+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Next round of dates

Next round of dates

I'm so psyched for the next round of dates to be announced. My wife and I are planning to go to a couple of shows in the next round. If anybody hears anything please post for everyone. Can't wait!!!

I am dying to know when the next round of dates will come out! I cannot wait to go back and see Garth in Vegas!!!

Now that the dates for Nashville have been finalized, I think the next round of dates will be released fairly soon. I'm sure he wanted to sell all he could in Nashville before people bought Vegas tickets. I really like the Vegas format. It's much more intimate. However, I can't wait to see the big live show too! I don't know how much time Garth will take off before coming back to Vegas. Maybe mid-January? I want to go in February before the 15th. I got a good rate in an email offer from Wynn that expires then.
    Heavenís not beyond the clouds, itís just beyond the fear. No, heavenís not beyond the clouds, itís for us to find it here.

Mid-January or Mid-February sounds great to me!!!

There is a show running at the Encore through through Jan 29th, but I didn't check the dates close enough to see if there are weekends open for him to still do. May be worth a look.
    Tammy
    http://flickr.com/tjsgotgbfever for KC LA LV NASH pics

Quote Originally Posted by TJsgotGBfever View Post
    There is a show running at the Encore through through Jan 29th, but I didn't check the dates close enough to see if there are weekends open for him to still do. May be worth a look.
    Sinatra seems to be 6 days a week until Jan 29th so maybe Garth will need all of January to recover from Nashville.

You guys waiting on Vegas tics ... may want to go to Ticketmaster and search "Garth Brooks" ...
    Tammy

You guys waiting on Vegas tics ... may want to go to Ticketmaster and search "Garth Brooks" ...
    But you know how different a Vegas experience is from the full arena show!

New Dates Announced

Dates for Dec/Jan/Feb are released, and ouch.....harsh ticket price increase.

Glad I got to catch the show this past summer.

Ok, dates were just announced...

Concert Dates:

December 3, 4, 5

January 21, 22, 23

February 11, 12, 13

February 25, 26, 27

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Garth-....html?x=0&.v=1

He's doing Vegas in Dec before Nashville. Hope his Christmas shopping is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Capn12 View Post
    New Dates Announced

Dates for Dec/Jan/Feb are released, and ouch.....harsh ticket price increase.

Glad I got to catch the show this past summer.
    WHAT?!?!! I am shocked! I didn't even look at the price... yikes... I wonder if it's a scale now like Wynn wanted. well, I was bummed he was gonna be there on my bday and I was missing it, now I am very happy with my Nashville tics! LOL
    Tammy

Just came by to post and saw ya all beat me to it! LOL Yes it's a price increase by $110!!! WOW But then again, SO WORTH IT! Although I do wonder if ticket sales will decrease at all because not everyone can do those prices or even the prices they were this year!
    And now, I'm glad I didn't know,
    the way it all would end, the way it all would go, our lives are better left to chance, I could have missed the pain, but I'd have had to miss, the Dance.

Worth it? Of course!

Will I do it? Probably not!

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Worth it? Of course!

Will I do it? Probably not!
    I can't afford the tickets on the 13th that's for sure but I do expect to make it back again someday no matter what the price! I love the show there so much better than anything else I've seen. I just have to save up for the next round I guess! LOL
    the way it all would end, the way it all would go, our lives are better left to chance, I could have missed the pain, but I'd have had to miss, the Dance.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    But you know how different a Vegas experience is from the full arena show!
    This is very true
    Tammy

I didn't realize the Vegas tix were being handled through TM this time. Guess the Wynn finally admitted their system can't handle the demand.

somewhere between Nashville & Keetonville
    $225 for one ticket?!? The only way I'd pay that much for a show would be if Chris Gaines shows up!

Sherry
    You and I keeping love alive till the last tear is cried.....

Quote Originally Posted by kissncry View Post
    $225 for one ticket?!? The only way I'd pay that much for a show would be if Chris Gaines shows up!

Sherry
    Don't forget fees!!! $253! UGH!
    Tammy

I can not believe that they have raised the tickets this much! and I don't know how much control Garth has, but I'm surprised he would allow it.

I think it could definitely hurt sales.

Worth it? YES YES YES!!! Would I pay that? YES...the big concern is COULD I and most Garth fans pay that? - already having to get to Vegas and hotel, and speaking as someone who just got back yesterday - EAT there - crazy expensive.

Hopefully i get to go again someday - so glad we went when we did at the cheaper prices. Since I don't know if I'll be able to go again. These prices sure don't help.

I'm not sure where Wynn is getting his price ideas...Rod Stewart tickets apparently start at $69, Cher starts at $95...Celine Dion starts at $55

Now i don't know if the theater they are in is a lot bigger or something - but i don't know of a show in Vegas that starts at $225... is there one?
    Last edited by alictf; 11-09-2010 at 03:53 PM.

I talked the hubby in to forgoing all presents and Christmas this year so we could scrape together the money to buy tickets for a spring show even though we'd have to drive from Ohio and leave right from the concert to head back; we'd even just sleep in the van at a rest stop and take turns driving so we wouldn't risk his job. That's gone now. I'm resigning myself to the fact it's likely that I'll never see him concert.
    "Grace is when God gives us what we don't deserve and mercy is when God doesn't give us what we do deserve" - Dan Roberts

Quote Originally Posted by BLL View Post
    I talked the hubby in to forgoing all presents and Christmas this year so we could scrape together the money to buy tickets for a spring show even though we'd have to drive from Ohio and leave right from the concert to head back; we'd even just sleep in the van at a rest stop and take turns driving so we wouldn't risk his job. That's gone now. I'm resigning myself to the fact it's likely that I'll never see him concert.
    Have you considered the Nashville shows? Much cheaper!

yeah, and there are some single Nashville tix still available - $32 instead of $250

Do you think Garth ok'd it?.....I don't think he would be very happy about an increase that large....

well i say there are some singles..there were a few minutes ago - i can't find them now.

It's an incredible show. Hard to say it's not worth it.

But... it's easy to say this price increase is going to make him lose his fan base in the theater, and fill the theater instead with Steve Wynn's friends and other that can afford that lifestyle. Shame.
    Cowboys and angels leather and lace
    Salt of the earth meets heavenly grace
    It's a long way to heaven
    And one hell of a ride

I would love to be in Nashville, but hubby and I are both on straight commission; I had two deals not close thanks to lenders, so he had to put in for his vacation time to get enough money to pay the bills. He won't get any vacation time accrued until the end of next February. We can't afford to just take off time. I suss we are not in the minority and the pay hike will cut a lot of the true 'Believers' out of the audience.
    "Grace is when God gives us what we don't deserve and mercy is when God doesn't give us what we do deserve" - Dan Roberts

If I am not mistaken, this would be the highest-priced regular performer in Vegas. Am I wrong?

Okay wait, I just went to the ticketmaster site and see that there's a pre-sale starting TOMORROW!!! Also it states that the purchaser must be present at will call and show id and the original credit card used to purchase but it doesn't say anything about giving names or such as we have in the past. It does state that nobody has the right to sell the ticket for more than $256.60. I'm really questioning this now because it almost sounds to me like a scalper could buy the tickets and show up to pick them up but turn around and give them to whomever bought them from them. Now granted it would be like me buying for 3 of my friends and I but I would go to the show and they put a wristband on us. Does this mean they are not doing the wristbands next round either? Or do you think they just don't have that fine print in there and they are still requiring it? And what's up with the pre-sale? Who gets to purchase then? Is this why it's hard to get down in the front? I know some of you have but if they do a pre-sale only to certain people and it's not the TRUE fans then who is going to be in the front because they get to purchase tickets 3 days before us?

Didn't all the other rounds all the dates go on sale the same time? I am wondering if putting one weekend on sale is a test on the pricing...
    or maybe they're just waiting until after the holiday for the rest...

either way I am sure he'll sell, just not to "his" people for the most part.

I was wondering the same thing about the presale... wonder if some people got a code through Wynn or something?!?
    Tammy

They are all on sale this weekend, but the December ones have the pre-sale. I think the pre-sale is something new. I don't know what's going on with that but something's fishy!

+ Reply to Thread