+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Garth on Leno the 27th! and on Ellen the 29th!

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGarthFan View Post
    I just got back from the Tonight Show taping. Garth stopped at the gate after the show and signed autos and took pictures for about 1/2 an hour.

Song performed was "Night Moves," and it's the last segment of the show.
    Oh Lord I am so jealous!

Quote Originally Posted by jturtels View Post
    Did you get to meet him?
    Yes, I got a picture with him. There was a large group of people, surrounding him, and he basically went through everybody one by one, taking pictures and signing stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGarthFan View Post
    Yes, I got a picture with him. There was a large group of people, surrounding him, and he basically went through everybody one by one, taking pictures and signing stuff.
    what was the interview like...did he tell anything new?
    Alternative :http://ultimategarthforum.proboards.com/
    my garth obsession: https://www.youtube.com/c/ICEPETSQUEEN
    my garth site: http://www.theultimategarthbrookssite.com/

Quote Originally Posted by cissie View Post
    what was the interview like...did he tell anything new?
    Absolutely nothing new. Before the commercial break, Jay mentioned something about Garth having a special announcement when they return. However, so far as I could tell, there was nothing announced, and when they came back from the break, the next segment was showing videos of Garth's prior appearances on The Tonight Show, along with some other "ancient" clips of Garth.

Whatever Garth has planned for next year, is still being kept secret for now.

Hmm, was going to break my long-running boycott of Leno for Garth, mayhaps I'll just wait for Ellen.

My mom and I got to meet Garth after Leno! It was so amazing... He is, hands down, the most humble and generous star I've ever met. I'm uploading pics now and will post them soon

SoCalGarthFan - I wondered if you were there! Did you get any pics this time around?

Congrats to those who were lucky to go to the show and meet up with Garth after.

Paula

Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

Yay for you all that met Garth!!! So happy for you! You'll be on cloud 7 for a while! Can't wait to see pictures!

The announcement that Leno was referring to was Garth is now a grandfather.
    "You know the woman wants her cowboy....."

Quote Originally Posted by callmefrenchie View Post
    My mom and I got to meet Garth after Leno! It was so amazing... He is, hands down, the most humble and generous star I've ever met. I'm uploading pics now and will post them soon

SoCalGarthFan - I wondered if you were there! Did you get any pics this time around?
    I was going to look for you also, since I knew you went with your mom, but saw a few mother-daughters, and I didn't want to start going up to people randomly asking.

I did get a picture with Garth. Now I have 2, the other was taken over a decade ago at a Hollywood Squares taping. He's wearing a baseball cap in that one also.

He did notice my sweatshirt, which was an "I Was There" shirt from Kansas City in 2007. I kind of wanted to ask him if Ireland was in the works for next year, but I figured he was still maintaining the vow of silence on all things "tour," so I didn't bother.

I broke my long-running boycott of watching Leno by going to a taping. Now I'll go back to not watching for his final couple of months, unless of course Garth makes another appearance.

No, that was the first thing they talked about in the interview. Leno mentioned this "announcement" before the mid-interview commercial break.

So glad for the ones of you that got to go and got pictures!
    The sevens have aligned. It has begun...

Garth did mention that he would be back before his Jay's last show in February.

In case anyone missed him on Leno last night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scZrtrMpOsM

Thanks!!

I Think The Announcement Was The Concert Special.

I saw you! In fact, my mom took your picture with Garth I hope it turned out okay. We were realllyyyy excited haha!

Here are my pics:
    Garth & I
    http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a44...ps5b538ff3.jpg

Garth & my mom
    http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a44...ps5a097c28.jpg

With our signs (and Garth in the background!)
    http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a44...ps08f25223.jpg

Meeting fans
    http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a44...ps46b2c5cb.jpg

GREAT photos!!!

Quote Originally Posted by garthrules1 View Post
    I Think The Announcement Was The Concert Special.
    That wouldn't make sense, because he mentioned the CBS special right when Garth was introduced. Honestly, when I heard Jay say it, I figured it was something of significance. It was a great interview, but there was no "breaking news" that I could tell. He was obviously promoting the box set and the CBS special, but nothing 2014 related at all.

Quote Originally Posted by callmefrenchie View Post
    I saw you! In fact, my mom took your picture with Garth I hope it turned out okay. We were realllyyyy excited haha!
    Wonderful! Great pictures, I especially like the one he took with your mom. I will upload mine by Saturday. I suspect since he was on Jay's first Tonight Show 20 years ago, he would be on one of the last shows, which they mentioned last night. I did not even hear it since everyone was cheering, but it was obvious on the show that aired. I might have to try for that one, although if it does turn out to be on the final show itself, getting in to the taping might be next to impossible.

Thanks for sharing your pics! How cool is that? I would love more than anything to get a pic with him someday.

Wish I was on the west coast. Hope Garth comes to David Letterman or GMA. I go to school in NYC, so I can just hop a train and go to where ever. (I would skip class for Garth. lol).

The View and The Talk are both scheduled for December and possibly more.

Awesome! If nothing else it foreshadows a HUGE announcement very soon. Where are you finding this info? Would love to track it myself.

Enjoyed Ellen. Garth was open about the divorce and Trisha... and he made Ellen sing, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by gbfansince3 View Post
    Wish I was on the west coast. Hope Garth comes to David Letterman or GMA. I go to school in NYC, so I can just hop a train and go to where ever. (I would skip class for Garth. lol).
    Due to Garth's long standing loyalty to Jay Leno he never goes on Letterman, so don't hold your breath on that one. GMA is always a possibility though...

In the USA, the best country in the world
    AGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!! (and phew! too!!)

My Leno taping didn't tape..

my Ellen Degeneres show DID tape...

Question.... (suppose I can ask )

anyone have a spare copy of the leno appearance? (singing and any talking- whole thing?)

PM me if able to help?

Scott
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Ecnad View Post
    Enjoyed Ellen. Garth was open about the divorce and Trisha... and he made Ellen sing, lol.
    All of the celebrity-blog postings about that interview were all about how he said he was in love with Trisha practically the whole of his first marriage, and finally gave up on the marriage to pursue her!

And that thing about "getting to know each other as people" after the divorce sounded a little weird, because in the past they've always said they considered themselves close as friends even before that.

I felt like the blogs and posters must have taken things out of context!

Plus, some of them got the facts wrong in other ways, like "Garth has been married to Trisha for 13 years..." no, more like 8.

+ Reply to Thread