+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How many times have you seen GB?

How many times have you seen GB?

How bout a silly little poll? I'd love to know how many times any of you have been to see Garth! And how bout a separate count for concerts where Garth was the headliner, vs "appearances" at the Opry, spring training, Leno, visits to the gates, etc.

As for myself, I've seen 15 Garth concerts, with # 16 (and hopefully 17!) coming Valentine's weekend in Vegas. And I've seen him 3 *extra* times. (spring training and Opry)

Just for fun. Not trying to start a who-is-the-biggest-fan debate

Jody

Vegas will be lucky number 7 as far as concerts go for me!!! I also saw him at The View, Rosie, Conan and whatever the morning talk show was that had the mom from The Brady Bunch back when he did his CG album release. I can never seem to remember what that was. LOL
    Hope

"It was your song that made me sing, It was your voice that gave me wings."

I think it has been 17 shows, but there may have been one or two that I'm missng. I can tell you better where I saw him, but I did multiple shows in some locations. My virgin show was in August 1996 in Portland, Maine. Since then, I've seen him in Boston, MA (two shows in April 1997); Worcester, MA (April 1997); Tampa, FL (multiple shows in October 1998); Kansas City, MO (multiple shows in November 2007); Los Angeles, CA (multiple shows in January 2008); and Las Vegas, NV (two shows in January 2010). For other times, I've seen him at Fan Fair (June 11, 1996 at 11:45pm about halfway through his 23-1/2 hour autograph session), Opry (October 2000), Lime Creek Christmas (December 2001), and spring training in Surprise, Arizona (March 2004).

Paula

Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

I've seen Garth in concert 6 times. I attended all 5 benefit concerts at the "Staples Center" in Los Angeles. I also attended his "Coast to Coast to Coast" (farewell) concert at the "Forum" in Los Angeles. I saw him for the first time at the "Hollywood Bowl" in 2000, when he was inducted into the "Hollywood Bowl Hall of Fame". I don't count that as a concert because he only perfomed a few songs.
    Bee

I have seen 4 concerts - Toronto 1996, Buffalo 1998 and 2 shows in Kansas City (2007). I also went to the Opry in 2000 and am very much looking forward to Vegas at the end of Feb

I've seen him in concert six times! Five where in in two days time! *L* I went to the Firefighters benifit concert in L.A. and went to all five shows. The first show that was aired on TV, I got some camera time from sitting in the pit.

I've seen him on Leno at least six times. I lost count.

I think we seen him 17 times in concert and one awesome day at the BOK in Tulsa.

So if I counted correctly it will be 18 and 19 next month. I can't get enough...ever.
    I love this thread. People here think its great instead of "are you nuts."
    Looking forward to 2015.

What a fun post. Ok, haven't seen him a lot of times, but it's been a span of several years, so I have to think...

Concord Pavilion opening for Reba-must have been '90 or '91. "Saw" him in '91 at the Saddlerack in San Jose-met him and went on his bus, but had to listen to the concert from outside as I didn't have a ticket. Went to his final Fan Club party in '93 during Fan Fair, where he performed all the songs from "Ropin the Wind" before it was released. 3 other times at various venues here in the bay area, 1 of the shows in LA, and twice so far the first weekend in Vegas. So, looks like 9.

Not nearly enough, but spent the years in between raising my daughter. I plan to see a LOT of him in Vegas.

I've seen him 4 times - Oklahoma City in July 1997, Kansas City in November of 2007, and twice in Las Vegas, New Years weekend 2010. Perhaps someday I'll actually get to see him in the city I actually live in (when he came to Houston on the last world tour, the shows sold out before my parents could get tickets).

Here's my followup question: how young were you at your first Garth show?

My Mom and Grandmom took me to Oklahoma City in 1997 when I was 7 years old. I am particularly proud because it wasn't like I just got to go along when I was young - we only went because I wanted to see him (not that my family doesn't like it too, I'm just the catalyst for al these trips).

Once in concert and once at a softball game with his kids.

edit: Oh, and once at Walmart. He was filming a commercial that I'm pretty sure never aired...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Sevens View Post
    Once in concert and once at a softball game with his kids.

edit: Oh, and once at Walmart. He was filming a commercial that I'm pretty sure never aired...
    Very, very, cool, Mr. Sevens!
    Susan

Two concerts in Detroit (both prior to 1996 but I don't remember exactly when), 1 spring training game with the Royals in 2004, Hollywood Bowl 2009 (he talked but didn't sing) and once in Vegas New Year's Weekend.

Oh ya and he stood me up once--I had a tix to see him in spring training when he was with the Padres but then his mom was sick & he had to leave town so he wasn't at the game.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    3 times

June (or july?) 1992
    August 1993
    July 1996
    (saw him in the theaters too but dont' count that as I wasn't THERE... should have been though)

would love to see him in vegas- but it doesn't look likely...
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

I saw him in concert five times and then I saw him in the theater one time. I saw him in Lafayette, Louisiana once, Baton Rouge three times, and in Atlanta one time. Then we went to Baton Rouge to see him in the theater.

3 live concerts Central Park 1997 & 2 in Philly 1998
    other live appearances
    Press Conference w Philly Mayor to announce Garth Brooks Week
    Declaration of Independence – WSBF
    GMA- MTAM & The Pink UH CD
    Good Ride Cowboy- Times Square
    Christmas Tree Lighting Rockefeller Center
    God willing …Vegas 2010

Fun topic Jody

Quote Originally Posted by TheAlpadacas View Post
    I've seen him 4 times - Oklahoma City in July 1997, Kansas City in November of 2007, and twice in Las Vegas, New Years weekend 2010. Perhaps someday I'll actually get to see him in the city I actually live in (when he came to Houston on the last world tour, the shows sold out before my parents could get tickets).

Here's my followup question: how young were you at your first Garth show?

My Mom and Grandmom took me to Oklahoma City in 1997 when I was 7 years old. I am particularly proud because it wasn't like I just got to go along when I was young - we only went because I wanted to see him (not that my family doesn't like it too, I'm just the catalyst for al these trips).
    I was 12 the first time I saw Garth. So that would make me, huh 32. Yeah, that sounds about right.
    Looking forward to 2015.

3 times....soon to be 4 in a couple weeks.
    1996 in Hamilton, Ontario
    2007, two shows in Kansas City

-Susan-

I've seen Garth three times, all in the month of November in 2007. I met Garth, got my picture taken with him, got his autograph, and actually had an awesome conversation with him on November 4th, 2007. He was receiving the Will Rogers Spirit Award in Tulsa. I then saw him four days later on November 8th, 2007 in KC (I even told him I would be there). Lastly, I saw him at the Oklahoma Centennial Celebration on November 16, 2007. My voice could be heard on youtube screaming out, "I love you Garth!"
    ~"Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tide."~
    ~"Blood is thicker than water, but love is thicker than blood."~
    -Garth Brooks

September 1993 - Texas Stadium in Irving, Texas (disc 2 in the ENTERTAINER DVD set)

The first time I saw him was in 1996 at Cooper Stadium in Columbus Oh. Saw him in Cincinnati Oh like 2 weeks later. Traveled to IN, KS and now Las Vegas. So 5 times for me and I will make it back to Vegas this year!!!
    KIM

Seen Garth in concert

I live in the Netherlands.
    So i have not seen Garth so match in concert.
    I have seen him in April 1994 in concert In Rotterdam the Netherlands
    Than in October 1994 in Aberdeen schotland
    and than again in november 1995 in Amsterdam the Netherlands.

And now i go to Las vegs to see Garth there on Feb.12 cant wait..

all the best Ineke

Once cause he rarely come to st Louis but It was the best concert I ever seen Fresh Horses tour 1996

The big zip. Well, once if you count the Centenial concert at the Ford Center in OKC, but he was so far away. I've seen a Garth look alike. One time 15 + years ago, there was a guy came in our yard wanting to buy hay and he looked so much like Garth I had to do a double take. Even my best friend at the time, who wasn't much of a Garth fan said he looked like Garth.

-Alicia

The first time I saw Garth live in concert was around 1996 in San Diego, I saw him twice in KC, once at the L.A. Firefighters benefit concerts, and most recently in Las Vegas. I've also met him a few times (and gotten pictures/autographs) outside of the Tonight Show with Jay Leno and saw him at the Hollywood Bowl Hall of Fame induction.

14 times.

My first Garth concert was in May of 96 in Kansas City. I had most of my family with me and I (okay, mostly Garth) converted them to GB and country music. I was 21.
    1 time in Cheyenne, Wyoming for the 100th Frontier Days
    1 time in Stlouis in October 96
    2 times in Champaign, IL March 97
    2 times in Chicago, December 97

After 10 years of waiting patiently...
    November 5, 2007 in Kansas City from the 3rd row. Greatest 2 hours ever! Amazing.
    November 9, 2007 in Kansas City

5 times. January 25-26 LA Benefit Firefighter Concert.

I'm heading out to Vegas in late March hoping to pick up a pair of tickets then. Great topic. I hope everyone can add to their totals over the next few years.

How Many Times?

Going to have to get back to you on this one as I don't have it memorized. My daughters probably know better than I do! I think we have exceeded the 20 show mark though. April of 1990 was the first I think at the Circle Star in San Carlos, and the theatre was half empty. Garth did a big part of the show on a stool all by himself and we loved it. Lots of concerts in-between and most recently 3 in KC and 5 in LA. Leaving Friday for Vegas and can hardly wait!

All right...

Well my Garth concert adventure should have started when I was about 7 or 8 in Odessa, TX. That was in like 92 or 93 I think. But my mother forgot to call for tickets the morning of the show and by the time she remembered, it was too late of course. Let just say I was one unhappy kid.

So fast forward to July of 1997 when I was 12. That was back when they were limiting the people that could call in to only a certain area code. So we drove like 60 miles just to call from a pay phone to try to get tickets to the Amarillo shows. Well it didn't work out and they sold out before we got in... So I thought my hopes were over. Turned out my mother had a friend who was living in Amarillo at the time. Her partner was managing the Hastings store up there and it turned out them some tickets to the concerts. Well she wasn't a country fan, and my moms friend knew I was a a big fan, so they ended up giving us their tickets. Which looking back on it was a really cool thing to do and I should remember to thank them again one day. So my mother made it up to me...

So the fall of 1998 rolls around and it's announced that Garth has added a final stop to his world tour in College Station. Well of course no one knew when he was going to tour again, so I started begging my parents. My dad didn't get to go to the first concert and told me he wanted to go just to see my reaction to a Garth Brooks concert. We decided to make it a big family and friends trip down there. So four or five of us were calling for tickets the morning they went on sale. Of course we couldn't get in at all for the first show that went on sale, but finally on either the second or third show we got through. So the first night at College Station I was there... really cool that I got to do that with my father while he was alive.

I wanted to go to South Padre island of course, but it was too soon after the other concerts to talk my parents into it.

So nine years later, when it was me in control of ticket buying(well with the blessing of my indulgent hubby), of course I was on the computer ready to get tickets for KC if at all possible. I ended up going to 3 shows(one on my own). All I could swing during the semester.

A couple months later came LA... my hubby must be a glutton for punishment... At one point I had tickets to all 5 shows. In the end I forfeited two of them so we could have a little time for sight seeing and things that might be more fun for him. So we saw three.

Then there's Vegas... I got to see three awesome shows(one by myself) there on January 23rd and 24th(still need to post about them, but I've been so busy). Got to say though that 10:30 pm Sat show 4th row... just about the coolest thing ever. Although the late show on Saturday(I believe) in LA was pretty darn spectacular.

So by my count that's 11 between the ages of 12 to 25. It could have been a little more, but I've been blessed to see as many as I have. Hopefully I'll make that closer to 20 over the next 5 years of Vegas.... and a few more in 2014 and 2015. It has been one heck of a ride GB! Thank you...
    Last edited by EveryNow&Then; 02-11-2010 at 12:51 AM.

I have seen garth brooks 4 Times

After the past weekend I'm up to 17. Woo hoo

+ Reply to Thread