+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Would You Be Okay with No New Music in 2015?

Would You Be Okay with No New Music in 2015?

With September upon us, if a new single/album is going to happen this year (besides a Christmas album) an announcement should come soon.

If Garth decides to postpone the promised 2015 album to 2016 would you be okay with that? The speculation on the 2015 album comes from the digital bundle of course.

I'm just trying to get a discussion going. lol

Also, if we only get the Christmas Duets album what kind of a split do you want? Do you want some "duets" ala Tim & Faith where Garth or Trisha only appears as a background vocalist or do you want a true duet album?
    #1 Trisha Fan on Planet Garth (But I do love the G-Man too!)

Of course I would be ok with it. I waited a long time for MAM. I can wait a few extra months for something new.

I have no problems with waiting until 2016 for new music. I'm still listening to MAM in the meantime. I think the Christmas duet album will be all duets.
    "Just keep taking chances and having fun."

I totally agree that Garth can do what he wants. But as a fan, yeah I would be dissapointed and be wondering why, he stills announces projects hes going to do, and then
    doesnt do them, I know circumstances change, but he had a habit of this.

In terms of a xmas duet album, it would probably be the only Garth album I wouldnt buy.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    I know I'd be ok with it in one sense, and disappointed in another...

ok with it in the sense of what spud said- I waited a long time for Garth to come back, to release MAM, and to be on the road... he's back...

I'd be disappointed as it'd be another changed idea/some might say broken promise...

As long as Garth honors the deal of the original digital bundle, and we get that album too (the second one- the '2015 release'...) it'll all be ok
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

I am with Garthmedic on this one.

And I also wouldn't buy a Christmas album. That is just not my thing.
    The sevens have aligned. It has begun...

Would he not open himself up to possible litigation since he advertised a 2015 album if you bought the music he sold in 2014? Of course he will eventually have a new album. But that is not what was advertised.

I just want him to cut the best record he can. If it comes later, so be it. It won't matter if the songs are timeless.

It's coming in 2015. He's been using the summer break to finish it up. He was recently talking about it on the Storme Warren interview on Sirius.

Sweet!!!

I just hope that whatever he releases next has more/mostly material written by Garth himself. I don't care when it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post
    Would he not open himself up to possible litigation since he advertised a 2015 album if you bought the music he sold in 2014? Of course he will eventually have a new album. But that is not what was advertised.
    Absolutely not and this has been addressed several times on this board. The terms & conditions with the purchase of the preorder bundle clearly stated that the release dates of the material could change at any time.

Quote Originally Posted by copinark View Post
    It's coming in 2015. He's been using the summer break to finish it up. He was recently talking about it on the Storme Warren interview on Sirius.
    Any links to that? I'd be curious to read/hear it.

I think like others have said, I'd be super disappointed if he didn't release it this year, since it would be yet another instance where something was promised, and then pulled back. (Especially since MAM was originally envisioned as a double album with 30 songs, meaning there are songs done or very close to done that could be released). But, if holding it makes it stronger, then whatever. I wouldn't like waiting, but what could I possibly so about it?

It's not like I wouldn't buy it, or I'd stop being a fan.

Garth could still do what artists like Beyonce, U2 and Miley Cyrus have done and drop a new album without any notice exclusively through Ghost Tunes (or if he was smart, iTunes). All of those albums were released the day of without any prior announcement or promotion whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by coco1997 View Post
    Garth could still do what artists like Beyonce, U2 and Miley Cyrus have done and drop a new album without any notice exclusively through Ghost Tunes (or if he was smart, iTunes). All of those albums were released the day of without any prior announcement or promotion whatsoever.
    That would be brilliant, but instead, we will get a press conference to announce a press conference, and what will be announce wont be quite what is released.

The problem with iTunes is they (Apple) are way too greedy. The smart thing would be to stick to his business adventure and use Ghost Tunes. A new GB album would make every country radio station, tons of retweets and shares. So may more people use Android over iPhones now, it's time to change the way we think about musical downloads. I think we confuse Kleenex and "facial tissues"...

Quote Originally Posted by YouSoundBitter View Post
    So many more people use Android over iPhones now, it's time to change the way we think about musical downloads.
    Is this true?

Yes. Look up sells of android based phones and tablets compared to iPhones/iPads. Heck, some sell for under $30, and a ton of them move for that price!

Is this true?
    Absolutely. Android users make up more than half of the US market.

Here is some info from March of this year: http://www.nielsen.com/us/en/insight...r-devices.html

That said, the iTunes store still sells more music than Android's Play store could ever dream of.

Why this comes up all the time, I'm not sure. Garth isn't doing iTunes. End of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Sevens View Post
    Why this comes up all the time, I'm not sure. Garth isn't doing iTunes. End of story.
    My point still stands. Garth could drop a brand new album (and single) on the same day exclusively through Ghost Tunes. I'm not sure if any other country artists have done this before but why couldn't he be the first?

I do think that Garth could release an album on the fly on ITUNES...but Ghosttunes is just too new for it to work well....obviously, if promoted there after, it may can work.

I do think they could release the new Friends in Low Places that way though!
    In the land, of the midnight sun!

Agreed, just do Friends, maybe even re-record Thunder and add the extra version and do a 2 song single of it...

Is this true?
    Apple lost their majority market share a while ago.

According to Rolling stone magazine, Garth is working on a xmas duet album with Trisha. So I guess that means no actual studio album in 2015?

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...block-20150908

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    According to Rolling stone magazine, Garth is working on a xmas duet album with Trisha. So I guess that means no actual studio album in 2015?

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...block-20150908

Yeah, the question we've been asking for months is whether the Christmas album would be considered the 2015 Studio Release in the bundle, or whether there would be a separate studio release that would come out at about the same time, or whether there is a separate studio album that will be delayed until next year.

With news of the No Fences reissue, and the Christmas album, I'm growing more and more skeptical that there will ALSO be a studio album. But you never know. Hopefully, all will be revealed next week before the Dallas shows.

He's been talking about the Christmas album since January. I really hope it's not the only release we get.

Well, we might be getting new music this fall. The guy who leaked the info on People Loving People that the songwriter claimed was an "official source" has new Garth Coming Fall 2015.

http://atrl.net/forums/showthread.php?t=647624

He posted lyrics for Tacoma back then too and everything else. He might just be a fan too. But the fact his status is updated to new music coming has me excited.
    #1 Trisha Fan on Planet Garth (But I do love the G-Man too!)

Very good sleuthing!

In the USA, the best country in the world
    ok, so wheres a link to the post thread that makes the claim about new music? or was the only change him 'updating' his status to 'garth is coming fall 2015?'
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

+ Reply to Thread