+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Show #2 - 10pm Thursday Show Discussion

Hybrid View

Show #2 - 10pm Thursday Show Discussion

Here's the place to talk about, and share all the details with everyone who couldn't attend, this show. Links to any pictures you are able to capture are also welcome.

Paula

Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

I will update via twitter from this show with hash tag #garth

By the looks of Twitter, he just started this show (approx. an hour after it was scheduled to begin, I believe?)--again with "Rodeo".

Who were the special guests? And who was in the band? Was Jimmy there?

Synopsis of the show...

WARNING*** I am going to give away the entrance.... if you do not want to know, do not ready any further.....

The show started similar to the show back in 98. THe lights lowering, band comes out.... except this time, this huge mirrored box comes out the stage, and then lowers and garth is standing there as Rodeo starts

Set list...

Rodeo
    Papa Loved Mamma
    Two of a Kind Working On a Full House
    I am Much Too Young To Feel This Damned Old
    Shameless
    Unanswered Prayers
    We Shall Be Free
    The Thunder Rolls
    The Beaches of Cheyenne
    Steve Werner comes out for Long Necked Bottle
    Callin Baton Rouge
    The River
    That Summer
    Trisha comes out as Garth starts In Another's Eyes
    Garth asks Trisha to sing her own She's In Love With The Boy
    Friends In Low Places
    The Dance
    Encore - Ain't Goin Down Til the Sun Comes Up

Jimmy was there, so was Mike Palmer, David Gant, Mark Greenwood, 2 of his 3 original back up singers (3rd was a small Blonde named Rochelle)....

It was a little bit of a cluster trying to get one crowd to leave and get the other in there. But it was unbelieveable to see Garth and the band together again. I still have goosebumps from getting in the press conference and getting to talk to him, and now the concert.... it was worth every minute of the 9 hour drive and then some.

I met some wonderful women at the hotel that were also PG members, but I forgot their names. They were super sweet!

I could not help but shed a few tears during The Dance (I can be a softie at times), it always hits home about living being thankful for our whole life, that is what got us to where we are right now. And I am thankful for every bit of where I am in my life, especially to see Garth in person and share this trip and concert with my wife!

Thanks Garth, this is a trip I will always cherish!

Setlist

The 2nd show was slightly shorter than the first. It was 90 minutes on the nose. However, I thought it was much better than the first show. Sound was better and the band seemed tighter. Also think Garth actually had more energy. Here is the setlist:

Garth Brooks Ė 12/16/2010 Ė 10 PM
    1. Rodeo
    2. Papa Loved Mama
    3. Two of a Kind
    4. Much Too Young
    5. Shameless
    6. Unanswered Prayers
    7. We Shall Be Free
    8. The Thunder Rolls
    9. Beaches of Cheyenne
    10. Longneck Bottle (w/ Steve Wariner)
    11. Calliní Baton Rouge
    12. The River
    13. That Summer
    14. In Anotherís Eyes (w/ Trisha Yearwood)
    15. Sheís In Love With The Boy (Trisha Yearwood)
    16. Friends In Low Places
    17. The Dance
    18. Ainít Goiní Down

Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    The 2nd show was slightly shorter than the first. It was 90 minutes on the nose. However, I thought it was much better than the first show. Sound was better and the band seemed tighter. Also think Garth actually had more energy. Here is the setlist:

Garth Brooks – 12/16/2010 – 10 PM
    1. Rodeo
    2. Papa Loved Mama
    3. Two of a Kind
    4. Much Too Young
    5. Shameless
    6. Unanswered Prayers
    7. We Shall Be Free
    8. The Thunder Rolls
    9. Beaches of Cheyenne
    10. Longneck Bottle (w/ Steve Wariner)
    11. Callin’ Baton Rouge
    12. The River
    13. That Summer
    14. In Another’s Eyes (w/ Trisha Yearwood)
    15. She’s In Love With The Boy (Trisha Yearwood)
    16. Friends In Low Places
    17. The Dance
    18. Ain’t Goin’ Down

Sounds like a great show... but again, Garth seems terrified to play anything post Sevens. Scarecrow & The Lost Sessions have some amazing songs that really could (and should) become live staples... but alas...

Quote Originally Posted by weathermanfsu View Post

I met some wonderful women at the hotel that were also PG members, but I forgot their names. They were super sweet!
    Aw sucks!

(If ya thought the late show was good, ya shoulda come to the 1st show with us.
    Last edited by PJ; 12-17-2010 at 02:26 PM.

The show was wonderful and I loved every minute of it!!!! We sat behind the stage in about the fifth row up - the rear view was quite nice (if you know what I mean). Trisha looked great and is one lucky woman! Staying at the Hilton was a great choice -- no parking issues just a short walk across the street. They have Garth Nashville "rescue party" t-shirts and hoodies as well as Nashville G ball caps. I hope everyone who will be coming to the remaining shows has as great a time as we did!!

Great reviews guys, i wonder if he will change teh set lists as the shows go on?

Bruuuuuuuuuce was also there. And Johnny Garcia.

The clips I have seen on the internet filmed by some very naughty people, look great!!!!!!

When the crowd roars for The Man, its loud from any seat. But I always wondered what it must sound like from the stage where its coming at you from all sides... I had 2nd row behind the stage seats last night, and got to find out! lol It made me dizzy!
    A few observations from my unique view:
    Garth was pooped by the 2nd show! You could see it in his eyes. During Trisha's part of IAE he turned and looked at Mike Palmer and made one of those "I'm so exhaused" faces.
    Stillwater is so much fun to watch! Particularly Jimmy and Mike. At the ending of one song, Mike went to jump up off his stool and knocked it over, and I think he just about fell with it. Garth got a good laugh out of that one...
    During Ain't Goin Down, Garth grabbed Jimmy by the back of the pants and gave a nice lift. Kind of a jeans wedgie. lol
    I *think* one of Garth's girls may have been the confetti cannon operator closest to me. With the one piece crew jumpsuit and a ballcap on, I'm not positive.
    I'll post some pics later. Got a lot of fuzzy ones. I had trouble breathing when Garth was near, let alone operating a camera! lol

Garth actually fell coming back on stage for the encore during the first show... he rolled right over and played it off... pretty sweet. Both shows were amazing last night. Wish I could go to all 9.

Quote Originally Posted by rock815 View Post
    Garth actually fell coming back on stage for the encore during the first show... he rolled right over and played it off...
    It was a Ninja roll! lol That was pretty funny...
    Here are a few pics from show #2:

Quote Originally Posted by GarthFanIU View Post
    It was a Ninja roll! lol That was pretty funny...
    Here are a few pics from show #2
    LOL @ Ninja roll, I noticed him checking out his hands a few times afterwards.

Where were your seats? Looks like we may have sat in the same exact ones, or area, on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by TJsgotGBfever View Post
    Where were your seats? Looks like we may have sat in the same exact ones, or area, on Friday.
    Thursday late show I was sect 111, row HH, seat 11

Just got these pics up
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tjsgotg...7625631197874/

I was section 5 row 2 on the floor, actual 4th row, center stage

Wow!! Were you on the stage?!

Trying to add pics, but I can't figure out how to get it done.

Try this public link to my facebook album. More pics to come later.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...8&l=0c1e82a7c4
    Last edited by EveryNow&Then; 12-17-2010 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EveryNow&Then View Post
    Trying to add pics, but I can't figure out how to get it done.

Try this public link to my facebook album. More pics to come later.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...8&l=0c1e82a7c4
    Your photos are amazing!! Thanks for sharing!! What kind of camera did you have? Were you using zoom or were you that close? I flew out of Midland today heading toward Nashville by way of OKC!!!

Quote Originally Posted by txtknogk View Post
    Your photos are amazing!! Thanks for sharing!! What kind of camera did you have? Were you using zoom or were you that close? I flew out of Midland today heading toward Nashville by way of OKC!!!
    We have a Canon Powershot SX20 IS. It is a bulky Point and Shoot that looks a bit like a DSLR, but the lens is not detachable. It is a 12.1 megapixel with 20x optical zoom. Most of my pictureswere on zoom. They were taken in ISO 3200 mode fo low light conditions. I'm happy to share, hope everyone enjoys. More pis to come.

Quote Originally Posted by EveryNow&Then View Post
    We have a Canon Powershot SX20 IS. It is a bulky Point and Shoot that looks a bit like a DSLR, but the lens is not detachable. It is a 12.1 megapixel with 20x optical zoom. Most of my pictureswere on zoom. They were taken in ISO 3200 mode fo low light conditions. I'm happy to share, hope everyone enjoys. More pis to come.
    This makes me feel good that my old camera will be allowed to get in (pic at http://store.kodak.com/store/ekconsu...ctID.146554900). Did you have to conceal yours or anything? Or did they care? I just want to make sure I won't need to worry! Thanks!!

The last photo in the album was definitely my fav, quite proud of that one. I will post more later. Tons of photos.

General thoughts on both the concert, good stuff as always, despite a few technical difficulties. Shameless was as sharp as I've seen it post-retirement. Garth, have you been praticing?!?! Shameless was probably the highligt for me. I am suprised that we aren't seeing much in the way of encores, but Garth is obviously exhausted. Hopefull tonight with only one show he will have a longer set in him.

Kate

Thank you all for the reviews and pics! Can't wait to get there Sunday
    Heavenís not beyond the clouds, itís just beyond the fear. No, heavenís not beyond the clouds, itís for us to find it here.

I think last nights shows will be the shortest (hopefully). He had to fly home to oklahoma last night because his girls had one more day of school today. But now they they are out for Christmas he won't be having to go home and won't be on such a time crunch.
    Last edited by ErinRae; 12-17-2010 at 03:25 PM.

Did anyone buy any merchandise while they were there? Were the lines really long for buying things? My concern is going to the 2nd show on Tuesday and don't know when I will possibly have time to buy a shirt.

They started setting up the merchandise booths around 3 PM and folks were stopping at the one along 5th/Broadway to get shirts, etc. way before anyone was lined up to go in for the concerts.

+ Reply to Thread