+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Garth set for final Tonight Show with Jay Leno

Garth set for final Tonight Show with Jay Leno

Garth will appear with Billy Crystal on the final episode of the Tonight Show with Jay Leno on Feb. 6th.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...ytheNumbers%29

yey, thanks!!
    Tammy
    http://flickr.com/tjsgotgbfever for KC LA LV NASH pics

Woohoo! Thanks!

Paula
    Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

I requested tickets, as did my mom and coworker but no word yet. I'm not really holding my breath since it is the last day of filming for Jay and I anticipate lots of special guests in the audience. But I requested the day off work and we're considering heading down there for the day and seeing Garth when he exits the studio.

Good luck! That would be very special to see.

Yay! Here' hoping he does some old stuff. Love the new covers, but I want to here him do one of his classics on TV.
    Matt
    "Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire"-GB

This doesn't surprise me one bit. Garth and Jay have been buddies for years. I first found out who Jay was when he appeared in Mr. Brooks's "We Shall Be Free" video, and I'll never forget Garth singing with KISS on his show in 1994, Jay presenting him with the Jim Reeves Memorial Award at the 1995 ACMs, Garth debuting "Longneck Bottle" in 1997 with Steve Wariner, Leno's presentation of the Artist of the Decade to Garth in 1999, him singing Unanswered Prayers with the string section in 2010 (just beautiful) and the last time he appeared on the Tonight show. If they ever do a tribute show to Garth's music, Jay should be the host.

I LOVED his version of To Make You Feel My Love on Jay, I would love just the audio of it!

There are youtube videos of him leaving the taping of the concert and signing autographs.

Look closely at the hat. Doesn't say "Wynn Las Vegas" anymore
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LBWOCTVs_8
    Matt
    "Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire"-GB

It was so good seeing him with Stillwater again. Mike, Johnny, Mark, Jimmy, Bruce and Dave. Yet, I wonder, whatever happened to Garth's original steel player, Steve McClure, the shy guy from Augusta, KS? My ex-uncle went to school with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven75407 View Post
    Yet, I wonder, whatever happened to Garth's original steel player, Steve McClure, the shy guy from Augusta, KS? My ex-uncle went to school with him.
    If you Google him, you'll find some recent information on what he's been doing.

I wonder if any Garthnutts got to see him after the Leno show. If so, let's hear about it!

Paula
    Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

+ Reply to Thread