+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 43

Thread: *SPOILER ALERT* - Reviews for Atlanta Shows

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 1998
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    7,307

    *SPOILER ALERT* - Reviews for Atlanta Shows

    Post your reviews and experiences from the Atlanta shows here.

    Paula

    Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    670
    just watched the first 15 minutes on facetime via a friend for show #1 haha. All the same so far. Man Against...Rodeo... CROWD IS ABSOLUTELY PANDEMONIUM
    G-minus 2230 until my first of 4 Atl shows.
    Atl loves some GB and it has been 18 years

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    670
    It is absolutely pandemonium from what I'm hearing on the phone and from reports from my friends there.

    Remember when I said years ago that the number of fingers he holds up to the band at the end of FILP (check my post history from long ago) is his crowd "rating" in addition to how many "boom booms" he finishes the song on? I bet the Atl ones best the Chicago ones///could just be a bias though
    GOt to hear THat summer and Beaches of Cheyqueesha on the phone since . It's absurd..absolutely ABSURD how loud it is in Phillips right now

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    S.C.
    Posts
    208
    I'm here for second Friday show. 1130. Nothing happening yet

  5. #5
    Early show was electric and loud. Kelly Clarkson came out to sing PF and Walkaway Joe. Encore was Fever and Much Too Young. Crowd was all ages. Filled to the brim. 4 fingers at end of FILP.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,773
    It looks like he broke out Two Pina Coladas for the first time this tour at the late show.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    S.C.
    Posts
    208
    Yep. Two piña coladas. Instead of two of a kind. Good acoustic set for encore. Wolves. Lonesome dove. TMYFML. He was whooped.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    S.C.
    Posts
    208
    Sitting in traffic in Atlanta so I'll post my thoughts on the late show tonight.

    Started late. After 1130pm. I think the opening is great. Very Garth but not sure of the new song as opening. But he quickly picked up the rhythm with Rodeo. And didn't stop. Set list was pretty much same as Chicago shows with the exception I mentioned earlier. Two Piña Coladas was added. No 2of a kind or Thunder Rolls. It was Ms. Yearwoods bday so there was a cute little break during her set where Happy Birthday was sung and he gave her a bday cake (UGA) and a Braves jersey. Lots of cute moments with them tonight. Ended with the usual Fever as first encore and short acoustic set after. Finished with Much Too Young. Felt short to me but this was my first show with Trisha in the middle. Still total was 2 hrs and 20 minutes. Almost 2am stop time.
    Crowd was loud and really great but several empty areas. Even on lower level. I'm looking forward to coming back next Friday with better seats and only one show on the night.

  9. #9
    dang id love to see wolves if anyone finds that clip...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    S.C.
    Posts
    208
    Here's a complete setlist for the curious ones.

    9/19 late show

    Man against the Machine
    Rodeo
    Two of a kind (earlier post said it was left out. Sorry. It was 3am)
    Beaches
    Two pina coladas
    River
    Papa loved mama
    Ain't going down
    Unanswered prayers
    To make u feel my love
    That summer
    People loving people
    In anothers eyes
    Trisha - Xs & Os
    Trisha- how do I live (great crowd singalong. Blows me away every time.)
    Trisha - in love with the boy
    Crowd - Happy birthday
    Trisha - PF
    Shameless
    Baton Rouge
    FILP
    Dance

    The fever

    Wolves
    Lonesome dove
    When u come back
    Amarillo by morning
    Much too young.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Fayetteville, Arkansas
    Posts
    922
    wow, love the second encore list! When You Come Back to me Again is one of my all time favorite Garth songs.
    In the land, of the midnight sun!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    63
    Hard to believe he didn't do Thunder Rolls.
    Happiness isn't getting what you want, it is wanting what you've got.
    GB

  13. #13
    Yeah kcflyer...he's even said "You're not a Garth Brooks concert if he doesn't do those songs."

    Quick unrelated edit: Garth will hopefully be hitting the North East very soon. Anybody have any tips on "running into" the band/crew guys that give out stage-side tickets. I know they're mostly for the pretty girls, (as has been winked at by the guys themselves.) But they gotta have some diversity down there, right? A young fan who knows every word? lol. Worth a try...ya never know unless you ask. Let me know who has luck with this in Atlanta!! (Feel free to switch my post, Moderators, if it's too unrelated)
    Last edited by gbfansince3; 09-20-2014 at 10:43 PM.
    Matt
    "Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire"-GB

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    In the USA, the best country in the world
    Posts
    7,683
    From what I know (via a person at the show tonight (early show):

    Setlist

    Man against the machine
    rodeo
    two of a kind
    the river
    two piña coladas
    papa loved mama
    Ain't going down
    Unanswered prayers
    Much too young
    Thunder rolls
    People loving people
    In another's eyes
    She's in love with the boy
    How do I live
    American girl
    Prize fighter
    Shameless
    Calling Baton Rouge
    Filp
    The dance

    Encore
    Fever
    That summer
    Walk away joe
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

    I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

    My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    670
    Quote Originally Posted by gbfansince3 View Post
    Yeah kcflyer...he's even said "You're not a Garth Brooks concert if he doesn't do those songs."

    Quick unrelated edit: Garth will hopefully be hitting the North East very soon. Anybody have any tips on "running into" the band/crew guys that give out stage-side tickets. I know they're mostly for the pretty girls, (as has been winked at by the guys themselves.) But they gotta have some diversity down there, right? A young fan who knows every word? lol. Worth a try...ya never know unless you ask. Let me know who has luck with this in Atlanta!! (Feel free to switch my post, Moderators, if it's too unrelated)
    Unfortunately there is no rhyme or reasons... tonight marked well over a dozen shows for me. I tend to think I'm an "above average -good looking" guy in his early 30's who used to be accompanied by nice looking girls durng the 96-98 tour and have been bustin my ass to run into the crew to practically beg for an upgrade. Most memorable is in Tampa 98' when I basically said to Jimmy... Let's cut this bulksh*t.. You guys are still guys and save the front rows for the eye candy and he nodded yes." Fast forward to tonight... I even texted Skywise and told him... There was an 'average' couple in their 30's upgraded by Jimmy again right in front of me in the lobby of Phillips.... And I just laughed. Shortly thereafter one of the crew guys in the Gmen Hazmat (you'll understand when you see it live) dungarees upgraded 3 very attractive girls next to me... So the 'be pretty and be loud' rule still exists... But not necessarily always... But I WILL say I have yet to see anyone older than 40 in the front two rows. Tonight was #14 for me. Tomorrow night will be #15 so I'll update if anything changes. And if my phone dies, Skywise will be my field reporter! I'll write more in detail during the week or after the ATL run but tonight was INSANE!!!! As evidenced by my p*ss poor grammar and punctuation seriously .. The Garth concert 'high' is a real thing. If you've been. You know.. If not, then I simply say.. It's one HELL of a drug
    Last edited by AronP24; 09-21-2014 at 02:34 AM.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    In the USA, the best country in the world
    Posts
    7,683
    I'll do my best to report for ya aron!! you know that!!
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

    I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

    My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    670
    Is there no way to post pics directly? This site is as archane as GB himself lol posted links but delete them as I'd rather post some pics direct
    Last edited by AronP24; 09-21-2014 at 02:44 AM.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    In the USA, the best country in the world
    Posts
    7,683
    understood, Mr. Aron!
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

    I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

    My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by AronP24 View Post
    Unfortunately there is no rhyme or reasons... tonight marked well over a dozen shows for me. I tend to think I'm an "above average -good looking" guy in his early 30's who used to be accompanied by nice looking girls durng the 96-98 tour and have been bustin my ass to run into the crew to practically beg for an upgrade. Most memorable is in Tampa 98' when I basically said to Jimmy... Let's cut this bulksh*t.. You guys are still guys and save the front rows for the eye candy and he nodded yes." Fast forward to tonight... I even texted Skywise and told him... There was an 'average' couple in their 30's upgraded by Jimmy again right in front of me in the lobby of Phillips.... And I just laughed. Shortly thereafter one of the crew guys in the Gmen Hazmat (you'll understand when you see it live) dungarees upgraded 3 very attractive girls next to me... So the 'be pretty and be loud' rule still exists... But not necessarily always... But I WILL say I have yet to see anyone older than 40 in the front two rows. Tonight was #14 for me. Tomorrow night will be #15 so I'll update if anything changes. And if my phone dies, Skywise will be my field reporter! I'll write more in detail during the week or after the ATL run but tonight was INSANE!!!! As evidenced by my p*ss poor grammar and punctuation seriously .. The Garth concert 'high' is a real thing. If you've been. You know.. If not, then I simply say.. It's one HELL of a drug
    Love ya post, really like hearing about stuff like this.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    670
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    From what I know (via a person at the show tonight (early show):

    Setlist

    Man against the machine
    rodeo
    two of a kind
    the river
    two piña coladas
    papa loved mama
    Ain't going down
    Unanswered prayers
    Much too young
    Thunder rolls
    People loving people
    In another's eyes
    She's in love with the boy
    How do I live
    American girl
    Prize fighter
    Shameless
    Calling Baton Rouge
    Filp
    The dance

    Encore
    Fever
    That summer
    Walk away joe
    Must've forgotten to mention Beaches. He did that 4th. Oops. Was a long night. I'm hoping tonight's show is even longer since there is only one.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    In the USA, the best country in the world
    Posts
    7,683
    Boy, make me look bad!

    Updated set list

    Man against machine,
    rodeo,
    two of a kind
    Beaches of Cheyenne
    river
    two piña
    papa loved mama
    Ain't going down
    Uap
    Much too young
    Thunder rolls
    People loving people
    In another's eyes
    She's in love with the boy
    How do I live
    American girl
    Prize fighter
    Shameless
    Calling Baton Rouge
    Filp
    The dance

    Encore
    Fever
    That summer
    Walk away joe
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

    I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

    My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

  22. #22
    Well I attended the Saturday early show (I just literally got home from a six hour trip.) Nearly lost my voice because I was trying to get myself amongst the crowd while singing along. But biggest highlight for me, I was at section 316 Row K Seat 21 (behind the stage), and apparently while Garth was going to our side during FILP and while I was trying to get his attention...apparently he might've seen me and pointed back at me and screamed "YEAH!"

    Also as a challenge from a friend of mine whose a comedian, he told me to go take some pictures of that night...I went 100 steps further and recorded every second of the show on the voice recorder app on my phone, 2 and a half hours recorded from start to finish.

    My biggest complaint: during People Loving People, plenty of idiots around my section were getting up out of there seat to IDK either use the bathroom or get another beer. What is it with people walking out on a singers new song and not even getting a chance to hear it. I'm sorry but that is 1000% rude and disrespectful.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    3,793
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricOutcast View Post


    My biggest complaint: during People Loving People, plenty of idiots around my section were getting up out of there seat to IDK either use the bathroom or get another beer. What is it with people walking out on a singers new song and not even getting a chance to hear it. I'm sorry but that is 1000% rude and disrespectful.

    I guess they're People Not Loving People!

    ~Ann~

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    670
    After years of trying...We were finally ugraded last night by a crew member for the front. I'm still buzzing...and still partially deaf. Never experienced anything like it. Even being 4th row in Nashville in 2010 had NOTHING on being a lucky "wristbander" up front.
    Will provide details soon. But...wow wow...WOW
    Encore songs included Red Strokes which he played for a girl in the front whose father passed away and he had a very sweet moment with her, Also I screamed out Lonesome Dove...and he looked at me, said it gets requested more than any other unreleased song...and started playing it and other great songs.

    Trying to get settled back into work after two days of GB concert highness...but will report back soon

  25. #25
    I had a GREAT time at the two Atlanta shows Friday night! He even pointed at me and thanked me in his after "the dance" thanks in the first show (acknowledged that I had also been in Chicago, same sign)!! if anyone has a close video of that, i'd love to see it I have found one, but would love to see if i could find a closer view out there!

    if that set list above is from friday night, he didn't do That Summer in the encore. Much Too Young was in it's place. That Summer was earlier.

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    1,530
    Very, very cool for you, AronP24!
    The sevens have aligned. It has begun...

  27. #27
    Just arrived back home, have to say that the trip over to Atlanta was well worth it. Was hugely disappointed, like a lot of people when the Croke Park concerts were cancelled but if they had not been cancelled I would not have bothered with flying over to Atlanta, which would have been a shame as the concerts were amazing. Attended all 5 concerts and while the atmosphere and the crowd were amazing at all the shows, the late show on the Saturday night was best, mainly due to the encores that Garth pulled out of the bag.

    Show 1
    Man vs Machine
    Rodeo
    Two of a kind
    Beaches of Cheyenne
    The river
    Papa Loved Mama
    Ain't going down
    Unanswered Prayers
    That Summer
    The Thunder Rolls
    People Loving People
    In another eyes

    Trisha Yearwood
    XXX's and OOO's
    How do I Live
    She's in Love with the Boy
    Prizefighter w/ Kelly Clarkson
    Walkaway Joe w/ Kelly Clarkson

    Callin' Baton Rouge
    FILP
    The Dance

    Encore 1
    The Fever

    Encore 2
    Much too young

    Show 2
    Man vs Machine
    Rodeo
    Two of a kind
    Beaches of Cheyenne
    Two Piña Coladas
    The river
    Papa Loved Mama
    Ain't going down
    Unanswered Prayers
    To Make You Feel My Love
    That Summer
    People Loving People
    In another eyes

    Trisha Yearwood
    XXX's and OOO's
    How do I Live
    She's in Love with the Boy
    Prizefighter

    Shameless
    Callin' Baton Rouge
    FILP
    The Dance

    Encore 1
    The Fever

    Encore 2
    Wolves
    In Lonesome Dove
    When you come back to me again
    Amarillo by morning
    Much too Young

    Show 3

    Man vs Machine
    Rodeo
    Two of a kind
    Beaches of Cheyenne
    The river
    Two Piña Coladas
    Papa Loved Mama
    Ain't going down
    Unanswered Prayers
    Much too young
    The Thunder Rolls
    People Loving People
    In another eyes

    Trisha Yearwood
    XXX's and OOO's
    How do I Live
    She's in Love with the Boy
    Prizefighter

    Shameless
    Callin' Baton Rouge
    FILP
    The Dance

    Encore 1
    The Fever

    Encore 2
    That Summer
    Walkaway Joe

    Show 4
    Man vs Machine
    Rodeo
    Two of a kind
    Beaches of Cheyenne
    Two Piña Coladas
    The River
    Papa Loved Mama
    Ain't going down
    Unanswered Prayers
    Much too young
    The Thunder Rolls
    People Loving People
    In another eyes

    Trisha Yearwood
    XXX's and OOO's
    How do I Live
    Georgia Rain
    She's in Love with the Boy

    Shameless
    Callin' Baton Rouge
    FILP
    The Dance

    Encore 1
    The Fever

    Encore 2
    Operator
    In Lonesome dove
    Night moves
    Amarillo by morning
    Learning to live again
    Standing outside the fire

    Show 5
    Man vs Machine
    Rodeo
    Two of a kind
    Beaches of Cheyenne
    The River
    Two Piña Coladas
    Papa Loved Mama
    Ain't going down
    Unanswered Prayers
    The Thunder Rolls
    People Loving People
    In another eyes

    Trisha Yearwood
    XXX's and OOO's
    How do I Live
    She's in Love with the Boy
    Prizefighter

    Shameless
    Callin' Baton Rouge
    FILP
    The Dance

    Encore 1
    The Fever

    Encore 2
    The Red Strokes
    In Lonesome dove
    If Tomorrow never comes
    Much too young

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 1998
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    7,307
    Thanks for all the reviews and set lists. It appears that the shows to be at, when there are two in one night, are the late shows.

    Paula

    Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

  29. #29
    Apologies made a mistake on Show 4 should be the following:

    Unanswered Prayers
    To Make you feel my love
    If Tomorrow Never Comes
    Much too young

  30. #30
    The late shows are definitely the shows to be at. The crowds at the late shows are loose and is more of a party atmosphere. The early show is great. I found it to be a bit older of a crowd. I think Garth saves his best stuff for the late show.
    "Just keep taking chances and having fun."

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts