+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tickets on ebay

Tickets on ebay

Has anyone else noticed that the tickets listed on Ebay have been removed? Way to go Garth! Maybe the scalper wont gobble up all of the tickets next time!
    Looking forward to 2015.

I don't think it was Garth that did it. I was watching a couple of those and emailed the seller to ask where it went and they said ebay sent them an email asking them to move their listing to stub hub (which is owned by ebay). So I went there and sure enough the ones I had been keeping an eye on were there.

Hmmm. Interesting.
    Looking forward to 2015.

I wonder if ebay charges a higher commission on stub hub than they do regular listings and that's why they wanted them moved? Who knows.

Well I still see them today. I hope nobody BUYS from there because you are going against EVERYTHING Garth stands for!! I sent a message to one of them and told them I hoped they felt good about themselves and they should donate ALL the money to the flood victims. I actually decided NOT to send it but somehow it sent anyway! LMAO Well I received a reply stating they were donating SOME of the money to the local food pantry in Nashville. Well that doesn't make you any better JERK! You sold 4 tickets for $820 which only cost you $134!!! All 700 should go to the pantry!! Sorry but I HATE scalpers!! I agree and respect Garth and am thinking about messaging them all!!! They can sell them for the cost they paid and if they have to mail them then get the shipping but anything more is STEALING!!! This is my opinion on this! Okay, off to message some more JERKS! LOL
    And now, I'm glad I didn't know,
    the way it all would end, the way it all would go, our lives are better left to chance, I could have missed the pain, but I'd have had to miss, the Dance.

I've been reporting auctions periodically, as well as emailing the sellers as well. It angers me that there are so many people who bought tickets with the express intentions of reselling them and other people (myself included) couldn't get through to buy tickets I was actually planning on using.

While i HATE scalpers as much as the next guy/girl, and as much as Garth - once they are in their hands - what can you do? NOT let them sell them? seems like that would end up with a bunch of empty seats - which noone wants.

I didn't get tickets - but i WILL NOT miss these concerts...so as much as I hate it, unless i find someone on here who wants to sell me good seats at face value (which i would be happy to take ) - i have to buy them somewhere! CAN NOT miss these shows!!

I sure hope ebay isn't just moving them all to stubhub! that is wrong -stubhub you have to pay service charges and all -that you don't have to pay on ebay. if they are, that must be something new.

I sell a # of my Cardinals season tickets on StubHub. I do know, and I may mix them up, that the seller pays StubHub 10% and the buyer pays at 15% charge, or vice versa. Regardless StubHub makes 25% per ticket as their fees. Ebay is at most 1/2 that, so yeah, why not force everyone to sell on StubHub. What a joke!

I remembered something last night that happened during the KC shows so just thought I would mention it. It is great of PGers to offer others tix at cost. However, sometimes your kindness can be taken advantage of. There have been times when folks offered tix here and the buyers turned around and sold them for a profit. So, you may want to check out the profiles of those looking to buy and see if they've been around awhile or are just newbies looking for tix.

Good tip PJ!

Good tip PJ. I know for KC I sold my tickets for a night I couldn't go to someone on here and no clue what happened after that for them. I ended up having someone gift me one which they would leave at their hotel desk for me because they were leaving and a friend was going to pick it up but the friend said the ticket wasn't there. Thankfully that friend had one for me and I was able to still go after driving from Central IL to KC that day. I was also able to get a couple from someone here for my son and his fiance (now wife) to go the same night as me. There ARE good people here but it's like anywhere I supposed, there's always a bad apple! LOL
    the way it all would end, the way it all would go, our lives are better left to chance, I could have missed the pain, but I'd have had to miss, the Dance.

Well I promise I'm not a bad apple so if anyone has some front row they aren't able to use - I promise I will put them to good use myself

The only way to stop them is to NOT pay more than actual cost. I would rather see them scrambling outside the night of the show trying to get rid of them and losing money even if it means empty seats. Empty seats doesn't mean a bad show for Garth, if they were actually scalper tickets he would LOVE it. There wouldn't be THAT many though in all actuality and he wouldn't have a clue how many there were really. Once we're all standing you can't tell if there's an empty seat cuz we are moving and dancing too much! LOL

Garth has stated several times he'd rather see empty seats than scalpers making a profit.
    "Grace is when God gives us what we don't deserve and mercy is when God doesn't give us what we do deserve" - Dan Roberts

Hey I just got a google alert and it had this link in it. http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/story.asp?S=13515790 this explains why Ebay asked the sellers to move them to stubhub!!! AWESOME At least some of the money will still help the flood victims!

Wow, I was wondering why they all moved to stub hub - since ebay owns it I figured they just wanted the fees they get from stub hub - that is pretty cool what they are doing.

But the prices on stub hub are mostly insane!

Quote Originally Posted by alictf View Post
    I didn't get tickets - but i WILL NOT miss these concerts...so as much as I hate it, unless i find someone on here who wants to sell me good seats at face value (which i would be happy to take ) - i have to buy them somewhere! CAN NOT miss these shows!!
    I have 2 extra tickets to the Thursday 12/16 7pm show. They aren't good seats, but they get you in the door. You can always "accidentally" sit in the wrong better open seat if the rightful owner doesn't come along. I have the tickets listed in the Trading Post section of this forum. Kathie

+ Reply to Thread