+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No Tour Details Until January / Early February

No Tour Details Until January / Early February

On one of the radio interviews Garth did today, he said they would release more details about the tour in the next 6-8 weeks.

I wonder how he will sell tickets for this. As we all know, Garth hates scalpers and will always try to block them out.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    good points- I doubt though, that GArth can do things just as they used to be.. in todays' day and age of digital commerce , venues will have pre sales, etc.. it's a diff. world with ticketing....
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

There are ways. I belong to the Eric Church fan club. He sets aside some of the best seats in the house for his fan club. When you purchase tickets, you can only pick your tickets up at will call and must provide your credit card used to buy the tickets and a photo id.
    It would be nice to see Garth with a fan club set up kinda like that. I've been to three Eric Church concerts and haven't had a bad seat yet.

It would be nice to see Garth with a fan club set up kinda like that. I've been to three Eric Church concerts and haven't had a bad seat yet.
    Or you can be a slightly attractive to very atractive female, in which case Garth's band and crew will actually seek you out before the show and place you in the first two rows. Every show, every tour. It is very upsetting as one of those male types that I have no chance. I even ran into Jimmy walking around the ice palace in Tampa before the show in 98 and asked him straight up. He said he had already given them out...at least I got to talk to Jimmy I suppose. Him and Steve and Mark were just hanging out on some steps near one of the arena entrances...I recognized them all immediately. I knew deep down that I had no shot...but it was worth axin'

hey aron- where's my tampa show?

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I remember seeing Mike Palmer at a show in St. Louis in '96. He had already passed them out too. I know that at his KC, LA, and Nashville shows the band no longer passed them out. It was some guy who was finding the pretty ladies to put up front. I was in the 3rd row in Nashville and the girls in front of me barely knew the words to any songs. That was a tough pill to swallow.

I'd like to see Garth make everyone show their credit card/ID to pick their tickets up at the shows. That would keep the scalpers away.

This is generally true, I've seen it happen many times to people as I've walked to my seats. However, in Minneapolis in 98, I was stuck at the very back of the floor. I'm about 5-foot nothing, and while happy to be there soon realized I wouldn't get to actually 'see' the show. I got there super early, and as I was scoping out my seat, Garth's mom, dad, and sister Betsy walked up to me. I happened to be wearing the same jacket that his dad was, so we chatted about that for a minute before I asked for a picture with them. After the photo they asked if I was excited for the show and I was honest and told them I was but that I was afraid I wouldn't get to actually see anything. Then they handed me a second row ticket and told me to have fun. One of the neatest things that has happened at a show for me - aside from Garth seeing my signs in Lincoln (and playing "Learning to Live Again" from it) and Kansas City (and playing "Which One of Them" and "Wolves" from it).

I wonder if he is doing the wrist band thing for his new world tour?

For tickets? I tink physical tickets being bought like that aren't nearly as common as they used to be.. It's more digital now...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Garth will probably have less control over tickets than he's used to. There's a lot more competition for ticket sales now so different venues use different companies.

Either way, just remember that if you don't want to buy expensive tickets...don't buy from any source but the original. Easy as that.

great point- don't buy except from the original source- there are a lot more venue choices other than straight ticket master (tickets west, the source our pepsi center (company name escapes me) uses, for example..) you have legit after market sites like stub hub... it's (cough cough) going digital...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    great point- don't buy except from the original source- there are a lot more venue choices other than straight ticket master (tickets west, the source our pepsi center (company name escapes me) uses, for example..) you have legit after market sites like stub hub... it's (cough cough) going digital...
    They will be digital regardless, because that's the option most use now. Garth won't get a say in that I'm betting.

If a show sold out, it sold out. It's your own fault if you buy a $500 ticket online.

+ Reply to Thread