+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Garth on XM Radio ?

Garth on XM Radio ?

Wouldn't this be an awesome idea if Garth has his own channel on XM Radio? Jimmy Buffet has his own channel, so does Elvis, Bruce Springstein, Pearl Jam, Grateful Dead, Sinatra, and Oprah.
    The channel could include live recordings, interviews, specials, rare recordings, his influences, stories, and so much more.
    People would not forget this pivotal person who broke boundaries for all of country music.

It's a nice idea and all, but truthfully, Garth doesn't have that many songs! He's not one of those "album a year" artists. You could probably play all of his music in less than one day. Actually I know you can because I have done it!

Jimmy Buffett, Elvis, Grateful Dead, and Bruce Springsteen have way more songs and way more albums, thus I can see why they have their own stations.
    ~"Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tide."~
    ~"Blood is thicker than water, but love is thicker than blood."~
    -Garth Brooks

Gotta agree that he doesn't have enough songs. Plus, my iPod is already like a Garth Brooks station. =]

Have you listened to pop radio (and most country) public radio? Same 5 songs on repeat and they still do well...It could work, mixing live, studio, and background vocals he's done over the years

exactlly, the station could include interviews, live shows, songs: new, old, duets, background vocals, past radio shows , his influences, all garth and garth related all the time.

+ Reply to Thread