to film those shows for a TV special to coincide with MAM, which came out in November. So.... maybe Vegas will be filmed for a TV special to coincide with the new album.

Oh well. As long as he's happy with the music, then whatever. I'm sure it'll be worth it in the end. But a part of me kinda sorta wishes he'd release an EP with some of the other 16 other songs he recorded for MAM (and maybe also that all-star FILP he did last year) to tide us all over while we wait.

He also mentioned Trisha singing "What Are You doing New Year's Eve and another Dan Fogelberg Christmas song as well so the Christmas album is definitely still in production also.
    Last edited by G&TTreknTech77; 02-16-2016 at 12:15 PM.

In the 1990s and early 2000s it wasn't uncommon for artists to release a Christmas album and a traditional album at the same time or within months of each other. Reba did it with So Good Together and The Secret of Giving. Garth did it with both Christmas albums and the reissue of the second album. Toby Keith, George Straight, Pam Tillis and others have also done it Just to name a few others.

They may even market the Christmas album more with Trisha and Garth's album with the focus on him. I'll bet you 10 -1 if the duet album is even moderately successful, Tim and Faith will release a duet album within a year of it.
    #1 Trisha Fan on Planet Garth (But I do love the G-Man too!)

Quote Originally Posted by darkcountry View Post
    In the 1990s and early 2000s it wasn't uncommon for artists to release a Christmas album and a traditional album at the same time or within months of each other. Reba did it with So Good Together and The Secret of Giving. Garth did it with both Christmas albums and the reissue of the second album. Toby Keith, George Straight, Pam Tillis and others have also done it Just to name a few others.

They may even market the Christmas album more with Trisha and Garth's album with the focus on him. I'll bet you 10 -1 if the duet album is even moderately successful, Tim and Faith will release a duet album within a year of it.
    When the Christmas album comes out, I hope GhostTunes does a little mini-holiday-bundle with the new duet Christmas album and remastered versions of Beyond the Season, Magic of Christmas, and Trisha's previous two Christmas albums, all for like $19.99 or something like that.

That would be a very cool bundle!

In the USA, the best country in the world
    agreed- that'd be an interesting bundle.. Can't say that I'd be OVERJOYED to have to get TY's Christmas album again (already have the original cover/release) but id still be up for the bundle! heck I bought the digital bundle in 2014, still have to hope we're not hosed/cheated out of the new album when it comes out... (I think I'm far beyond just taking the 'company line' word for it...)

btw- TY had one Christmas album that I know of / that she has on her website, etc.. not two.. The Sweetest Gift was the title- not a bad album- it has been rereleased (or at least has a new cover) but there's only one album that I know of
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    agreed- that'd be an interesting bundle.. Can't say that I'd be OVERJOYED to have to get TY's Christmas album again (already have the original cover/release) but id still be up for the bundle! heck I bought the digital bundle in 2014, still have to hope we're not hosed/cheated out of the new album when it comes out... (I think I'm far beyond just taking the 'company line' word for it...)

btw- TY had one Christmas album that I know of / that she has on her website, etc.. not two.. The Sweetest Gift was the title- not a bad album- it has been rereleased (or at least has a new cover) but there's only one album that I know of
    According to wikipedia, she released "Home for the Holidays" in 1997. I think it was only sold in Hallmark stores though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trisha...od_discography

yah- no wonder didn't see it- not a really 'official' studio release.. probably only sold in Hallmark stores, much the same way that George Strait had a hallmark release and Steven Curtis Chapman had one.. no worries.. doubt it could be / would be part of an official bundle then, though

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    yah- no wonder didn't see it- not a really 'official' studio release.. probably only sold in Hallmark stores, much the same way that George Strait had a hallmark release and Steven Curtis Chapman had one.. no worries.. doubt it could be / would be part of an official bundle then, though
    You had to buy three cards to get the CD at the time for $10. It was later I learned when Hallmark did those promos, you could go in when they are slow in the afternoon and just buy whatever it was you wanted. Most of the staff didn't worry about whether you bought the cards too lol But yeah, it was a Hallmark item. It's a live recording too and it isn't great quality. There's a girl group on it too that does Christian music too. You can probably Google it and find copies on eBay.

ETA it was Point Of Grace. Amazon apparently sells the MP3 version of it too.

hmm- yeah, not gonna be worrying about that- it doesn't have th feel of a true TY christmas album .... just almost the type of 'i'm here helping to make an album w/ two diff. other acts...'..

still, no worries..

Dang- just looked at the garthbrooks.com website.. i know it's not directly thread related but man... that zip up hoodie.. now THAT is something I'd get

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Any thoughts what this photo shoot might be for?

Photo Shoot with Garth

Looks like an album cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    Any thoughts what this photo shoot might be for?

Photo Shoot with Garth
    They got video of the thing fellas, a slice of a day in the life with Garth. Other than that, I'm sensing it just being promotional photos, but it may evolve to something more.

Im thinking thats gotta be the work for an album cover!

Album or possibly something to do with the clothing line.

ah, the clothing line thing, forgot about that. I think you may be right.

That was very cool. Did you all see when the set fell on him at the end? He didn't even flinch.

Really cool glimpse. You can tell he's been through a photo shoot or two. Ha.

My guess is it's more than just promo stuff. I picture Garth's next album being more what we're used to from Garth...sorta "No Fences-ish". Those pics would be perfect. Good call on the clothing line too. Could be that. I liked it when the photographer said, "we can't show the shots" after the guy running the camera had already shown several.

Quote Originally Posted by jturtels View Post
    That was very cool. Did you all see when the set fell on him at the end? He didn't even flinch.
    That thing didn't even look heavy anyway.

When can the title of this thread be changed from 2015 to 2016.

I logged in and tried to change it. Looks like a mod will need to do it :-(

I think the title can stay as it is...after all, the thread was started in 2015.

Paula

Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

Garth Brooks has just said in a video on his facebook page.

hesaid hes working on the Xmas Album and it should be be out this Fall, he said the new album is pushed backed,
    but they will bring the public in on it on facebook, recording, writing sessions etc etc etc.

I think we can safely say there will be NO studio album this year.
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 04-15-2016 at 10:08 PM.

so when does he end up shafting all those who bought the digital bundle from garthbrooks.com where we were promised the new studio album too? 10 to 1 it happens

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

+ Reply to Thread