+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Special Guests in Nashville

Special Guests in Nashville

The possibilities for Special Guests in Nashville are basically endless. Who do you think is a possibility? I'd say Martina McBride is a safe guess since her husband works with Garth on these types of shows. But who knows. Here's a list i came up with of some likely and probably unlikely possible guests...

Martina McBride (John works with Garth)
    Carrie Underwood (Garth inducted her into Opry)
    Kix Brooks (Good friends)
    Steve Wariner (Multiple duets)
    Billy Joel (History of duets and Garth flew to NYC for Shea Stadium show)
    Don McClean (performed together before)
    George Jones (Beer Run)
    Huey Lewis (was at LA show)
    Reba (close friends)
    James Taylor (friends and past performances)
    Loretta Lynn (close with her)
    Jewel (past performace)
    Keb Mo (past performance)
    Western Underground (members of Chris Ledoux's band)

More unlikely possibilities-
    Tim and Faith (very involved with flood relief)
    Brad Paisley (also super involved)
    George Strait (history with Garth)

Who do ya'll think?
    He defies music boundaries... End of Debate.

I'd say George Jones, Huey Lewis and Martina McBride are three good bets. I'd like to see Western Underground there too, but I doubt if they will perform. It doesn't mention it on their site, or at least not yet.

Look for songwriter extraordinaire Karyn Rochelle (Georgia Rain) to open the shows and sing back-up.

Strait won't be there; Garth worships him, but he has not gone out of his way to acknowledge it, even refusing a duet opportunity.
    "Grace is when God gives us what we don't deserve and mercy is when God doesn't give us what we do deserve" - Dan Roberts

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Look for songwriter extraordinaire Karyn Rochelle (Georgia Rain) to open the shows and sing back-up.
    A guess or insider info, PJ?

I think Steve Wariner will be a special guest. (just a guess)

Quote Originally Posted by GarthFanIU View Post
    A guess or insider info, PJ?
    Not really insider - it was on her FB page.

Oh! lol So a VERY educated guess?

Karyn would make sense. She did show up at a Vegas show in February and sing Georgia Rain with Trisha. She was in the audience and GB called her up. I'm looking for the special guests so be those who live in Nashville and maybe some who haven't appeared with Garth. Tim and Faith, Brad Paisley, and Miranda Lambert are some of my guesses. Trisha has mentioned that she thinks the next top acts in country music are Miranda and Josh Turner. I would say expect the unexpected versus people who have already performed with him.
    Heavenís not beyond the clouds, itís just beyond the fear. No, heavenís not beyond the clouds, itís for us to find it here.

Here's a link to Karyn's website. She's opening on the 17th but it doesn't say every show. But I imagine she will sing back up every night.

http://www.karynrochelle.com/
    Heavenís not beyond the clouds, itís just beyond the fear. No, heavenís not beyond the clouds, itís for us to find it here.

Miranda Lambert is a definite possibility. Well, at least I know her mother would love that (I say this because I sat behind her mother in Las Vegas in January).

George refused a duet with Garth huh? ....I don't like hearing that - I have thought before about the him doing nothing to acknowledge it....when murder on music row came out was I the only one who thought that may have been pointed at G? I always hoped not. Would love to see them sing together!

As for special guests - would love to see brad or tim. maybe someone like lee Brice? Who co-wrote more than a memory?

It'd be cool if some other people showed up...but I'd almost assume they don't and I get three hours of just Garth!

New York, New York, United States, 108424279189115, New York, New York
    Quote Originally Posted by alictf View Post
    George refused a duet with Garth huh? ....I don't like hearing that - I have thought before about the him doing nothing to acknowledge it....when murder on music row came out was I the only one who thought that may have been pointed at G? I always hoped not. Would love to see them sing together!

As for special guests - would love to see brad or tim. maybe someone like lee Brice? Who co-wrote more than a memory?

It'd be cool if some other people showed up...but I'd almost assume they don't and I get three hours of just Garth!
    George also thinks there are no Country Music Fans in NYC tri state area!!!! I love his songs.................. BUT oh wait!! He doesn't write them... Sure knows how to pick from the best!! Just sayin!!
    Love Always,
    Jo@nn
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
    It's about learning to dance in the rain.

I'm hoping for Steve Wariner

Do you guys think that he will only have special guests on the 17th?
    KIM

Quote Originally Posted by txgb_fan View Post
    Here's a link to Karyn's website. She's opening on the 17th but it doesn't say every show. But I imagine she will sing back up every night.

http://www.karynrochelle.com/
    If you click on the Performances link, it lists the following:

12/16- Bridgestone Arena / Nashville , TN
    Opening for Garth Brooks

12/17- Bridgestone Arena / Nashville , TN
    Opening for Garth Brooks

12/19- Bridgestone Arena / Nashville , TN
    Opening for Garth Brooks

12/20- Bridgestone Arena / Nashville , TN
    Opening for Garth Brooks

12/21- Bridgestone Arena / Nashville , TN
    Opening for Garth Brooks

12/22- Bridgestone Arena / Nashville , TN
    Opening for Garth Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    If you click on the Performances link, it lists the following:

12/16- Bridgestone Arena / Nashville , TN
    Opening for Garth Brooks

12/17- Bridgestone Arena / Nashville , TN
    Opening for Garth Brooks

12/19- Bridgestone Arena / Nashville , TN
    Opening for Garth Brooks

12/20- Bridgestone Arena / Nashville , TN
    Opening for Garth Brooks

12/21- Bridgestone Arena / Nashville , TN
    Opening for Garth Brooks

12/22- Bridgestone Arena / Nashville , TN
    Opening for Garth Brooks
    Hmm...does this mean that Trisha won't play opening act like she did in KC?

Maybe Garth will surprise us all and pick guests outside of country music (like with Jewel and Keb Mo)... Or go old school and bring someone like his recent "date" Loretta Lynn. Or maybe Karyn and Trisha are the only special guests!

PJ, thanks for noticing the performances link! I totally missed it. I look for Trisha to sing more of her songs versus just the standard duets. In an interview someone posted, GB said something like Vegas was his thing and Nashville will give Trisha a chance to sing some of her stuff. Personally, I could do without hearing "She's in Love With the Boy." I feel like that song has been sung more than enough. She has so many great songs. I don't know why she sings the same two over and over. She does have a new CD coming out but I doubt she'll throw new stuff out at these shows but who knows. Vegas would be a good place to do that.

Anyone know how opening acts will work on nights with two shows? I don't see how they will have time to do it, especially for the first one.

I had almost for this. Jerrod Niemann co-wrote "Midnight Sun" with Garth. Maybe he'll come on and surprise us by playing that and "Lover Lover"
    He defies music boundaries... End of Debate.

I never thought of Murder on Music Row being against Garth at all, I think it's many who came after him but not him. As far as special guests and opening act goes, I think it will be similar to KC as far as Trisha will be before Garth but they did say it was both so Karyn will be opening and then Trisha and then Garth. I did see something somewhere in an article that Karyn was tapped for opening act so I'm think she's there every night as well but maybe she will do shorter sets on double show nights or G will cut a couple songs. Special guests I'm assuming with the time of year it is that many are off the road so anyone could show up but I would truly expect to see Steve there for sure. Martina I would think would def. be a possibility as well and I think they would do any night, not just opening but it may vary and be someone on a couple of nights and someone else another show. I don't expect George to and I don't think it's anything personal but Garth doesn't like to perform in front of George as he feels he's not "worthy" so I don't expect him at all besides George does his rodeo thing and that's about it outside of his tour and rarely goes to Nashville. Other than Steve and Martina i'm not sure.
    And now, I'm glad I didn't know,
    the way it all would end, the way it all would go, our lives are better left to chance, I could have missed the pain, but I'd have had to miss, the Dance.

Question: Has anything actually been said or printed to even imply that there will be guests at all?

In the press conference he said he was going to call on friends and even mentioned Steve.
    And now, I'm glad I didn't know,
    the way it all would end, the way it all would go, our lives are better left to chance, I could have missed the pain, but I'd have had to miss, the Dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Sevens View Post
    Question: Has anything actually been said or printed to even imply that there will be guests at all?

The superstar indicated that if there is a demand, he will add extra performances, as well as call on his famous friends -- mentioning Steve Wariner as an example -- to serve as surprise guests, although he said he couldn't guarantee any special appearances just yet.

http://www.theboot.com/2010/10/28/ga...ncert-for-flo/

IMHO the best special guests would be George Strait and Billy Joel.

I think a possible guest may be Keith Urban, they have a history and are friends and Keith is involved in the effort.
    I don't think George will show up although I would personally love that, I can say with certainty that it's nothing against Garth. I have actually talked to George about Garth briefly and he said he is a huge fan.
    I would love to see Loretta also but not sure if her health would allow? Lee Brice is also a possibility and I would love to see Keith Anderson he wrote Beer Run.
    December in Nashville with Garth makes for a Very Merry Christmas!!!

Good interview http://www.theboot.com/2010/11/24/ga...oks-interview/

Can you reveal any other performers who might show up, or is that a secret?

You know what? We called for anybody that wanted to come, and we got such a wonderful outpouring ... I don't know what to do with them all. They're so different from each other. There's comedians, there's older rock bands, there's young country bands ... How in the hell do you pick? I think we're just going to say thank you to everyone and just keep it to ourselves. I thought maybe we'd get one or two people, I was stunned. And the crews, all the people that are donating everything. The Marines' Toys for Tots are going to be there for these kids who are flood victims. It's going to be good. It's just a love fest right now.

Wow, that was a great article! Thanks for the link PJ.
    "Grace is when God gives us what we don't deserve and mercy is when God doesn't give us what we do deserve" - Dan Roberts

I just posted this article in a new thread...didn't realize you had already posted it here. It was a great interview.

Paula

Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

Great article! It covers a lot of topics. Looks like he'll be cutting his Vegas shows to once a month. I'm off topic here, but this might entice people to pay the $253 if the demand is higher once he limits his shows to four a month versus eight.

+ Reply to Thread