+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 10 years ago today....

10 years ago today....

Since nobody has mentioned it, happy 10th anniversary to Garth and 'Scarecrow'.

Seems like just yesterday in some respects, in others it seems like forever ago. In honor of the day, I dug out the LA Coast to Coast concert to relive the coolest two days of my life, thanks GB

Michelle

I was listening to Scarecrow over the weekend. The Storm is probably my favorite song on the CD. Of course there is also Mr. Midnight !
    Heavenís not beyond the clouds, itís just beyond the fear. No, heavenís not beyond the clouds, itís for us to find it here.

The Storm is one of those songs that I liked, but didn't LOVE... Until one day I was listening to it while driving and I guess I was just in the right mood for it, and it just ripped my guts out! Now it is one of my favorites from Scarecrow. I also love Rodeo or Mexico. It would be a fun one to hear live.

Jody

I looove The Storm! Its one of those songs that just hits ya in a certain way! My second favorite song on that album would have to be Big Money. I love the story and his vocal range.

Emily
    Son, it ain't what you're driving Or the clothes that you wear Material possessions Won't matter up there And someday in heaven...When the angels all sing These rags that I'm wearin' Will be fit for a king...

I love the song The Storm
    'All the way to Tacoma, by then I hope you're out of my mind.'

I remember all the discussions we had here and/or #gbfan about Mr. Midnight, everyone kind of had a different idea about the last part "Imagine my surprise when she spoke my name, can you tell him that I love him and I wish things could be the same...when a voice I never knew said honey who you talkin' too?" Good times

Rodeo or Mexico would be fun to hear live. I love Don't Cross the River, just something about his voice on that one.

Why ain't I Running is definitely the most special for me. Every time I hear it, it takes me back to to the first time I heard it in. We went to Tower Records on Hollywood blvd. to buy it at midnight when it came out. I was soooo wound up, crazy excited & nervous that after ten long years, I was going to finally meet the man in just a matter of hours...I remember putting Scarecrow in the CD player, hitting play and just focusing on his voice and I instantly calmed down ..... ten years later that song still has the same calming effect on me, totally strange put pretty cool. definitely good times

Rodeo or Mexico has to be one of the most fun songs that was never a single. It is so much fun and would be a huge success live.
    He defies music boundaries... End of Debate.

Couldn't agree more. I also love "Big Money."

+ Reply to Thread