+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Show #4 - 7:30pm Sunday Show Discussion

Griffin- thanks so very much for the photos, they are awesome!!!
    "Grace is when God gives us what we don't deserve and mercy is when God doesn't give us what we do deserve" - Dan Roberts

Wow! This is looking like what I used to see on here back in the 1990's when I never had a chance to see him live. I'm at the last two nights' 6 p.m. shows so I bet since it's the last ones they'll be even better. This is unreal everything I'm hearing and vids posted here and there, it's like he's back with a vengeance man. I'm surprised I still haven't seen "Fever" in there b/c that used to be a big shtick he had with Jimmy Mattingly, at least on the Central Park and Ireland concerts. Maybe he's too old to do that one anymore, haha, dunno, but I loved the time I saw him pouring those water bottles on Jimmy from behind after everything came in with the fiddle. Honestly sinc ehe hasn't done it yet I'm gonna' make a sign for "What She's Doing Now." Would have liked to heard "When You Come Back to Me" too but since he's done it twice already I really doubt he will do it again. But I love it, he's back to improvising and changing the sets a little bit. That means he is INTO it and I just know in my gut that if he is into it like all the old concerts I've seen video of or read about . . . it will be awesome beyond belief.

So glad he is doing "Much Too Young" - I first heard that on the Central Park show, and he was almost apologetic about playing it and said it was just a sentimental favorite and I was like, wow, that's actually really awesome for a first single. And it sounds way better when it's him starting it out acoustically like that, than on the radio version/CD version I heard later on.

And "Turn the Page" . . . I've never heard Garth's version (would love to) but always loved Seger's and actually Metallica covered it a few years ago and I thought they really nailed it. GB seems to improve most songs he covers so man that must have been great, had actually forgotten but he used to do that pretty often when he was touring, I would read about it on here. It's funny, I was actually backwards, a lot of people say they never listened to country before Garth, but I listened to country for a while and heard his songs and didn't know who he was, and he actually was the reason I started listening to rock music and just a variety of stuff because he seemed to integrate so many influences. I loved the look in his eyes on the concert where he did "You May Be Right" by Billy Joel. He really did look like a "lunatic", and I loved that about him. Oh also Alabama Clay, awesome that he did that . . . I'm from Alabama and obviously he would have sung that if he came here (he did come here but I didn't know his music at all then, just kept hearing the name on the news now and again). There is actually a really old clip of him doing this song when his first album was out, and it was in Indiana for some farmer's thing. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClkUhmMdTnk) I thought it was pretty cool, he was pretty energetic even then before he was known for being theatrical and stuff. Oh well I'll quit I'm just too excited about this stuff, it's kinda' unbelievable.
    Last edited by MattG; 12-20-2010 at 11:05 AM. Reason: spelling error, embarrassing

My photos

Here are my pics from Sunday night. I was in section 205. I was using a T2i DSLR with a 28-105 lens (and a 50 1.8 lens for a couple shots). For being as far away as I was, I think they turned out well.

Also, the concert lived up to and blew all expections out of the water. It was my first live Garth concert (I could never convince my parents to take me when he was touring). My kids (3 and 6) also enjoyed themselves.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/the-bak...57625514981043

so they let you take a pro camera in?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by staton View Post
    so they let you take a pro camera in?!?!
    Yes. I didn't have any bags, so I just walked pass the bag check with it around my neck (I didn't try to conceal it). I had the 50 1.8 attached at the time, so it didn't stick out.

i might try to do that wednesday night...its worth a shot..im on the floor, so i figure itll be so crowded no one can tell

ohmygosh - "Wrong Side of Memphis" is one my absolute favorite songs!! Hope she pulls it out on Wednesday night, too!

AND "Turn The Page" - incredible!

I think I'm going to make a sign for "Face to Face" or "Keep Your Hands to Yourself" ...

so excited! thanks again everyone for all the updates.

Garth was incredible. This show was just like Garth had never left. Noone wanted the show to end!
    One of the best shows I have ever seen Garth do. The other was the Friday 10:00 show in LA.

-Monica

I was at this show, too! Made my day that he sang Please Come to Boston I was behind the stage, three rows back and they had absolutely no problems with my Canon Rebel with a 80-300mm zoom lens! When they checked my bag they said nothing and I was never bothered once by security during the show...and I took over 2,000 photos so they definitely had their chance to say something--lol. I'll try to go through my photos tomorrow and pick out the best of the best and I'll post a link here once they are up

He was absolutely amazing!!! My family and I had a great time. This was the greatest Christmas present I ever got. Thank you Mr Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by txgb_fan View Post
    Samantha, was that you on the screen singing every word to Which One of Them? The crowd was crazy and Garth fed off of that. Not sure if it was mentioned that Trisha sang Wrong Side of Memphis. I thought she did an awesome job and was SO glad to hear something ęnewĽ from her.
    That was definitely me! Haha. Sooo happy he sang it. I was almost in tears. I was so grateful that he stayed facing me for the entire song. So sweet of him!
    -Samantha

I attended this concert. This is my 5-6 (can't remember) Garth concert. I have been fortunate enough that my parents are in the music business and now so am I and I have been able to meet Garth 2 times when I was younger and attend concerts. This is my first concert since 98-99 or so. It was great to see him again! Im in my late 20's now so I enjoyed these concerts a lot more than when I was younger. We sat right beside the stage a few rows back and had great seats. Garth has still got it in my opinion. He did more running around, jumping, moving, etc than my 28 year old husband! Haha! I could tell by the end that he was beginning to get very worn out.

I was sitting right beside the area where they were going in and out to the stage. Before the concert started - Charles Kelly from Lady Antebellum was hanging out down there. Don't know if anyone noticed that.

My highlights:

Loved when Steve sang with Garth - thought it was funny when they changed each others guitars Garth said "if I wear this guitar my wife will sleep with me tonight" or something to that effect.

Baton Rouge - one of my favs

Unaswered prayers - entire audience was singing louder than he was it seemed

of course The Dance

Loved all the encore songs - I love the song Wolves and I think Stephanie Davis has a beautiful voice so it was very very nice.

This was a great night - the crowd was loud and into it from start to finish.

Awesome awesome concert and night. Here's hoping for something else like this in the near future.

I've got pictures - will upload them when I get a chance and share the link.

Here are some pics from Sunday's show. I am not experienced at posting pics so we'll see if this works.
    Ryan
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/57146631@N03/

Oops, the pics of Sunday's show are at the end.

Your photos from both night are awesome, thanks so very much for sharing.
    "Grace is when God gives us what we don't deserve and mercy is when God doesn't give us what we do deserve" - Dan Roberts

Griffith, thanks so much for the pics and updates! You're awesome! I'm so glad you are there!
    Heavenís not beyond the clouds, itís just beyond the fear. No, heavenís not beyond the clouds, itís for us to find it here.

Finally got my photos up at Picasa...had to change memory cards towards the end of the show so there's a seperate album for those photos

http://picasaweb.google.com/GriggsFa...eat=directlink
    http://picasaweb.google.com/GriggsFa...eat=directlink

Thanks to all who submitted their photos!
    Heavenís not beyond the clouds, itís just beyond the fear. No, heavenís not beyond the clouds, itís for us to find it here.

This was the best Christmas present ever. It was a tough year that ended with some happiness. We took two people who have never been to a Garth concert and they both were blown away. They said they have never seen anything like this before. They are officially Garth addicts now. I glad I took them. Thank you Mr Brooks for a fabulous time.

I was at this show! When I was a kid, my mom took me to all his concerts in the 90's and I had been dying to go back ever since. I was over the moon when we actually got tickets. My boyfriend drove all the way from Houston to Nashville for the show and had a freaking blast! He had never been to a Garth Brooks concert, and I was so glad to get to show him what it's like to see a real performer. I didn't want the show to end.

I LOVED the encore! I've had "Alabama Clay" on repeat since we got home!

Hello Samantha Dear, I hope you're feeling fine! Sorry, but I couldn't resist with your username . I'm from Houston and can appreciate the drive he made. I flew and it was a two hour flight. I can't even imagine the drive. Garth was really in his element. I'm glad you were able to convince your boyfriennd to make the drive. And welcome to PG!

Tracie

Thanks txgb_fan! We both live in Houston and we instantly started making plans for the trip to Nashville once we heard. We made a mini vacation out of it and spent a few days before the concert in Memphis (we're also big Elvis fans!) before we headed over to Nashville the night of the show. The show was so perfect, the only thing that could have made it better was if we had gotten tickets to other shows! (Also, the section we sat in was very low key. We were the only ones standing and singing along to every song. I think the people next to us must have been annoyed, but I didn't care. I hadn't seen Garth in over 10 years and I wasn't missing a moment of it for anything.

Sorry, I misunderstood your original post and thought just your boyfriend drove. It's really nice to have a fellow Houstonian here! I actually live on the south side, near NASA.

That is really cool that you made a vacation out of it! You could pretty much get tickets to each show once you were there. I'm not sure if you tried or not, but stub hub had them for really cheap. But I guess it doesn't matter now .

I hadn't seen Garth in over 10 years and I wasn't missing a moment of it for anything.
    I totally understand! If people were annoyed they had no business being at a Garth concert! When Garth comes back to Houston, we'll have to gather the PG fans in our area together.

Tracie

Don't forget me, I'm a Houstonian as well. I can SO see him selling out Reliant Stadium in 2015. Eat your heart out, Kenny Chesney.

Steven, I don't like the acoustics at Reliant. I prefer Minute Maid, but it seems they quit using Minute Maid for concerts. I REALLY like the Woodland's Pavillion, but it won't hold enough Garth fans. Garth would sell out 20 plus shows there easily!

+ Reply to Thread