+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Garth selected for the OSU Hall of Fame

Garth selected for the OSU Hall of Fame

Country music legend Garth Brooks and sports stars Barry Sanders and Robin Ventura have been selected for the Oklahoma State University Alumni Hall of Fame.

The three honorees will be grand marshals for OSU's homecoming parade in October and will present student homecoming awards.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/artic...0_Countr728551
    "Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass....it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Awesome another honor for the GMan
    Thanks Lene

I'll be there for that! Go Pokes! And congrats Garth. Another chance to see the G-Man, this time in Oklahoma State gear? It doesn't get much better than that.
    ~"Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tide."~
    ~"Blood is thicker than water, but love is thicker than blood."~
    -Garth Brooks

Another article

Brooks, Sanders and Ventura will serve as Grand Marshals for OSU Homecoming on Oct. 17. The three will lead the Sea of Orange Homecoming parade and be recognized during OSU’s football game against Missouri. They also will present the student Homecoming awards. The OSU Band will perform special music to honor the three OSU greats. The OSU Alumni Association presents “America’s Greatest Homecoming Celebration” each year.

http://news.okstate.edu/index.php/ne...-hall-of-fame-

What are the odds of getting close enough to meet him? I would drive 6 hrs if I had a chance to get a pic with hin!

I'd say pretty good. I didn't think that I'd get close to him at the BOK Center opening and that worked out pretty good (to say the least). I'm thinking this is a definite "to do" this fall. I'm sure he'll be signing autographs.
    Looking forward to 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by iriscrazy View Post
    I'd say pretty good. I didn't think that I'd get close to him at the BOK Center opening and that worked out pretty good (to say the least). I'm thinking this is a definite "to do" this fall. I'm sure he'll be signing autographs.
    Very happy for all my PG friends for this upcoming event! Super!
    Susan

Congrats Garth!

I'm interested to hear what the 'special music' that the band plays is going to be. Since the other two honorees are sports stars, how much do you think will be Garth music??

Just curious,
    J. Rusin
    Eagle Scout

"I could have missed the pain, but I'd of had to miss THE DANCE"

One song they will be playing is Cowboys Forever, which you can listen to here
    http://www.johnmartinlive.com/

Would anyone be up for getting together us PG'ers together for a road trip?

I remember years ago GARTH saying. If were not watching Barry Sanders play football on Thanksgiving Day, then we might as well not even carve the Turkey. (or something close to that..lol) I never knew they both went to OSU. Im sure Barry in a few years older than GARTH..

Maybe they will cover it on one of the sports shows :-)
    To keep harmony in your marriage,Keep in tune with Jesus Christ.

Actually, Garth is older than Barry Sanders. Barry was born in 1968, and left Oklahoma State in 1988 just short of his senior year, after he won the Heisman trophy.
    ~"Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tide."~
    ~"Blood is thicker than water, but love is thicker than blood."~
    -Garth Brooks

Cool, Im sure Garth is going to have a Blast at that Parade.

A little Garthy story....I'm on a break at work, and this young lady comes up to me wearing an OSU T-shirt. I said, "Oklahoma State University: My favorite singer of all time graduated from there. "Who's your favorite singer?" she asked. "Garth Brooks," I said, "I've been a fan of his music my whole life. And I've got the DVD where he talks about going to OSU and saying, "Go 'Pokes. O-S-U!" She said, "That's how the cheerleaders say it. Correct moves and all." I said "I give the credit to Garth.

8:15 p.m. - Missouri vs. OSU - Boone Pickens Stadium (Televised by ESPN2) Watch the Cowboys take on the Missouri Tigers, the crowning of the 2009 Homecoming Royalty and the induction of Garth Brooks, Barry Sanders and Robin Ventura into the OSU Alumni Hall of Fame.
    http://www.okstate.com/sports/m-foot...100609aaa.html

Thanks for the heads up. Guess I know where I'll be at 9:15pm Eastern time on October 17. This will mark the first time my television has ever been on ESPN2.

Paula

Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

In the USA, the best country in the world
    will ESPN2 cover the introductions, though? sounds like it's something that'd happen at halftime
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

The parade will also be broadcast live on orangeconnection.org and Stillwater cable channel 16 with a preparade broadcast beginning approximately one hour before the parade start time.

http://orangeconnection.org/s/860/ho...gid=1&pgid=428

Parade route

If anyone finds a copy of the parade route would you please post it. If I find one I'll do the same. I've emailed one of the parade committee members asking for directions but I haven't received a reply.
    Looking forward to 2015.

Just wanted to bump this up to the top since, with all the Las Vegas talk, some of us may have forgotten about this event today. The parade will be broadcast live online at www.orangeconnection.org at 2pm Central time, although I don't know if you have to register at the site in order to access the live feed. There is a pre-parade broadcast that begins an hour earlier, but I don't know if that will be shown strictly on Stillwater cable channel 16.

The game will be on ESPN2 beginning at 8:15pm Central.

Paula

Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

Thanks for the reminder, Paula!

~Ann~

Just an update, for those who are going to be watching the game for any Garth-sighings, from http://blog.newsok.com/bamsblog/2009...r-oct-17-2009/
    My alma mater, Oklahoma State University, is celebrating homecoming with events including the 2 p.m. Sea of Orange Parade in downtown. This year’s OSU Alumni Hall of Fame inductees – Garth Brooks, Barry Sanders and Robin Ventura – will be the grand marshals of the parade.

They also will be recognized during halftime of the OSU-Missouri football game. Kickoff is set for 8:15 p.m. at Boone Pickens Stadium. The game will air on ESPN2.
    Paula

Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

Anybody have a clue whether EPSN2 will air the halftime show? Or are halftime breaks usually spent for commersials and analysis? I guss the time will be about 4 or 5 am here when it's half time. If there is no point at all to stay awake, I might as well wait to see pictures from the ceremony afterwards...

It was just commented as people were entering the stadium "is that Garth Brooks over his left shoulder, yeah. (...) We'll talk about that in the telecast."

In my house they are flipping beteween the OSU game the Alabama game & the Yankee game I got some strange looks when I said I just want to watch half time of OSU
    Thank God for DVR's

An article on yesterday's events - http://www.newsok.com/garth-brooks-s...rticle/3410126

Paula

Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by saxman View Post
    Would anyone be up for getting together us PG'ers together for a road trip?
    Great idea!
    Susan

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    An article on yesterday's events - http://www.newsok.com/garth-brooks-s...rticle/3410126

Paula

Thanks Paula, there's some great pics on there too!

-Susan-

Really, really interesting!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQJB2hH8tmc

+ Reply to Thread