+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is there any real reason to believe Garth isn't going to continue?

Is there any real reason to believe Garth isn't going to continue?

OK, so I read in one of the other posts that Garth was non-committal when asked about shows next year. From that statement it appears that rumbles are going around that he may quit after the current shows are over.

Is there any basis at all to believe that is a possibility? I know about the scalper thing and the Larry King appearance in November (which has also fueled the rumor).

I am planning on going to at least 2 shows early next year, but this has made me kind of nervous. Is this all being blown out of proprotion or are there real reasons to think it might end? Just curious what you guys think. It doesn't take much for rumors to get started and I guess I just wanted to know if there are real reasons to believe this may end soon.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    larry king thing in november? I must be out of the loop- what's happening there Garth wise?
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Larry King went to see Garth play in Vegas and said on twitter it was an amazing show and Garth agreed to appear on Larry King live in November....

Just my thoughts on this is that IF the brokers are allowed to sell his tickets, I think he will quit the Vegas shows. He has worked his tail off to keep them from getting the tickets and it would kill him if they are allowed to. I think one of 2 things are going through his mind when he was asked that question. One was the brokers lawsuit and the other was if the shows don't sell out he won't want to continue. I mean we all know he loves to be on stage and we all know what it does to his ego, but I think he wonders how long he can continue to sell out (I believe he always will but he may not be as sure as we are) so he may question that aspect as well. We just need to pray that the brokers lose the lawsuit and won't be able to sell the tickets. If they win I think he will quit, but I also think he should build it in Oklahoma and with total ownership he could do whatever he wants, unless of course there are laws there to allow the brokers to scalp the tickets as well.
    And now, I'm glad I didn't know,
    the way it all would end, the way it all would go, our lives are better left to chance, I could have missed the pain, but I'd have had to miss, the Dance.

Hoping he does continue because I was hoping to possibly go to Vegas around February for my B-day (of course his too). But whatever he decides I am good with because
    Scalpers..well..not real crazy about them either...
    Being from the Miami area..do you know how much a Miami Heat ticket (Lebron, Wade, Bosh) goes for now from a scalpers cost..it's just wrong!!

Cheri

I think he's outta there if the scalper thing goes thru too.

I'm hoping...

I'm hoping that it is the scalper thing because I don't know that they can get permission to do that. Hard for me to imagine how Wynn can't have control of how he sells tickets for a theater that he owns.

I haven't gotten to go to Vegas yet, but my wife and I are planning on hitting the first round of shows next year. Hope he hangs in at least that long.

I too am planning on going to a Garth show in 2011. I just didn't have the money to go this year.

I'll bet he is going to make his announcement on Larry King in November, whether he is bowing out early, or gonna stick around for a little longer.
    ~"Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tide."~
    ~"Blood is thicker than water, but love is thicker than blood."~
    -Garth Brooks

what's going with the scalping this time?

I just have a feeling that way too much was made of Garth avoiding the question about next year. I figure he didn't commit because he doesn't want to say, "Yeah, I'll be here" and then something comes up where he decides to bow out. I think Garth will stick with it (because he is a guy of principle) unless something drastic happens like it impacts family life in a negative way or the scalpers are able to get hands on tickets. Those things are possible, but not likely.

I think the Larry King thing probably has more to do with Larry King being at a show and inviting Garth to appear than an "announcement". He's been there a year and a little promotion for the show won't hurt ticket sales Just a little reminder to non-Garth nutts that he is still there.

This is the first I've heard about a Larry King interview.

I'll be surprised if Garth stops the Vegas shows. However, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't have some kind of news to tell Larry. Garth does like to do those things and Larry is supposed to end his show sometime this Fall...could be a nice ratings grab

Maybe the interview / appearance on Larry King has more to do with Larry King retiring. Maybe he would like to have Garth on the show one more time before he retires???

somewhere between Nashville & Keetonville
    Maybe it's one of his usual November surprises? Some new product or something for those of us who are too broke to make Vegas?
    You and I keeping love alive till the last tear is cried.....

Perhaps hes leaving vegas and going to tour????

I think its just a rumour, there is no way scalpers would be able to get tickets to these vegas show, I had to pick up my ticket the day of the concert, i needed my credit card and passport, and then they put a wrist band on me and stamped my hand. So they have things in place to stop scalpers, BTW the show was amazing!!! :-)

The brokers are suing to be able to buy the tickets since it's legal in Vegas so IF a judge says they can, then it would have to be handled differently than when we all got our tickets by showing ID and all. I do believe that would be the ONLY reason he would stop anytime soon. It seems to be working out well with his girls and all so unless something very unexpected comes up, I don't see family being an issue. The Larry King thing, I believe is just about Larry retiring and wants him on the show again as well. Unless there is a new product for us to buy since he does like to announce things in November. I just think it's more about Larry wanting certain people on his show before he leaves.
    And now, I'm glad I didn't know,
    the way it all would end, the way it all would go, our lives are better left to chance, I could have missed the pain, but I'd have had to miss, the Dance.

We are planning on going back in March for my birthday so i'm hoping this is not true. I agree the Larry King show is about ratings and Larry's retirement.
    December in Nashville with Garth makes for a Very Merry Christmas!!!

Considering what Steve Wynn just did - Garth might have more of a reason than just scalpers. Complete and total BS!

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Garth-...94449.html?x=0
    "Nobody has a more sacred obligation to obey the law than those who make the law." --- Sophocles

Maybe Garth can build his own theater similar to the Encore in ...let's say near home in Oklahoma..............and he can perform there whenever he wants !!

We will visit Oklahoma just like we have Vegas....

I know he doesn't want to tour until the girls are all grown and out of school, but how about picking maybe 2 or 3 cities a year and doing several concerts (8 or 9) in each city. He wouldn't have to travel so much and we would still get to see him perform (or at least give us a better chance of seeing him perform). It wouldn't be the same as the Vegas perfomances in that it would be an arena instead of a small theater but it may be a more affordable option.

Pleasant Hill, Missouri (outside of kansas city)
    Quote Originally Posted by charles View Post
    maybe garth can build his own theater similar to the encore in ...let's say near home in oklahoma..............and he can perform there whenever he wants !!

We will visit oklahoma just like we have vegas....
    i think this is a fabulous idea!!! :d
    *AMANDA BROOKE*

"Listen not to the critics, who put their own dreams on the shelf.
    If you wanna get the truth to admit it, you gotta find out for yourself...How you ever gonna know?"
    -GARTH BROOKS-

I think if Garth wanted to perform close to home he would have had concerts at the BOK.. Just saying

Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    Maybe Garth can build his own theater similar to the Encore in ...let's say near home in Oklahoma..............and he can perform there whenever he wants !!

We will visit Oklahoma just like we have Vegas....
    I would personally love that and so would the economy here!
    December in Nashville with Garth makes for a Very Merry Christmas!!!

^^ I would make the trip at least twice a year with no regrets...

+ Reply to Thread