+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Garth Guitar?

New Garth Guitar?

Did anyone happen to catch the guitar Garth was holding on GMA this morning (3/10) when they 1st talked to him? It looks like it's probably a Takamine, but it had a redesigned soundhole. This one has a "g" designed into the soundhole instead of the guitar shape. Wonder if his Takamine model has been redesigned and going to be available for sale?

I didn't even notice! LOL

But if it's new, is it this one or the older one that is part of the VIP deal?

It was in the album booklet as well. I hope it's a redesigned GB7c! It's a really cool design.

I must be blind today, can't see it in the video or album booklet...

If it's not in the booklet, maybe it was in the extended album artwork I saw somewhere. It's in the bigger version of the photo that is the album artwork for Mom.

https://twitter.com/GMA/status/586500715327004675

Is this the guitar I came across on twitter
    Last edited by The Fever; 04-10-2015 at 02:44 PM.

As much as I love the "g" logo, I think I like the older style better, its so recognizable and unique.

I just don't like it at all. Is it actually a sound hole - or is it a 'g' shaped insert like the rubber noise stoppers some pickers use? How would this sound acoustically? Would it wind up essentially needing to be 'plugged in' to get a decent sound, like some of the odd acoustic/electrics with only a small hole in the very top?

Was it at the last shows he did?

Quote Originally Posted by GBJR77 View Post
    I just don't like it at all. Is it actually a sound hole - or is it a 'g' shaped insert like the rubber noise stoppers some pickers use? How would this sound acoustically? Would it wind up essentially needing to be 'plugged in' to get a decent sound, like some of the odd acoustic/electrics with only a small hole in the very top?
    It looks like it is actually carved into the guitar, and if not, it's a wood feedback buster. As a guitar player, it would probably function much like a hollow-body electric guitar, with the same acoustic qualities plugged in. There's not really any saying though until we hear it!
    Last edited by garth_fan_13; 04-11-2015 at 10:06 AM.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    honestly? IF that's a new garth guitar- it's an ugly one- is it (as KRR said above) a sound hole or some type of insert?

it's possible maybe that it was something 'special' for gma? (don't know really but i'm sure that's possible..) or for the contest he's having (haven't seen all the details there)..

the Tak GB7C is unique and original in a great way- this one is well, unique in a dorky way
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

In the USA, the best country in the world
    dthinking though- peeps at the current concerts would prob. have chance to answer questions about whether or not he's using it, or if it's just a promo type of thing... or the VIP's yeah.. or heck, even when he's on the ACM's
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

+ Reply to Thread