+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "Shoulda Been a Single"

"Shoulda Been a Single"

Welcome to the new hit gameshow......Shoulda Been a Single...

Let's list some Garth songs that you think would have been a big hit at radio....

I'll start, RODEO OR MEXICO from Scarecrow! Just the feel of the song would have worked perfect on country radio and LIVE! There were quite a few from that album that I thought were awesome.

This game is easy for me. My favorite unreleased Garth song is: "Every Now and Then" from his "The Chase" album. We could up the ante and give our favorite unreleased song from each of his albums?

Garth Brooks-Everytime That It Rains
    No Fences-(All the good ones were released) This Ain't Tennessee
    Ropin' the Wind-Burning Bridges (Or In Lonesome Dove)
    The Chase-Every Now and Then
    In Pieces-The Red Strokes (for the US) The Cowboy Song
    Fresh Horses-(All the good ones were released)
    Sevens-When There's No One Around (Shouldn't have released Do What You Gotta Do and replaced it with I Don't Have to Wonder. The video to this song is great!)
    Chris Gaines-Main Street
    Scarecrow-Pushing Up Daisies (Shouldn't have released Why Ain't I Running and replaced it with Rodeo or Mexico.)
    The Lost Sessions-She Don't Care About Me AND You Can't Help Who You Love
    Double Live-Tearin' It Up (and Burnin' It Down)

I didn't include any special songs or the Christmas songs. Just songs off of Garth's albums only.

My least favorite Garth songs are In Pieces-Kickin' and Screamin' (Yikes) and Fresh Horses-Rollin' (double yikes).

I'm a huge Garth fan. I have the tattoo to prove it. I've met him, spoke with him, got my pic taken with him, and I have his autograph. I've seen him several times in concert, most recently on July 16th here in Oklahoma. Can't wait for Fall 2014. Let's fire em' up Garth!
    ~"Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tide."~
    ~"Blood is thicker than water, but love is thicker than blood."~
    -Garth Brooks

Lost Sessions I agree up to TLS- Alison Miranda just kills me, plus I know who Alison Miranda is; he told her she had a cool name and he'd probably use it!
    "Grace is when God gives us what we don't deserve and mercy is when God doesn't give us what we do deserve" - Dan Roberts

My choices are a little different

Garth Brooks: : Alabama Clay! I think I read in a book it was almost a single, but FILP was ready to explode!

No Fences: New way to fly!

Ropin the Wind: gotta be In Lonesome Dove

The Chase:; Night Rider's Lament

In Pieces: The Night I Called the Old Man Out

Fresh Horses: Cowboys and Angels!!!!!

Sevens: How You Ever Gonna Know...just a cool cool cool tune!

Scarecrow: Rodeo or Mexico......or Mr. Midnight, he sang this one in Vegas when I saw him, it was cool.

Lost Sessions: My Baby No Esta Aqui or Under the Table...

and I wish Midnight Sun was a bigger hit from Ultimate Hits...I think it was a single? But what an awesome song!!!

I agree BLL...Allison Miranda is a great song!

And Charles...Alabama Clay was a close second behind Everytime That It Rains. I heard Garth sing Alabama Clay in Vegas and he still knew the words. Awesome experience. And Midnight Sun was released as a single. I'll never know how country radio works. That song rocked.
    -Garth Brooks

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Under the table would've been a great choice... So would please operator... (IMO)
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

In the UK, praying there's intelligent life somewhere up in space
    It's a no-brainer from me - I plump for:

Sevens - You Move Me

I don't think I've ever listened to that song without getting goosebumps

Angela x
    Gyrrwch yn ofalus

"You Move Me" was released as a single. It's my sentimental favorite Garth song...I played it at my wedding 13 years ago.
    -Garth Brooks

Sorry for the interruption...but Angela! Where have you been???? It has been ages since I've seen you posting here.

Paula

Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

The Old Stuff and Rodeo or Mexico
    if you could see yourself the way that others do, you'd wish you were as beautiful as you

I heard him play Alabama Clay in Evansville way back in 1998. He prefaced the song by saying that one of his only regrets was that it was never released as a single.

Quote Originally Posted by LostSessions View Post
    "You Move Me" was released as a single. It's my sentimental favorite Garth song...I played it at my wedding 13 years ago.
    Yup! Peaked at #3 on the Billboard Country Charts.

Lets see here:
    From the debut: "Alabama Clay" because it tells about what really matters in life.
    From No Fences: "Same Old Story" - I like the emotion Garth puts in this one, especially he puts in the bridge, plus a good slow-dance song.
    From Ropin' the Wind - "We Bury The Hatchet," because he sang it on TIGB and I always liked the song.
    From The Chase: "Every Now and Then" - every one can relate to that one....there are people who come along in our lives, and some times they cross our mind no matter what kind of relationship we have with them. I was thinking about somebody I knew from high school the other night, and I hope she's doing well in Indiana with her new husband.
    From In Pieces: "The Red Strokes" - the video was awesome, and I think the song would have done well on the charts.
    From Fresh Horses: "The Old Stuff" - Other than Willie Nelson, I haven't heard any other country artist release a song about life on the road, especially one about what it was like before hitting the big time.
    From Sevens: I have two for this one, "I Don't Have to Wonder" because of the video, and "Cowboy Cadillac" because that song just rocks! Joe Diffie had "Pickup Man" but I like this rollicking tune, and it was awesome when he sang it on Ireland and Back.
    From the Limited Series (1998): "This Ain't Tennessee," because he sings the heck out of it and those high notes just knock me out.
    From Scarecrow: "Big Money," and "Rodeo or Mexico" - the latter should have definitely been released as a single, because people love the up-tempo side of Garth Brooks.
    From the Lost Sessions: too many to list.

He should have released so many songs he didn't. And he released many songs that shouldn't have been released.

I would have loved to see I Don't Have To Wonder and Anonymous as singles. I mean, they already had videos! I Don't Have To Wonder still remains as my favorite country song ever, so much love!

Don't Cross The River!!!, New Way To Fly, I Know One, For a Minute There!!!, That's The Way I Remember It!!!, How You Ever Gonna Know, That Old Wind, When There's No One Around... so many, so many <3

+ Reply to Thread