+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2014- Tour w/ Trisha commences?

In the USA, the best country in the world

2014- Tour w/ Trisha commences?

Trisha Yearwood Reveals Goals for Garth Brooks Duet Album and Tour; Garth Announces Canadian Show

VectorTrisha Yearwood is currently in the studio working on a new solo album, and her long-awaited duets record with husband Garth Brooks may be on deck after that.

Garth has said that he and Trisha will probably hit the road again for a big tour in 2014. That's when the youngest daughter in their family heads off to college.

"That would be the time to release a duet album because if you're touring together and you can actually sing the songs together onstage, that would make the most sense," Trisha tells ABC News Radio.

In the meantime, fans can see Trisha making regular appearances onstage with Garth at his one-man show at the Wynn Las Vegas. This marks the first time the couple has worked together onstage for an extended period of time.

Trisha comes out towards the end of most shows, and she says, "I'm like shiny quarter, and people go crazy and it's fun. So, I get that little moment of getting to go out and shine, and then I'm done."

Trisha's glad that fans are really getting to see Garth's goofy side at the Wynn shows, but she admits she has to be quick with him.

"If I say something really funny, the next night he'll say it before I come out there," Trisha says. "Like, he just totally rips off my stuff."

Their onstage dynamic allows Trisha to realize a childhood dream though. She says, "It's kind of Sonny and Cher-like really, which I love because, you know, I've always wanted to be Cher anyway."

Garth's shows at the Wynn continue April 20 and 21.He's also announced a one-off show Thursday, July 12 at the 2012 Calgary Stampede festival at the Scotiabank Saddledome. This year is the Calgary Stampede's 100th anniversary.

Trisha Yearwood's new Food Network series, Trisha Yearwood's Kitchen, premieres April 14.

Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio

http://americancountrycountdown.com/...temid=29828310

Now THIS, if its accurate, would be great news!
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Just saw this announcement as well. Can't wait!

As exciting as Garth coming back is, I can't stand duets. I hope Garth has a good chunk of the show to himself the day I finally see him for the first time.
    if you could see yourself the way that others do, you'd wish you were as beautiful as you

Tearin' it up, I'm sure he will have most of the show to himself. However, I like Garth's duets - the ones with Trisha, Huey Lewis, Billy Joel, the late Chris LeDoux and Steve Wariner, the collaboration with The Possum on "Beer Run", KISS and Asleep at the Wheel backing him up on "Hard Luck Woman" and "Deep Water," respectively, the duet he sang with Don McLean on "American Pie" from Central Park, and lending his vocals to Jewel's version of "Someday Soon" on the USS Enterprise in 2001.

That being said, there are a few acts I would like to hear or see him sing with.
    Steven Tyler - I can see him and Garth singing The Fever together.
    Reba McEntire - a friend of his, and as he puts it "hands down, my favorite female artist in country music"
    Brad Paisley - can we get a GB/BP duet of Santa Looked a Lot Like Daddy on the Opry stage this December, Mr. Brooks?
    Lionel Richie - I'm surprised he didn't ask Garth to cut a duet of one of his classic hits. Nothing against who he picked, but half the people on that album he put out call Garth a major influence. Blake, Tim, Shania, and Rascal Flatts have all said nice things aout Garth.
    Carrie Underwood - another Okie whose voice is amazing, and you gotta remember, Garth inducted her into the Opry.
    George Strait - He may have turned down a duet with Garth a long time ago, but perhaps the King of Country may agree to one if Garth asked. I know it would mean a lot to him.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    I honestly dont' think he'll have 'most of the the show' to himself- if I had to wager, seeing as how they've said that it would be "Garth and trisha" going out on tour, you'd have most likely a lot of them together, duets, etc.. what I'd like to see would be Trisha and the opening act (give her her own set/full show), then 1/2hr to change what needs to be changed, then a full garth show- appearances by both in each other's acts for appropriate songs (walkaway joe, in another's eyes, etc...) longer show, but better IMO (kinda like elton john and billy joel, though without the tediousness of elton john)..
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

I would bet any amount of money that Trisha will not be the opening act like she did in KC.

+ Reply to Thread