+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Garth In the Country Music Hall of Fame!

Garth In the Country Music Hall of Fame!

Garth was nominated in his first year of eligibility! He, Connie Smith (well past due) and 'Pig' Robbins are this year's inductees!!
    "Grace is when God gives us what we don't deserve and mercy is when God doesn't give us what we do deserve" - Dan Roberts

Garth In the Country Music Hall of Fame!

This morning they announced the Inductees and you could listen live and chat during the program. I just knew this was going to be Garth's year and I am still teary form watching his acceptance speech. I will try to find a link to post for it to post here.
    I am so happy for Garth he so deserves this honor and I can't wait to go to Nashville to see his plaque there along side all the other Legends.
    December in Nashville with Garth makes for a Very Merry Christmas!!!

keep checking this link they have played the press conference a few times today

http://countrymusichalloffame.org/20...ess-conference

Wow the man has brought me to tears again.. he is so humble & grateful *sigh*

some articles about this honor
    http://blogs.tennessean.com/tunein/2...012-inductees/

http://www.cmt.com/news/country-musi...-of-fame.jhtml

This made my day...

I'll use Garth's own words, saying that I think it is very cool and very nice that the man from Yukon, Oklahoma is joining the Elite Class of Country Music! I am so happy for him. Anyone who says he doesn't deserve this can eat rotten apples for lunch. His music, as I have said many times, is the soundtrack of my life. If I'm having a long day, I just pop in one of his CDs and listen to Garth's rich voice, and my mood brightens instantly. He's the best entertainer I have ever seen, a great role model and a great person. From the first time I heard Friends in Low Places at the age of 4 to reading stories from fans on this very website about the Vegas shows, Garth will always be number one on my list.
    Last edited by Steven75407; 03-06-2012 at 10:23 PM.

Well, I would not understand if Garth was NOT inducted in CMHOF as soon as it was possible. He is the reason I ever started to listen to country music at all. So I consider him a very good advocate of the genre. And he's the best spokesman for other artists - I never would have gotten interested in Merle Haggard or George Jones and bought their records if Garth hadn't spoken so highly of them. And of course there's Garth the musician and recording artist. Superb!
    Tiina

+ Reply to Thread