+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Garth on TMZ

Garth on TMZ

Seems like a crazy story

http://www.tmz.com/
    To keep harmony in your marriage,Keep in tune with Jesus Christ.

yeah forgetting about the fact that throughout the time frame of those movies happening: A Massive Four Year Tour was in the running and he had to turn everyone of em down due to Scheduling conflicts, matter of fact we actually had a news story on him turning down a movie at that same time frame.

Just saw that on TMZ. Crazy and hope it's not true. If he was that bad, why did she stay so long with him? Though I have thought we would have seen more from Red Strokes, maybe this is why.

Not to mention when he formed Red Strokes it was as an outlet for writing; in 20 years only 'Call Me Claus' and 'Unanswered Prayers' made it to the screen. She was supposed to be his Executive Office of Production; not much production then. Plus Red Strokes sued her a couple years ago for not repaying loans after the company went dormant.
    "Grace is when God gives us what we don't deserve and mercy is when God doesn't give us what we do deserve" - Dan Roberts

The suit also says that Brooks turned down a role in Steven Spielberg's Oscar-winning 1998 film Saving Private Ryan. "Brooks refused to accept the role, indicating that he wanted to be the star and was unwilling to share the limelight with the rest of the ensemble cast...Brooks further stated that although he idolized Tom Hanks, he did not believe anyone would ever want to see that movie," Sanderson alleges. But wait, it gets better.

"When Brooks rejected the role in Saving Private Ryan, Spielberg asked Brooks what role did he want to play and Brooks replied, "a bad guy." Spielberg then sent Brooks the script for the film Twister. Brooks also passed on that film, saying the star of the film was the tornado and Brooks wanted to be the star."
    Slight problem; Twister came out in 1996, Saving Private Ryan in 1998, so how could he turn down a role that had been made and released 2 years before? (source: http://www.idesigntimes.com/articles...a-yearwood.htm)
    "Grace is when God gives us what we don't deserve and mercy is when God doesn't give us what we do deserve" - Dan Roberts

Update:

1:45 PM PT -- A spokesperson for Red Strokes Entertainment Inc. has issued a statement on behalf of Brooks ... "Mr. Brooks, of course, denies everything in the lawsuit filed today by Lisa Sanderson. Mr. Brooks and Red Strokes Entertainment Inc. will continue to take the necessary steps toward resolving this matter through the legal system."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/page/3/#ixzz2Qf6Pak4Q
    Visit the TMZ Store: http://tmzstore.com

Looks to me like she just wants $$$$$

I just read the 16 page complaint and come on!!! She said that she worked for him for 20 years for a small salary and never got a raise. I know I wouldn't stand by and watch my boss/partner become that wealthy supposedly due in part because of me and not demand a little more. Really??!! Let me on the jury
    KIM

Also, If these allegations were true why did it take her so long to take it to court? Sound to me like she is in need of some money and thinks she knows where to get it!!

How can lawyers be so dumb? Did they think Garth would just settle out of court?

I hope the judge fines her and fines the lawyer that took her case.

The things people have to put up with, gotta feel sorry for Garth.

Im sure though this case will be thrown out before it even gets to trial.

+ Reply to Thread