+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Press Conference on December 16 at Bridgestone

Press Conference on December 16 at Bridgestone

Garth will be doing a press conference on Thursday (from http://www.nashville.com/music/2010/12/garth-brooks-gearing-up-for-flood-relief-concerts/).

Garth Brooks will hold a press conference on Thursday, December 16 at 3 PM local time at Nashville’s Bridgestone Arena where he will soon play nine concerts for flood relief.
    I don't know if this will be open to the public, but if anyone is in the area, you might want to check it out.

Paula

Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

Thanks for the info Paula! I am headed down on Tuesday and will definitely check it out! Fingers crossed
    KIM

Is anyone going to try to get to this?

Paula

Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

Not local, but I just realized this is tomorrow... woo! Can't wait to hear about it.

I am going to try

We are getting in from Florida around 1 tomorrow and I will try to get over there for this, but I will bet it is for credentialled media only. Can I get a media pass from planet garth??

My husband and I will be there. Question is will they let us in?
    KIM

I'm going to TRY

It should be going right now, right? Can't wait to hear about it... I'm getting excited for my show on Monday!

It's so weird I can't find mention of it anywhere else. I can't believe the local news stations aren't covering it.

I found this reporter on Twitter... tweeting info about the press conf:

http://twitter.com/brian_mansfield

I didn't have any luck getting into the press conference. Anyone else?
    KIM

Thanks for the twitter link. I'm very intrigued by the lighting rig concept.

weatermanfsu reported on twitter that he made it to the press conference and that he got to ask Garth a question about what it means to him with us coming from so far away. He says it means soooo much and he said to please tell all at Planet Garth thanks so much!

Is that so? How coolio!

Last edited by BLL; 12-16-2010 at 06:51 PM.
    "Grace is when God gives us what we don't deserve and mercy is when God doesn't give us what we do deserve" - Dan Roberts

Crap, can an admin fix the last two links? I have an extra http in front....
    "Grace is when God gives us what we don't deserve and mercy is when God doesn't give us what we do deserve" - Dan Roberts

I was there!

I was there! They originally were not going to let me and my wife in since they wanted press credentials. But I told them I was from Planet Garth and they were like hold on. A woman went and asked Garth's staff and they said they love Planet Garth and let us in! We have a lot of video and pics, but I will have to upload those tonight after the show, since my wife is dragging me around.... so sorry for the delay.

I did manage to ask him a question about what it means to see our roll call listeing people from so far away coming all the way for this.... he said it was awesome on many fronts, as a performer he was humbled, and as someone who is trying to raise money for this town to come back, he was over joyed. I will post more later, but I can not express my excitement, actually getting to talk to him and converse with him. It hard not to just bust out in tears of joy at a supr cool moment in my life!

More coming, with video and pics!

Quote Originally Posted by weathermanfsu View Post
    I was there! They originally were not going to let me and my wife in since they wanted press credentials. But I told them I was from Planet Garth and they were like hold on. A woman went and asked Garth's staff and they said they love Planet Garth and let us in! We have a lot of video and pics, but I will have to upload those tonight after the show, since my wife is dragging me around.... so sorry for the delay.

I did manage to ask him a question about what it means to see our roll call listeing people from so far away coming all the way for this.... he said it was awesome on many fronts, as a performer he was humbled, and as someone who is trying to raise money for this town to come back, he was over joyed. I will post more later, but I can not express my excitement, actually getting to talk to him and converse with him. It hard not to just bust out in tears of joy at a supr cool moment in my life!

More coming, with video and pics!
    How awesome that must have been. Congratulations on getting in and thanks for reporting back.

That is so awesome!
    There will always be a light on for you.

That is SO cool. Can't wait to hear additional details and, of course, the video and pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Paula

Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by BLL View Post
    Crap, can an admin fix the last two links? I have an extra http in front....
    Done...thanks for the links.

I couldn't get the second link to work, but I went to the wkrn.com website and did a search and came up with another link that might be the same thing you originally saw - http://www.wkrn.com/Global/story.asp?S=13683779

Paula

Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

Thanks so much Paula; I'm rubbish at these things, but I do try! Your link has an extra video of the concert so well done you!!!

Thanks for those links! What a great moment for you weathermanfsu for getting into the press conference! Looking forward to your videos and pics too - enjoy the show tonight!

OK... working on getting things posted as the 10 PM show just ended.... Here is the link for the first part of the press conference. I ask my question at about the 6:20 mark. I need to get some rest, I am exhausted about leaving the house 22 hours ago to get here, and have not had any rest since. I am going to hit the sack and my wife has agreed to drive when we leave tomorrow I can post everything while she drives (thanks to pdanet and android!)

Here is the link to the still pics from the confernce....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-G9gaxt2M8g

Here is part 2 of the press conference....

Here is part 2 of the press conference... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpIKFq1iC5U

Shout out to Planet Garth on Sirius/XM On The Highway

Stormy Warren interviewed me right before song 18 on the hot 30 live tonight, it will air again tomorrow at 9 and again on Sunday! I was sure to plug Planet Garth!

Thanks for sharing the video of the press conference and the pictures. I'll check them out once I catch up here. Thanks also for mentioning PG; I'll be sure to catch the Hot 30 Live tomorrow.

Paula

Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

Awesome that you were able to capture the whole press conference.

Quote Originally Posted by weathermanfsu View Post
    Here is the link to the still pics from the confernce....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-G9gaxt2M8g
    The link for the still pictures brings up Part 1 of the press conference. No still pictures.

Paula

Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

+ Reply to Thread