+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Next round of dates

Quote Originally Posted by gbfans66 View Post
    They are all on sale this weekend, but the December ones have the pre-sale. I think the pre-sale is something new. I don't know what's going on with that but something's fishy!
    Oh, gotcha... i didn't pick up on that.... very weird.

As a person that got to experience the Vegas show in Feburary, It's well worth more than $250. However, I don't believe this is Garth's will. I'm very, very disapointed in this. Anyone know how to get ahold of Steve Wynn or Garth's people? I'd would like to write them an email

You can go to their website and find a contact us or something like that because I've actually mailed something to Mr. Wynn and Garth at the hotel. But if you are on facebook, you can also "like" the Wynn Las Vegas page and write on their wall there. They DO read it because they reply to alot of the comments there.
    And now, I'm glad I didn't know,
    the way it all would end, the way it all would go, our lives are better left to chance, I could have missed the pain, but I'd have had to miss, the Dance.

I am also EXTREMELY disappointed in the increaed price. If it was about "true" fans, I don't think the price would've gone up like that. Neither Steve or Garth need the money. Is it worth it, yes. But to me it's not all about "worth." It's about Garth and what he has always stood for - his fans! Garth said he wasn't happy with the $143, which he thought was high and understood that a lot fans wouldn't be able to see him and that they'd have to wait five years for him to start touring again. There is NO need for this, other than making more money. There are many people having finacial difficulties. Raising the price is sending the message that his shows aren't about his fans at all (excluding the wealthy ones). This even makes me disenchanted with getting tickets to Nashville. It's just what I call the "Garth Principle." And maybe my expectations aren't realistic for the number one selling solo artist whose shows sell out in a matter of minutes. I saw three shows in Vegas and really wish I would've went last weekend like I wanted to. I was planning on going back in February, but I have to think real hard about it. It's $500 for 2 shows. I saw 3 last time for less than this. Like someone previously mentioned, there will be more of Steve's "friends" there this time around.

Tracie
    Heavenís not beyond the clouds, itís just beyond the fear. No, heavenís not beyond the clouds, itís for us to find it here.

$253 is insane I'm really disappointed in Garth

I don't believe Garth had anything to do with this and probably fought tooth and nail but I also believe that once he sees that his true fans can't go, he will use his "out clause" and leave the deal. I don't see him sticking it out after this round of dates and he sees what kind of crowd he's getting.
    And now, I'm glad I didn't know,
    the way it all would end, the way it all would go, our lives are better left to chance, I could have missed the pain, but I'd have had to miss, the Dance.

guys you're not using your head it's not Garth's fault it's more Steve's fault because he wanted to compete with the other vegas shows since Garth's vegas show has become extremely popular. If y'all wanna yell at me over telling the truth then by all means do but I'm not gonna budge on these statements.

Quote Originally Posted by vegitoth View Post
    guys you're not using your head it's not Garth's fault it's more Steve's fault because he wanted to compete with the other vegas shows since Garth's vegas show has become extremely popular. If y'all wanna yell at me over telling the truth then by all means do but I'm not gonna budge on these statements.
    I'm not going to budge on my statement either I'm disappointed with Garth for bowing down to Wynn

I too hold Garth accountable. I would like to hear from him just like we did the first time. Steve isn't going to do something unless Garth agrees to it. Garth said something like it took them a while to come to an agreement on the price in his first interview. I need to find that clip. And please post your feelings on Facebook. There are plenty of comments under Wynn's announcement of dates.
    Heavenís not beyond the clouds, itís just beyond the fear. No, heavenís not beyond the clouds, itís for us to find it here.

and not that I'm looking for tickets, cause I certainly can't afford it, but how would one get the pre-sale code? I'm on the Wynn mailing list, I'm a players card member .... just wondering if it's for Wynn's high rollers only?

Garth is fully aware. "I am flattered Steve Wynn believes in me as an entertainer and my deal with him is not affected by ticket price. My only concern is the audience. Right now, the Vegas audiences are some of the best I have ever played for and I'd hate to see that change for whatever reason," said Garth Brooks.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Garth-....html?x=0&.v=1

somewhere between Nashville & Keetonville
    Mr. Wynn said Garth would be free to walk away from their agreement at any time. NOW would be a good time.

Sherry
    You and I keeping love alive till the last tear is cried.....

This is the contact information I found on Garth's website.

Media Contacts:

Garth Brooks
    Nancy Seltzer, Nancy Seltzer & Associates
    Phone: 323 938 3562, e-mail: nseltzer@nsapr.com

BUT before everyone goes emailing everyone and getting angry lets wait until Garth is on Larry King. I would be very surprised if this is not addressed. If anything write to Larry King and let him know you want him to ask Garth about this and give Garth a chance to respond.

There are cheaper Vegas tickets, but they're tier pricing i.e. the 'cheap seats' in the very back. Garth has never done that, but didn't sell the front two rows, handing them out to folk in the bad seats, as he didn't want people in the scalped front two rows to sit on their butts because they paid way too much for the shows. Wynn sets the ticket price, and apparently makes quite a bit of coin from the 'service fees' to boot. I blame Wynn, but there's not reason sign couldn't be held up in Nashville to let his true fans know they can't afford Vegas now.
    "Grace is when God gives us what we don't deserve and mercy is when God doesn't give us what we do deserve" - Dan Roberts

Quote Originally Posted by txgb_fan View Post
    Garth is fully aware. "I am flattered Steve Wynn believes in me as an entertainer and my deal with him is not affected by ticket price. My only concern is the audience. Right now, the Vegas audiences are some of the best I have ever played for and I'd hate to see that change for whatever reason," said Garth Brooks.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Garth-....html?x=0&.v=1
    to me this just shows that he's aware he's probably going to lose his "real" fans due to the price increase.
    Cowboys and angels leather and lace
    Salt of the earth meets heavenly grace
    It's a long way to heaven
    And one hell of a ride

That's out of control.

What is the date of Garth's Larry King experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    What is the date of Garth's Larry King experience?
    Larry King is Dec 10th but he's on Leno Nov 19. I hope Leno asks him about it, but I'm not sure he will. I think it's more likely that Larry would bring that up.

Quote Originally Posted by ErinRae View Post
    This is the contact information I found on Garth's website.

Media Contacts:

Garth Brooks
    Nancy Seltzer, Nancy Seltzer & Associates
    Phone: 323 938 3562, e-mail: nseltzer@nsapr.com

BUT before everyone goes emailing everyone and getting angry lets wait until Garth is on Larry King. I would be very surprised if this is not addressed. If anything write to Larry King and let him know you want him to ask Garth about this and give Garth a chance to respond.
    Good idea about emailing Larry King to ask. I would love to hear Garth's response. About how with the increase ticket price, the audience will not be full of real Garth fans...Would he walk away because of this...does he want to play for a theater full of people that just sit on their hands? And that every true Garth fan should get to see that AMAZING show!

Just out of curiosity I went back and looked at Wynn's facebook page to see what the response was like last time they released dates up through Nov and it got 11 comments , mostly people excited, one guy complaining about ticket buying procedure (which was a pain at first). This time within one day of releasing the info they have gotten 56 comments all but one that I can see from livid fans calling for a boycott and calling Steve Wynn a scalper. I find that funny, hopefully they notice that they have 5 times the amount of comments and none of them are good about this. But I suspect that come Saturday they will sell out as usual. But I really kind of hope they don't. I don't want Steve Wynn to get away with this, I don't want people to feel that Garth did this to them ( if he did then that's another story and I am VERY disappointed). But on the other hand I would hate if it didn't sell out for Garth to think that the people aren't there for him anymore.

I don't think I have been this mad about something in quite some time. I saw Garth in Vegas 6 times last year, and it's the only reason I went. I can't stand Vegas and yet there I was staying in the Wynn hotel, buying his food, etc... but I won't do that again.

I don't want Steve Wynn to get away with this, I don't want people to feel that Garth did this to them ( if he did then that's another story and I am VERY disappointed). But on the other hand I would hate if it didn't sell out for Garth to think that the people aren't there for him anymore.

Can't put all the blame on Wynn some has to go to Garth the ticket prices weren't set without his approval & he has to know what his "real" fans think about this insane increase.
    144,000 tickets were sold for Nashville he knows people are still there for him

I don't think I have been this mad about something in quite some time. I saw Garth in Vegas 6 times last year, and it's the only reason I went. I can't stand Vegas and yet there I was staying in the Wynn hotel, buying his food, etc... but I won't do that again.
    I totally agree with you!

I saw him three times this year and was ready to jump on more shows in February. Not so ready now

I dont think Garth had any say in the ticket prices. For his whole career he looked after the fans, why change now???

I think its shareholder pressure on Steve, plus the fact perhaps Garth fans arent big gamblers, so he has to get money from the tickets, supply and demand could also be another reason.

Quote Originally Posted by BLL View Post
    I talked the hubby in to forgoing all presents and Christmas this year so we could scrape together the money to buy tickets for a spring show even though we'd have to drive from Ohio and leave right from the concert to head back; we'd even just sleep in the van at a rest stop and take turns driving so we wouldn't risk his job. That's gone now. I'm resigning myself to the fact it's likely that I'll never see him concert.
    I wish Garth could see this post show him what fans like Barbara are willing to sacrifice to see him and then have their dreams shattered by greed

I just got an email from Wynn with a presale code that starts now and goes until Saturday when they go on sale to the public. I won't be using that code with these prices!

I got the email also
    Special Pre-sale for Garth Fans – Get tickets for Dec. 3, 4, 5
    before they go on sale to the general public!
    Pre-sale begins NOW and ends Nov. 12 at 10 p.m. PT
    I won't be using it but I'm thrilled to see the pre sale is for Garth fans

yep, same here... I just played around with it to see what kind of seats a presale gave you... best pair for any show was row O ... single was row G .
    Very glad this did end up going out to fans, weird the presale started over a day ago though .... but I am done trying to figure out Mr. Wynn's mess-with-tickets game right now, LOL

I'm at work and don't have the email promo here. So, all four shows aren't sold out? If this is the case, I do believe the higher ticket prices impacted the sales. Otherwise, he would sell out quickly since he won't be back to Vegas for six weeks. Or at least these are my thoughts.

I saw a 4th row ticket! Ah so hard not to get it! Wish I could go!!

I found another promo code - and I'm even more steamed at Mr Wynn now!!

So, apparently the promo code 'NFR' was given out yesterday (or possibly earlier) to people coming in for the Rodeo Finals ... and the GARTHFAN promo was sent today to fans on Wynn's email list. Just for the fun of it, I went to see what tickets I could come up with trying either promo code. NFR gets you into row D on the Sunday night show. The fan code gets you into row O. Wow.

+ Reply to Thread