+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Next single?

Next single?

I am thinking it's gonna be "All American Kid" or "You Wreck Me"

All American Kid fits into the current trend of country and I think would fair well with the patriotic audience.
    My personal hope is "You Wreck Me," I feel like Garth would make a statement putting it out on country radio with the unique sound that it has for him. Would be gutsy, and with the song quality, it should be a smash!

Thoughts?

My guesses are All-American Kid (not a big fan) or Cold Like That (stands a decent chance at radio)

I have a sinking feeling its gonna be All American Kid

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Hmm good question... I'd love to see cold like that.... Or midnight train
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

I read somewhere...where I can't remember...that Garth sang Cold Like That during one of his soundchecks. Not that it means anything.

Paula

Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    I read somewhere...where I can't remember...that Garth sang Cold Like That during one of his soundchecks. Not that it means anything.

Paula
    Yep! In St. Louis he was working the song with the band before all his shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    Hmm good question... I'd love to see cold like that.... Or midnight train
    I think Midnight Train would go straight to #1. Would love to see that released - strongest song on the record IMO, besides MAM. It seems like it would draw a large appeal, young and old. It's unique from what's playing on radio right now.

Quote Originally Posted by garth_fan_13 View Post
    I think Midnight Train would go straight to #1. Would love to see that released - strongest song on the record IMO, besides MAM. It seems like it would draw a large appeal, young and old. It's unique from what's playing on radio right now.
    Agreed.

I'm thinking All American Kid or maybe even Wrong About You? I don't think there's a bad choice..maybe Tacoma or Cold Like That..

I'm not sure why there are so many haters on All American Kid...(atleast it seems that way)...it seems like a slam dunk choice to me.

I'm going to be pretty close to the stage on Saturday in Tulsa and think I'm going to put Cold Like That and All American Kid on my sign in hopes Garth sees it.
    In the land, of the midnight sun!

Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    I'm thinking All American Kid or maybe even Wrong About You? I don't think there's a bad choice..maybe Tacoma or Cold Like That..

I'm not sure why there are so many haters on All American Kid...(atleast it seems that way)...it seems like a slam dunk choice to me.

I'm going to be pretty close to the stage on Saturday in Tulsa and think I'm going to put Cold Like That and All American Kid on my sign in hopes Garth sees it.
    For me All-American Kid is just musically and vocally dull. That and the lyrics aren't very unique. The mix of those three things make the song very bland to me.

Not sure if it means anything, but during the music that's played before the concert (normally a lot of Patty Loveless, haggard, etc) All Anerican kid was played shortly before the start.

I wouldn't be surprised if it is "She's Tired of Boys." I like that song a lot and the songwriting. "Midnight Train" and "Cold Like That" would be fine choices too.
    "Just keep taking chances and having fun."

I just think they may do All American Kid because it most closely resembles what is already out there. I do love that song, (not that I don't love the whole record lol) I would just rather see him push the boundary with something less common. I would be shocked if he put Midnight Train out though, its my favorite on the record, and I think its a smash too.

I would say that its safe to say "Wrong About You" is too short for radio. They would have to add an extra solo to put it at at least 2 mins, 30 secs for it to be a real possibility.

Rodeo and Juliet is definitely out of the running as well, as if that was not obvious haha

Quote Originally Posted by ManAgnstMachine View Post
    Rodeo and Juliet is definitely out of the running as well, as if that was not obvious haha

I frickin' LOVE Rodeo & Juliette as its clever and fun!
    "Grace is when God gives us what we don't deserve and mercy is when God doesn't give us what we do deserve" - Dan Roberts

I would love for the next single to be either Midnight Train or Tacoma. I think those are the strongest songs on the album....
    In my opinion, he should stay as far away from releasing something that sounds like what's out there these days....
    You know failure isn't failure
    If a lesson from it's learned

Quote Originally Posted by garth76 View Post
    In my opinion, he should stay as far away from releasing something that sounds like what's out there these days....
    So, Rodeo and Juliet?

What contempary station plays western swing stuff? Lol
    I still like the idea of WRONG ABOUT YOU, short and sweet, plus its an awesome song, fun!!

Re

Quote Originally Posted by YouSoundBitter View Post
    What contempary station plays western swing stuff? Lol
    I still like the idea of WRONG ABOUT YOU, short and sweet, plus its an awesome song, fun!!
    But did you really think it's long enough as it sits? They would have to add a solo or something, dont you think?

I think so. Especially morning radio, they get an extra minute or so to talk more! It's upbeat, no deep message to it, I think it would work good. I have nothing to do with working with radio, so I don't know what their "policy" is on length of songs though...

I think Wrong About You is the most radio friendly song on the whole album.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    hmm- the more I listen and think about it, I'm thinking the most radio friendly ones right now may be she's tired of boys, and MAYBE you wreck me or midnight train
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Fair enough. I would love to hear Midnight Train released.

All American Kid. Good story song and I think it would make a great music video. I still wonder why he didn't release a video for PLP.

All American Kid. Good story song and I think it would make a great music video. I still wonder why he didn't release a video for PLP.

Wrong About You would work fine without an instrumental. The shorter song would help to fill additional airtime during an hour which programmers would appreciate. Additionally, there are a number of hit songs that are fairly short.

Dreamboat Annie
    Mercedes Benz
    Her Majesty
    Chattahoochee
    On The Road Again
    A bunch of Hank Williams Sr, Conway Twitty and Johnny Cash songs

If Garth released it, I think it would be embraced.

It appears Mom is dead at radio based upon its chart history. If Mom died with all the great viral video buzz it had, nothing he releases is going to get traction. He just doesn't fit into radio's programming formula right now. Let's just enjoy the recordings and the touring and the occasional TV appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by CBooUF View Post
    It appears Mom is dead at radio based upon its chart history. If Mom died with all the great viral video buzz it had, nothing he releases is going to get traction. He just doesn't fit into radio's programming formula right now. Let's just enjoy the recordings and the touring and the occasional TV appearances.
    Unless you fit the mold of what the radio stations want to play, you're excluded.

I'm a big fan of Dave Matthews Band. They had an awesome song on their last album called "Mercy." It was and is a wonderful song, which was even better when performed live. Despite that, it Never got any airplay. Even the radio stations who would play Dave Matthews Band, only stick to their old "hits," the same standard songs they would normally play because they were big hits about 15 years ago.

It's sad, because I think that "Mom" is one of those songs, which should do great if given the chance. But what do I know?

Mercy - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahUWn1MpccI
    Last edited by SoCalGarthFan; 01-22-2015 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGarthFan View Post
    Unless you fit the mold of what the radio stations want to play, you're excluded.

I'm a big fan of Dave Matthews Band. They had an awesome song on their last album called "Mercy." It was and is a wonderful song, which was even better when performed live. Despite that, it Never got any airplay. Even the radio stations who would play Dave Matthews Band, only stick to their old "hits," the same standard songs they would normally play because they were big hits about 15 years ago.

It's sad, because I think that "Mom" is one of those songs, which should do great if given the chance. But what do I know?

Mercy - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahUWn1MpccI
    Yup. One of my local stations has played Garth 5 times in the last 24 hours. Not one of them was "Mom" or even "People Loving People"

The good thing is we know he has another album coming out next year. If nothing from this album is a big hit then who knows what we might hear on that one! In the meantime, at least us fans are able to have him back.

+ Reply to Thread