+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Garth has been called out to do the Ice Bucket Challenge...

Garth has been called out to do the Ice Bucket Challenge...

In the land, of the midnight sun!

I hope if he does it in Chicago... he does it every show... cause I want to see!

It's for a good cause, but I doubt we see it due to everything he's got going right now. He's a very charitable person anyway so I'm sure if he doesn't do it he'll make a large donation privately.

oh please...Garth invented the Ice Bucket Challenge: water bottles and red paint anybody?

He, sadly, has nowhere to post the video where it could be shared since he seems stuck in 1997.

He could post it on garthbrooks.com ....

Oh yeah, he could totally announce on his website that he'll make an announcement soon about when he'll take the challenge! Then, when that day comes, he could post a video or statement announcing that the wait is over and that more details will be soon forthcoming on when and how he'll dump that precious bucket of ice water on his head. He could say he'll do it within a few weeks and even provide a countdown clock. Then two, three months later after the clock expires, maybe he'll actually do it. Or not.

No one else seems to be posting it to their own website.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    He could post it on garthbrooks.com ....

Goodness this forum has gotten salty as of late.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Ya know, as it's a fundraiser for ALS awareness, etc. I think it's a great idea.. gotta think of who I'd call out and could do it myself (heck Ii've done other stuff weird, like the polar bear plunge in colorado)..

Garth's probably one who'd do it- it'll make news somehow!
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

At the end of Entertainment Tonight, nancy o'dell called out Garth. Go to etonline.com and in the videos section, there is a video about celebs doing the challenge. At the end of the segment, they said they will have the video of Garth on Monday. I set my DVR and hope they are right!
    Last edited by kea883; 08-15-2014 at 10:32 PM.

Here is the link to the Entertainment Tonight video:
    http://www.etonline.com/media/video/...943/index.html

I don't know if G would have done it for FGL (can't claim to be a fan), I really don't know how well he knows them, but he will do it for Nancy O'Dell... Guess I'm watching ET of all things Monday.

I just heard about the ice bucket challenge two days ago. I guess I must have been living in a cave... but given my Dad passed away from the horrible disease in 2003, I'm more than up for the challenege. Going to think about how to do this one...

Nope

If I was Garth I wouldn't acknowledge these frat boys and their bro country. The biggest selling solo artist of all-time vs. two of the reasons country is so awful today.

He wouldn't be doing it for Florida Georgia Line. He'd be doing it for ALS research.

add Zac Brown Band...they challenged Garth too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbeU4L2OXm0

From what I'm hearing he might do it tonight and if he does do it, they better melt that ice real good because it was reported on the news this morning that a man died while diving in a pool of it: http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/17/us/ice...ath/index.html

and I wanna say for the record: ever since the Garth/Strait ACM Debacle I declared an undying hatred of this bro-country genre crap from people like Florida Georgia Line, Luke Bryan, Jason Aldean and Blake Shelton so screw all of them for messing with the very genre I loved as a child

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricOutcast View Post
    and I wanna say for the record: ever since the Garth/Strait ACM Debacle I declared an undying hatred of this bro-country genre crap from people like Florida Georgia Line, Luke Bryan, Jason Aldean and Blake Shelton so screw all of them for messing with the very genre I loved as a child
    Please expand on this for those of us who missed it...

Looks like he was on-stage working up the new show.
    Happiness isn't getting what you want, it is wanting what you've got.
    GB

From what I'm hearing he might do it tonight and if he does do it, they better melt that ice real good because it was reported on the news this morning that a man died while diving in a pool of it: http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/17/us/ice...ath/index.html
    The only connection between the Ice Bucket Challenge and that tragedy is that the man had raised money for ALS research earlier that day and is friends with Pete Frates who inspired the challenge. I believe he dived off a building into the ocean (not a pool of ice) to celebrate.

Quote Originally Posted by G1976B View Post
    Please expand on this for those of us who missed it...
    prior to me adopting this username I went by another one by the name of vegitoth (dumb name I know) I said this in regard to how the Garth Brooks/George Strait duet tribute to Dick Clark was nothing but a joke and I quote: I've said it many times that I've left Nashville Country because the songs these days are basically Hip-Hop in the Sticks and overall the ceremonies proved my point. I'm sitting through the ACM Awards with a pounding headache because of the crap that was being played throughout the night just so I could see Garth and Strait. After last nights performance and the length of it in general when it should've definitely been more, it's completely unforgivable how it turned out and I have officially had it with Nashville Country so I don't care if even they do like a George Strait Retirement Special I refuse to watch a Country Music Award Show from either the CMA, ACM, or even Fox's new one anymore. Over. Done. End of Story.

So in short: I refuse to take part in anything shape or form related to Nashville Country until Florida Georgia Line, Jason Aldean, Luke Bryan and Blake Shell-out fade into obscurity to the point of them regretting the fact that they kissed these bro-country songwriters and record executives butts just to make a quick buck. From now on it's nothing for me but Garth, Trisha, Strait, the 90's, and people like Wade Bowen, Sarah Darling, Jack Ingram, Jason Isbell, Randy Rogers and the entire Texas Country genre.
    Last edited by ElectricOutcast; 08-18-2014 at 10:29 PM.

Here's a link to the video in case you missed it - http://www.etonline.com/news/150036_...nge/index.html

Paula

Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

That looks like our first look at the world tour set!

Definitely our first look at the world tour stage! Might also be our look at his tour wardrobe as well. Lol. A good clip for sure for a good cause. Come on "black and gold!"
    "Just keep taking chances and having fun."

Totally awesome and the glimse of the stage looks really nice!

Well apparently Ronnie Dunn was called out to do the Ice Bucket Challenge and guess who he called out: Chris Gaines. God will these jokes on that character ever stop because I'm really sick and tired of that crap.

Well apparently Ronnie Dunn was called out to do the Ice Bucket Challenge and guess who he called out: Chris Gaines. God will these jokes on that character ever stop because I'm really sick and tired of that crap.
    Wow. What an *ss. I guess along with him being mostly responsible for breaking up the best duo in country music history, this is another reason to dislike him.

Watch the video. He wasn't being an "*ss"

Really, it's not a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Sevens View Post
    Watch the video. He wasn't being an "*ss"

Really, it's not a big deal.
    I haven't seen the video, but I'll take your word for it. Obviously still a wee bit bitter over the loss of B&D. :-)

Ronnie didn't mean anything by it....if nothing else he knew Garth already did the challenge.

+ Reply to Thread