+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ROLL CALL! Who's headed to Nashville?!

Maybe all the PG people going can take signs showing Garth the ticket hike in Vegas is going to cut a lot of his fans out of the audience.
    "Grace is when God gives us what we don't deserve and mercy is when God doesn't give us what we do deserve" - Dan Roberts

Quote Originally Posted by ADcrzy4GB View Post
    I'll be there!!!! Me and my 4 year old baby boy, Lane Cooper!!!
    You're braver than I am. No way would I want to deal with my 4 yr old during a Garth show.

Pleasant Hill, Missouri (outside of kansas city)
    Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    You're braver than I am. No way would I want to deal with my 4 yr old during a Garth show.
    OOHHH HE LOVES HIM!!!! We took him to his first Garth show in KANSAS CITY back in 2007 and he was only 9 -1/2 months old and just danced his little heart out!!! I have the most amazing pictures of him just smiling with his big headphones on !!!! And Garth actually signed one for him

I think he's more excited than I am!!!
    *AMANDA BROOKE*

"Listen not to the critics, who put their own dreams on the shelf.
    If you wanna get the truth to admit it, you gotta find out for yourself...How you ever gonna know?"
    -GARTH BROOKS-

Pleasant Hill, Missouri (outside of kansas city)
    Quote Originally Posted by BLL View Post
    Maybe all the PG people going can take signs showing Garth the ticket hike in Vegas is going to cut a lot of his fans out of the audience.
    I've been expressing my DISLIKE in this ticket increase over on the Wynn's FB page and actually got this idea from another "garth friend"... but my sign will be ...

"FRIENDS IN LOW PLACES CAN'T AFFORD VEGAS" !!!!

Hopefully that will get accross to him!!! I was lucky enough to get to go for my birthday just in October. Glad I did then. The $143 was enough to spend. I planned on going back around February... BUT NOT NOW!!!! There's no way I can afford the $253 for tickets!

I'm happy with my 4 tickets to Nashville.. that totalling $138 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm hoping G backs out of the Vegas "deal" !!!
    *AMANDA BROOKE*

"Listen not to the critics, who put their own dreams on the shelf.
    If you wanna get the truth to admit it, you gotta find out for yourself...How you ever gonna know?"
    -GARTH BROOKS-

Quote Originally Posted by ADcrzy4GB View Post
    OOHHH HE LOVES HIM!!!! We took him to his first Garth show in KANSAS CITY back in 2007 and he was only 9 -1/2 months old and just danced his little heart out!!! I have the most amazing pictures of him just smiling with his big headphones on !!!! And Garth actually signed one for him
    Very cool Amanda! Would love to hear that story!

I put my Kansas City dvd on earlier, and just opened up my computer to hear "Unanswered Prayers."

And I have to say, I am incredibly excited to get to sing with you all in December!

I don't blame you for taking your 4 yr old. My kids very first concert was Garth in 1990, just before FILP came out. Local county fair and my daughter was 28 days shy of being 1 yr old. We waited afterwards for the autographs and he stroked her arm as my mom held her and said "awww, you've been holding her for a long time" She was really small when born so she weighed nothin really and I had held her during the show and she finally fell asleep and when we were waiting I put my son in the stroller since he was 3 and heavier but it was easier for me to push than mom and that's why she was holding my daughter. I also took them in 93 I think it was and because one song in particular always put my daughter to sleep (whether it was on the radio, cd or me singing it) she climbed on my lap when he started it and fell asleep but as soon as he started the song after that she woke right up! LOL
    And now, I'm glad I didn't know,
    the way it all would end, the way it all would go, our lives are better left to chance, I could have missed the pain, but I'd have had to miss, the Dance.

New York, New York, United States, 108424279189115, New York, New York
    I'll be there!! Lucky to be staying with a friend!!
    Love Always,
    Jo@nn
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
    It's about learning to dance in the rain.

I am super excited to be heading to Nashville for the Dec. 20th show!! I haven't seen him since '98. Going to be a nice road trip from Charlotte, NC!!

Me Me !! My daughter and me will be there for Sunday night and Monday, we are staying at Embassy suites.
    December in Nashville with Garth makes for a Very Merry Christmas!!!

I'll be there at the early show the 21st!!

Quote Originally Posted by lee512w View Post
    I'll be there at the early show the 21st!!
    LeeLee is that you my Keith Anderson buddy? Hey are you hoping Keith will be a special guest like I am? It's Donna btw, Okie.
    December in Nashville with Garth makes for a Very Merry Christmas!!!

I just got tickets for the 19th and 20th. I need to know where a good place to stay would be. I'm a wheelchair user and am hoping to find something relatively close to the arena. Is there a certain area most of you are staying? I've heard the Double Tree and Sheraton mentioned several times. Can anyone local make a recommendation?

Thanks,
    Tracie
    Heavenís not beyond the clouds, itís just beyond the fear. No, heavenís not beyond the clouds, itís for us to find it here.

Well I'm living in Nashville right now for the semester - but going to the shows - so can I still say I am on this list? LOL
    "Nobody has a more sacred obligation to obey the law than those who make the law." --- Sophocles

I will be there for Sunday's show. Flying in from Florida Haven't seen him since 1998 so super excited.
    There will always be a light on for you.

Quote Originally Posted by txgb_fan View Post
    I just got tickets for the 19th and 20th. I need to know where a good place to stay would be. I'm a wheelchair user and am hoping to find something relatively close to the arena. Is there a certain area most of you are staying? I've heard the Double Tree and Sheraton mentioned several times. Can anyone local make a recommendation?

Thanks,
    Tracie
    The Hampton Downtown is close by and reasonably priced (also serves complimentary breakfast). We loved staying there during Fan Fair this past June. Other hotels nearby are the Renaissance and the Hilton, but they are a little pricier. The Doubletree and Sheraton are about 3 or 4 blocks away, but you're talking hills to get there. There's also the Courtyard Marriott, but we were not impressed by the interior when we went to check it out.

Paula

Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

Honey, I'm there!!!

Thanks for the info. Paula. The hill thing is VERY good to know. I will check into the Hampton Downtown. I will be using a taxi so I don't have to worry about rolling so far. I got really lucky and was able to get section 115, which is the closest wheelchair seating available to the stage. The agent told me that these seats sit higher so that when people stand up in front of me I will still be able to see. That will be really nice! I will actually be able to see an entire show. At the Encore I moved into the aisle but that didn't help much.
    Heavenís not beyond the clouds, itís just beyond the fear. No, heavenís not beyond the clouds, itís for us to find it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat3192 View Post
    Didn't hear about this til last night but still managed to grab 4 singles for Friday night. Hope to book the Sheraton or Doubletree so I will look for all the fellow PGers. We ought to meet somewhere before hand for Happy Hour! Anybody familiar with Arena area that wants to recommend somewhere?
    I'll be there. Staying at the Sheraton. Happy hour- Buffalo Billards has a great one. We should meet there. It's on 2nd Ave right next to Coyote Ugly. I went to school at belmont so I know where to eat and what to do. I love NASHVILLE. PS everyone go to Opryland Hotel. It's amazing during christmas time!
    "I've never stayed awake at night over chances I've taken that I have failed, but I've stayed awake at night of chances I didn't take." -GB

I'll be there 12/17, 12/19,and 12/20. Going to the Opry on 12/18. My usual Garth concert sidekick can't travel with a new baby and my other cousins who love Garth can't afford the flight and room from California. I'll be solo this time and staying at the Sheraton.

-Monica

I'll be there for the 6pm 21st show and the 9pm 22nd show...deciding between staying at the hermitage hotel, rennaisance or the Hilton...any ideas
    I also have 4 sets of tickets for sale (face value of course) for various nights if anyone is still interested

So far going to Tuesday 9 pm show and Wednesday 6 pm. show!! SO excited! hoping to go to Wed. last show too!

We decided to stay at the Sheraton, we werent familiar with Nashville so we took a shot in the dark. I hope it all works out well, I cant wait.

Questions for Nashvillians:

Are there any quick tourist sites you guys would recommend? I definitely want to see the Opryland Resort...does anyone know if they keep their Christmas lights on all night? I'd like to drive by it after the 10pm show on the 16th but I'm assuming (and hoping!) it won't be over until very late into the night

I got my tickets....cant wait!

ONE QUESTION: So what do you think the stage will look like....something like KC in 07 or maybe his nashville 98 concerts...its bugging me. He says they are bring back the "old stage and old lights" WHAT DOES THAT MEAN!!!!!

I would love to meet some of you! I've heard several people say they were going to Sunday's show. I'll be there on Sunday and Monday. Any ideas on how we can identify ourselves and choose a meeting place before or after the show(s)? I'm staying at the Indigo on Union. Apparently, there are plenty of places in the area to choose from. A fellow PG member recommended the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum and The Bluebird Cafe where Garth was discovered. Tony Arata will be playing at 9:30 on the 17th.

http://countrymusichalloffame.org/fu...-of-inductees/

http://www.bluebirdcafe.com/

Tracie

I am so excited about all of this. For some reason I wasn't able to logon here this week so it was nice to get on tonight and catch up.
    My whole familly will be at the show on the 17th. Our only problem is I was only able to get single tickets so we are spread all over. All in 300 sections. If anyone has singles in some 300 sections and maybe wants to move around let me know. (Don't have my tickets in front of me so I don't remember exact sections we are in.)

We are staying at the Sheraton. My sister-in-law was nice enough to let us use her frequent flyer miles for a room for 2 nights so we will definitely being doing some tourist stuff after Friday's show. Would love to meet up with some of you. I will keep checking here to see if someone puts together a game plan.

On a side note - my one song request - would LOVE LOVE LOVE to hear Belleau Wood. It's Christmas time after all.

Cat

Belleau Wood.... ahhhh..... I'll bet he'll honor that request if he sees a sign or two, or 7, lol!

Canadian Garth Fan

I'm heading down with a buddy for the show on Dec 19th. Flights and Hotel are booked and we are ready to roll....flying in for the weekend from London, ON (Canada), catching a Predators vs Kings game Saturday, and hittin up the show Sunday!! Should be a good weekend.

Macker

ME!!!! I will be there on thursday night. I am bringing my mom, my brother, and a friend. And I'm soo excited. I have behind-the-stage tickets, and let me just say, I wouldn't mind staring at GB's backside all night if ya know what I mean ladies!!! Glad some fellow pg'ers are going. Hope to meet some new Garth buddies there.
    "You know the woman wants her cowboy....."

+ Reply to Thread