+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Parking

Parking

Does anyone know about the parking around the Bridgestone arena? I know there is a free lot about a 10 minute walk from the arena that has a shuttle but for $3 but it only runs until midnight and Garth tends to play longer than most artists so I don't think it will be easy to make it to the shuttle by midnight, and virtually impossible on nights when the concert doesn't start until 10. Does anyone know if there are lots around there to park in?

If you park in the library garage (right across from the Renaissance Hotel) it cost $4, but it fills up fast when events are going on downtown. Otherwise, most of the parking is between $10-$20 and they always take advantage of jacking up prices when events are going on at the Bridgestone. Some of the parking near the river is free, but almost always full. If you're really lucky you may nab a meter spot but I wouldn't count on it (I've lived here over 3 years and never had that happen). Hope that helps!

This is something I'm worried about too. I've only been to Nashville once so I'm a little worried about getting lost just trying to find a parking spot!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Sevens View Post
    This is something I'm worried about too. I've only been to Nashville once so I'm a little worried about getting lost just trying to find a parking spot!
    Don't worry about that. Once you get downtown to where Bridgestone arena is, it's pretty cut and dry. They have ALOT of parking lots and garages all around Broadway. You'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by adamthegarthfan View Post
    Don't worry about that. Once you get downtown to where Bridgestone arena is, it's pretty cut and dry. They have ALOT of parking lots and garages all around Broadway. You'll be fine.
    Thanks! That's very reassuring.

Haha. Sorry if my response was a little grim. Finding a spot won't be tough at all. There is a ton of parking downtown. I'm in college though, so my friends and I are always trying to find the cheapest options possible.

PS- If you park in the library garage, you can run into the library and get your parking validated. It buys you two free hours.

The problem is the big lots south of the arena and adjacent to the Hall of Fame are torn up due to construction. So, if you plan on parking right next to the arena, there is not much available but there are a lot of smaller lots scattered around downtown.

http://www.parkitdowntown.com/maps

The real problem I see is people who are coming in for the late show who have to wait for those from the early show to vacate parking spots.

I haven't been in several years but watch the one way's!! LOL Yep first time I went downtown I went the wrong way! Sometimes it's easier to just take a cab! LMAO
    And now, I'm glad I didn't know,
    the way it all would end, the way it all would go, our lives are better left to chance, I could have missed the pain, but I'd have had to miss, the Dance.

Today's Tennessean had an article with parking options in the downtown area - http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...0391/1001/NEWS.

Paula

Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

I go to a lot of events in nashville and the $3 parking deal is great! The shuttles will run till 2am for 9 or 10 shows, so no worries! Werid thing is that they drop you off at the corner of the hall of fame. So you still have to walk down the street but overall I would do it!

I, too, have read about parking at LP Field and taking the shuttle for $3.00. My question is, what do they do when the Titans have a game? They play at home on the 19th!

Some of the hotels may have a shuttle service, such as where we are staying, Holiday Inn Vanderbilt. However, the shuttle stops at 11pm, I believe. So we plan to take the shuttle to the concert, then a cab back to the hotel. This hotel is pretty nice, in my opinion. We stayed there during the Keith Urban All For The Hall 2009.

Don't know if I'm allowed to mention this or not, but by using Priceline (name your own price) I got 2 nights for only $108 (total). Also, there is a deal on Slickdeals that gives you a Platinum membership (free upgrades) for hotels such as this brand.

Along the same subject line as parking lot- On, TicketMaster it shows Garth Brooks Pinniacle Parking lot what is that? I also posted this here because apparently I am unable to post a new thread.
    Last edited by leavealighton; 12-09-2010 at 11:13 PM. Reason: spelling, punctuation

Quote Originally Posted by leavealighton View Post
    Along the same subject line as parking lot- On, TicketMaster it shows Garth Brooks Pinniacle Parking lot what is that? I also posted this here because apparently I am unable to post a new thread.
    I saw that this morning as well. It looks to be the parking garage at the Symphony building. It's still a 2 block or so walk but rates looked reasonable.

Free parking at LP Field

Rather than hunt for a closer parking space, we chose to do the free parking thing at LP Field, and then took the $3 shuttle to Bridgestone. We got right on the shuttle and the process was very smooth. But when the late show was over and we got to the shuttle pick-up area, there had to be a couple hundred people waiting for the shuttles! We decided to walk and be cold rather than stand in line and be cold It wasn't a bad walk at all, maybe 10 minutes (maybe a little longer because a policeman directed us a block too far and we ended up under the bridge. lol). But there were a lot of people walking so it didn't feel unsafe or anything.
    Also, we stayed at the Wyndham (near the Opryland Hotel) and they were offering a shuttle to the shows for $15 round trip per person. Perhaps other hotels are offering something similar. Might be worth looking in to
    Jody

Thanks to Jody's recommendations about parking at LP field, we did the same thing. It was really smooth and so easy to get out of after the show - very little congestion and the walk back to the car wasn't bad at all. Our hotel - Fairfield Marriot on Music City Dr was offering a shuttle to downtown as well (it was $10).

+ Reply to Thread