+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: September - November Shows

September - November Shows

Anyone headed to Vegas in the next two months?? I would love to live vicariously through someone!
    Heavenís not beyond the clouds, itís just beyond the fear. No, heavenís not beyond the clouds, itís for us to find it here.

Yep! I'll be at the October 22nd show. I need to look through these forums about picking up tickets, what to bring, dress code and such. Can't wait!
    ~"Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tide."~
    ~"Blood is thicker than water, but love is thicker than blood."~
    -Garth Brooks

No dress code to see Garth. I've seen just about everything. I suggest binoculars depending on your seats. I was in row W and wish I had them. I picked my tickets up around 1pm the day of the show. I know others have suggestions on where to enter to get your tickets if you're not staying there. Don't forget to post a review! It's been a while since I've been .

Thanks,
    Tracie
    Heavenís not beyond the clouds, itís just beyond the fear. No, heavenís not beyond the clouds, itís for us to find it here.

I'll be there Nov 4th.

I'll be there for the Oct.8th show.. I'm SO excited!!!
    Already trying to figure out what I'm going to wear! LOL

Anyone from the area able to help me out with what the weather is like in Vegas that time of year? I'm from Canada.. so.. not sure if it's still going to be lounging by the pool kinda weather or what?

I'll be ready to put up a full review when I get back!

Does anyone know if I can pick up the tickets the day before at the Wynn? We're arriving on the Friday and going to the show on the saturday..and we're not staying at the Wynn. So wasn't sure if I can pick them up Fri, or have to do it on the actual day of the concert? Just incase we're down near it on the Friday wanted to know if that was an option. Thanks

The last time I went, you could only pick them up on the day of the show. But that was a year ago, so things could have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by kstickwood View Post
    Does anyone know if I can pick up the tickets the day before at the Wynn? We're arriving on the Friday and going to the show on the saturday..and we're not staying at the Wynn. So wasn't sure if I can pick them up Fri, or have to do it on the actual day of the concert? Just incase we're down near it on the Friday wanted to know if that was an option. Thanks
    According to Ticketmaster's website on the page where you choose your tickets, "TICKETS MAY BE PICKED UP AT THE WYNN TICKET OFFICE AT ANY TIME AFTER PURCHASE HAS BEEN COMPLETED."

Paula

Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

Cant wait to read the reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by txgb_fan View Post
    No dress code to see Garth. I've seen just about everything. I suggest binoculars depending on your seats. I was in row W and wish I had them. I picked my tickets up around 1pm the day of the show. I know others have suggestions on where to enter to get your tickets if you're not staying there. Don't forget to post a review! It's been a while since I've been .

Thanks,
    Tracie
    Thanks Tracie for the feedback. This means I can wear one of my 30+Garth shirts! The only problem I see is deciding which one. And I will definitely post a review.
    -Garth Brooks

I got back yesterday from Vegas after going to the Sat. 10:30 pm Garth show. I want to start out by saying that I am extremely lucky to have this
    be the third show that I have seen. I live in the Phx area, so Vegas is just a hop, skip and a jump from me. Most people can't begin to understand why
    on earth I would ever spend the money to see the same show three times, but I have a feeling that my fellow PG'ers don't have that problem! My first
    2 shows were at the lower price, so I was attending with my husband and friends. This time, with the ticket price of $250+, I went to the show alone.
    My husband drove me to Vegas for a great fun weekend. We went to the box office and picked up my ticket, and he went to read a book until the show
    was over. While I was in line waiting to get into the show, I met another lady in front of me that asked me if I was going to the show alone too. She lived
    in Vegas and her husband bought her the ticket for her birthday. Her husband isn't a huge fan, so she went by herself. I'm sure there were others like us who
    love Garth and have understanding husbands (Garth widows as I call them).

The show started the same as others, with Gretchen Wilson's "All Jacked Up" playing loud and when it was over, Garth came on stage. He was wearing loose
    fitting carpenter jeans, a black denim shirt and black boots along with his Garth cap. The crowd went crazy and I noticed 3 women in the front row (just a
    few rows ahead of me) really going crazy. It made me smile and I thought "They are true Garth fans". Garth's show was pretty much the same as the others that I attended - he went through his musical history, telling stories and singing songs that influenced him while he was growing up. He has such a way of making it seem like it is the first time he has told the story. I love listening to him tell his stories and hearing the songs and would never get tired of them even if I went to every single show!

This was the first show that I went to with the higher priced tickets and I wondered if the crowd would be different from the other times when the real Garth fans were pretty much the whole crowd. And guess what? It was different from the crowd standpoint. Now, Garth, he was just the same if not better. He sang his heart out, he played with passion and gave his all. However, this time I just mouthed the words to the songs because if I had sung them as I did at the other shows, I would have been the only person around my area singing along. Sure, there were some songs that you could hear the crowd singing with, but really only a few vs. almost every single song at the other shows and when the crowd did participate, it wasn't at near the "sing along" volume level of my previous shows. The three ladies in the first row were swaying and clapping and really having a noticeably great time, but I did not notice anyone else in the first 10-15 rows that were. Toward the end of the show, Garth came over to our side of the stage and asked the three ladies their names and shook their hands. When he got to the last lady, he said, "I know you are the troublemaker, aren't you?". She told him yes and was thrilled to get to have him acknowledge that and shake her hand. Me, personally, I would have gotten a hug, but they didn't know what I do. Garth would have given them a hug in a heartbeat if they would have opened their arms instead of reaching for his hand. Anyway, the "troublemaker" lady told Garth that they had a sign. He asked what it said and she told him it said "Shameless". He apologized up front for his about to be performance and of course, it was a great! This was another example of how Garth watches the crowd and responds to people. It made their day to have him acknowledge them and I was real glad to see it too.

Trisha was not there as she had been for the previous shows that I attended. I really missed seeing her and the way Garth looks at her. You can really see how much he loves her when they are together. It's very special to see in person. Garth talked about Taylor going off to college last year and he winced when he said that he was going to be 50 in Feb. The show lasted over 2 hrs and this was the first show that I went to that he came back out for an encore. He sang a few more songs and the show ended. I remember leaving the auditorium thinking how fun it would be if Garth had one extra show one weekend with the lower ticket prices. I believe it would be back to the rowdy, sing along every song, crowd that I saw in the first two shows that I went to. How great would that be?!

So, overall, the show was great and Garth was the great entertainer that we all know and love. I guess I need to start saving up again so I can make it to at least one more show before the Vegas run is over. It is so great to see him in concert at the huge arenas where the whole place is alive with electricity, but it is equally as satisfying (if not more), seeing him up close and very personal like he is in Vegas. I'm the fan that if I had to choose one or the other, I would take both. OK, if I really had to choose, I would see him in Vegas. It is truly the most intimate fan experience you can imagine. It's been said here before, but it really is like being over at Garth's house for the evening. Price for a Vegas Garth ticket - $257. Price for the experience of seeing a Garth Vegas show - priceless!

Thanks for the review! It's really hard to believe that it will be going on a full year since Garth played Nashville. In the meantime, it's wonderful to hear he is still going strong in Vegas. Thanks again!

Ryan

Thanks so much for posting your review! I imagined myself sitting in the audience as I read it .

I'm the fan that if I had to choose one or the other, I would take both. OK, if I really had to choose, I would see him in Vegas. It is truly the most intimate fan experience you can imagine. It's been said here before, but it really is like being over at Garth's house for the evening.
    I totally agree! I think it's a much more intimate setting. I haven't been since the price increase and read a few reviews that didn't include interacting with the audience. I think that is the best part of the show. Trisha's mom has been sick so I think she's staying with her mom. I know this isn't the first show she has missed.

Thanks again!
    Tracie

Ryan, It IS hard to believe it has almost been a year since Nashville! I went to 2 of the shows and it was the first time my son in law ever saw Garth perform live. My niece was there too and she hadn't seen Garth since she was a teenager (she's 31 now). We had floor seats and everyone just loved the show. I wish every Garth fan could see his Vegas show too. Garth never disappoints.

Tracie, I'm glad I could put you back in the audience....it is a wonderful place to be. The price increase is a tough pill to swallow and it took me a long time before I could rationalize paying the price....as if being "rational" has anything to do with it. lol I just know that there is a very special thing that happens (for me personally) when I see Garth in person and hear him sing. I have traveled to KC, LA, & Nashville to see his concerts and loved every minute of every show. Most people don't "get it" and that's OK. I just tell them - It's a Garth thing, you wouldn't understand!

Lori

Most people don't "get it" and that's OK. I just tell them - It's a Garth thing, you wouldn't understand!
    Same with me! At least my family does get it. I also can't believe it's been almost a year since Nashville. I went to two of those shows. It was cheaper to see those, including hotel and airfare than it was to see G in Vegas. He knows how to entertain no matter the venue. I'm planning a Vegas trip in February or March. That will be my two year anniversary .

Cool

Same with me! At least my family does get it. I also can't believe it's been almost a year since Nashville. I went to two of those shows. It was cheaper to see those, including hotel and airfare than it was to see G in Vegas. He knows how to entertain no matter the venue. I'm planning a Vegas trip in February or March. That will be my two year anniversary .
    And I'm planning my honeymoon around the "Unforgettable Garth" package at the Wynn.

Yep...I'm getting married, ya'll! My boyfriend of 12 years proposed on my mom's birthday. We're a long distance relationship that has, at times, been complicated (not in a way too different from Garth / Miss Yearwood's trials and tribulations, but not saying more about that) but we're finally where we want to be.

The first time he visited me in NY was the week In The Life of Chris Gaines was released, so that became our album and when I walk down the aisle next spring, "Lost in You" will be playing (that title will also be engraved in our wedding bands).

Over the past 4 years or so, through serendipitous meetings, GB has been generous with advice to me and to us as a couple. His words gave me hope when I was losing mine.

My fiance and I can't think of a better way to celebrate our long awaited union than seeing GB together.

For us...it was a no brainer for a honeymoon destination-package. Now that sweet cowboy needs to announce his April / May dates so I can send out invitations! ;-)

Miss *soon to be MRS.* Lizzy
    "Time is a friend to all things good."

Thanks for the review!

LOL Lizzy! I meant seeing Garth in February or March will be my two year anniversary at the Wynn seeing Garth. Sorry! It sounds like you have some wonderful plans. It's nice that Garth was able to share his wisdom with you. I do believe your wedding will be an awesome experience ! Congratulations!

Tracie

Thanks for your review Lori. Some other Garthnutts were celebrating their birthdays at the shows this past weekend; there were at least two and maybe three. I wonder if those were the three ladies you saw.

Lizzy, ConGARTHulations to you and Mr. Lizzy. What an awesome way to spend your honeymoon.

Paula

Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

Lori, Thanks for the review - we have missed them. I know I have. Luckily, I'll be seeing Garth October 21st and 22nd...

And Lizzy - Congrats! What a lovely wedding song you'll have
    Tiina

Quote Originally Posted by Tiina4GB View Post
    Lori, Thanks for the review - we have missed them. I know I have. Luckily, I'll be seeing Garth October 21st and 22nd...
    I'll see you at the October 22nd Garth show! The 10:30 p.m. one that is...
    -Garth Brooks

I'll see you at the October 22nd Garth show! The 10:30 p.m. one that is...
    How cool! I hope you guys get a chance to say hi. It's always nice to meet fellow G fans. I met Tiina in Nashville. I can't wait to hear all about the shows! Have fun!

Tracie

Thanks for the wedding well wishes, ya'll...

Found my wedding dress today. It is perfect.

Now just waiting for the on sale for the spring shows (I'm praying his April shows are the 20-21st - that would be PERFECT)...

Miss Lizzy
    "Time is a friend to all things good."

I'll be heading to Vegas today! Lori, I'll be sitting in seat B103 (front row, how happy I am...) if you want to meet and greet Oct 22
    Tiina

Had front row center back in March.......oh what a view Enjoy the show, and don't forget to post all the wonderful details when you come back to earth.

Michelle

I would LOVE to hear about last weekend's shows! I know two of you Garth fans were there! Please post a review when you can .

Tracie

I would LOVE to hear about last weekend's shows! I know two of you Garth fans were there! Please post a review when you can .

Tracie
    I second that! .....With a cherry on top?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiina4GB View Post
    I'll be heading to Vegas today! Lori, I'll be sitting in seat B103 (front row, how happy I am...) if you want to meet and greet Oct 22
    I had the same seat for the 8pm show on the 22nd. And what a veiw. I think Garth must have stood directly in front of me for 90% of the show. It was heaven. Did you notice how he put the guitar picks in his mouth? I saw him do that a few times. It was my birthday and I had made a small sign saying so. During Friends in Low Places I held up the sign at chest level. He did not seem to notice it. At the end of the show he and Trisha were leaving the stage and some one stuck out their hand and Garth shook it. He made his way back toward me and shook my hand and looked me straight in the eye and wished me happy birthday. That really made me day!

At the 10:30 show I was on the sixth row over on the side. It was a great show and he had the house lights turned up so people could ask questions and make requests. He did not do that at the 8pm show nor on Friday at the 10:30 show. Yes, I went to three shows. If I am going to spend the money to get there from Houston, Texas, then I am going to see my man. I still miss the knee swivel with Shameless...if you ladies know what I mean...LOL.

All in all it was a very memorable weekend. The Encore Theater staff were not very customer service friendly and made sure to say so in my survey. They can do the same job and smile, say please, and thank you. I have worked in the sports/entertainment field for 20 years where we have crowds of 20,000 to 60,000 at one event. We manage to put on a smile and be civil. You would think those guys in the jackets could be a little more human.

Oh, did I mentioned Garth shook my hand and told me happy birthday...LOL Sure I did but I just had to say it again.

My Review

My husband and I attended the October 22nd 10:30 p.m. show. A guy from Quebec sat by us and spoke broken English, but we both figured out through gesturing and pointing and singing that we are Garth soul mates! (My husband was ok with that, lol). I only got to take pictures of the stage and Garth's guitar. I dared not to even try and snap one during the concert. I didn't want to get kicked out!
    Garth came out in jeans, a button down black shirt short sleeves, and of course his black baseball cap. Garth is quite the comedian! I never knew he was so funny. He did the timeline where his musical influences started from when he was a kid due to his older brother's bringing music into the house that their dad didn't too much like, all the way to present. Throughout most of the night, Garth talked most about his parents.
    The show started around 10:45ish (I think) and ended at 12:40 a.m. I know because I wrote it down!
    What else can I say that hasn't already been said? It was an AMAZING show, and Trisha was there and they sang two songs together. Garth didn't sing any one song all the way through; only snippets of songs. Some songs he only sang a few words to. I did write down the set list for the night, so if you want it, PM me. Keep in mind, I didn't write down the songs where he only sang one verse...I was trying to concentrate on the G man playing and not on writing down everything. I will say that he did sing "Alabama Clay" and explained that he really wanted to release that song as a single, but instead, they pushed "The Dance" and went to his next album release, "No Fences."
    Garth did take requests and questions from the audience. Some of the questions were obviously from people who do not follow Garth like we do here on the Planet. I was bewildered at the people who said they just were in town and bought tickets, or someone bought tickets for them since they were in Vegas. I would have requested my favorite unreleased to radio song, "Every Now and Then" or "The Change" since Garth and I both have that Oklahoma tie and were affected by the OKC bombing back in '95. I wanted him to call on me since the ONLY reason I was in Vegas was to see Garth. Lots of people were dressed to the nine's. I saw only a few people dressed in jeans and a Garth shirt (I was one of them). Even during our stay in Vegas, when asked the question by others why we were "in town" we told them we are going to see Garth Brooks in concert, they replied like they didn't know who that was. Even when we took the bus to the concert, the bus driver dropped us off in front of the Encore and Wynn and I screamed "Garth!" and the bus driver actually got on the CB and said, "For the rest of you on the bus...Garth sings country music." Wow.
    I also left with a circle G logo tattoo on my left forearm before I left Vegas Tuesday. No regrets. Worth every penny. Something I can mark off my bucket list. Just Garth, his stories, and his guitar...
    -Garth Brooks

During Friends in Low Places I held up the sign at chest level. He did not seem to notice it. At the end of the show he and Trisha were leaving the stage and some one stuck out their hand and Garth shook it. He made his way back toward me and shook my hand and looked me straight in the eye and wished me happy birthday. That really made me day!
    I'm so happy for you! This shows that Garth doesn't miss a thing. I swear he has an Eagle Eye! Thanks so much for the review!

Yes, I went to three shows. If I am going to spend the money to get there from Houston, Texas, then I am going to see my man. I still miss the knee swivel with Shameless...if you ladies know what I mean...LOL.
    I definitely know what you mean ! I'm also from Houston and saw three shows when I was there Valentine's Day weekend 2010.

I was bewildered at the people who said they just were in town and bought tickets, or someone bought tickets for them since they were in Vegas. I would have requested my favorite unreleased to radio song
    This is crazy! I definitely would've asked for a song and a hug! I'm glad to hear he took the time to interact with the audience. I haven't read about him doing this recently. Thanks for your review!

Tracie

+ Reply to Thread