+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Garth Must be Busy (ft. Brooks and Dunn)

Garth Must be Busy (ft. Brooks and Dunn)

So, i dunno if you guys have heard this yet! But Cledus T. Judd just came out with a hilarious spoof of Brooks and Dunn's "God Must Be Busy" called "Garth Must Be Busy." They sing it with him too, its really funny. And something I think we all agree with! Here's a link to the song!

mms://wm.allaccess.com/allaccess/cledgart.wma

somewhere between Nashville & Keetonville
    I miss Garth too! BUT, I could do without the snotty Chris Gaines comment.

Sherry
    You and I keeping love alive till the last tear is cried.....

I'm shocked that I find that clever as I'm not a fan of his. Didn't care for the Chris Gaines reference, and I doubt GB has a minivan, but overall I like it.
    "Grace is when God gives us what we don't deserve and mercy is when God doesn't give us what we do deserve" - Dan Roberts

Okay call me less than a true Garth fan, but I like it. Doesn't bother me that he makes a crack about Chris Gaines, lots of people didn't get that. And the Ultimate Hits was what two years ago now? And 1/2 of that was old stuff. I want totally new music too dang it LOL
    Pammy

Watch a flock of birds against the morning sun
    Close your eyes and listen to the river run
    Catch a firefly in your hand or a raindrop on your tongue. That's right ....

There is a God There is a God There is a God
    How much proof do you need?

There Is A God- Trent Willmon

The CG cd is one of my favorites but the line works in the song which I think is brilliant ..
    I'm sure the 'cept Chesney's grown' won't go over well with some either but I don't care you you are, that right there is funny
    I can't wait to see the video.

We miss you Garth !
    ---------------------------------
    ... it sure do matter to me
    ==========================
    Always Smilin'
    - Wendy Jo
    ==========================

I didn't care for the CG remark either and Garth driving a minivan? Otherwise I liked it.
    According to The Boot... Cledus also does a parody of Strait’s I Saw God Today called I Saw Garth Today
    http://www.theboot.com/2009/01/07/cl...tin-on-obama1/

I guess that I'm easily entertained. I loved it. Yeah, I'd changed a line or 2 but it made me laugh. I'd like to hear I Saw Garth Today too.
    Looking forward to 2015.

I think its great. I bet GARTH loves it too!

Have a great weekend all,

Lisa
    To keep harmony in your marriage,Keep in tune with Jesus Christ.

I liked it. I thought it was funny. His CD with "I saw Garth today" (Polyrically Uncorrect) doesn't get released until 6/30/09, though. I guess when Garth isn't releasing anything new, we have to settle for the next best thing.....songs about him.
    "You know the woman wants her cowboy....."

I think that the lyrics to this Cledus version are very clever (and rather sweet), but why did he have to pick one of my favorite Brooks and Dunn songs. "God must be Busy" is a very emotional song and to "make fun" of it, spoils the song for me. I think Brooks and Dunn were great sports to go along with the "spoof" and even sing with Cledus. But, still it takes something away from the original. Two of my other favorite songs are George Strait's "I saw God Today" and Brooks and Dunn's "Believe". Again, to make a spoof of a very sweet George Strait song, takes something away from it, too. I think Cledus' heart was in the right place and he meant no offense to the original versions of the two songs. Plus, he was trying to express the feelings of a lot of Garth's fans. But, still his "spoofs" take something, the real emotions of those two songs, away and spoil them.
    Bee

OM Gosh LOL

I Freakin LOVE this song! I was laughing my butt off. I really want to hear "I Saw Garth Today" too. This is so , and I so needed a RGM!

Thanks for sharing it with all of us!

Take Care & God Bless,
    ~*Kristen*~

Ha, that is brilliant. It's real funny. Its the first song i ever heard of this Cledus T Judd. Who is he?

Search him on youtube and watch some of his videos.

I think alot of his songs are Great and very Funny.

He takes popular country songs and creates parodies out of them. He's very funny.
    "You know the woman wants her cowboy....."

ha finally another good song by Cledus....I think this is FANTASTIC!!!!! The words are actually EXCELLENT ...love that B&D are part of it too....re-listen to all the words..I think this song is spot freaking on..especially the part about country music all sounding the same since Garth went home...very very true...where's the excitement of the mid-late 90's again ...GB carried on his shoulders every 90's act from the popular Travis Tritt to the barely heard of James Bonamy...admit it or not..it's true...all the 90's careers existed because GB brought the ears in to hear them....now he's gone...and Country Radio is just Jonas brothers for hicks..and bubble gum music for teenagers...thats it and thats all...
    wow that turned into a rant..i'm going back to my corner now
    Last edited by AronP24; 05-10-2009 at 10:19 PM.

This song is actually really funny....And normally I am not a fan of Mr. Judds music.It's actually really well put together...and to hear Ronnie Dunn ( who has a killer voice btw) on there shows that he's a good sport and has a sense of humor.Good job to a fellow Georgia boy...Barry Poole a.k.a Cledus T. Judd

Ok...seriously funny! I love that B&D sing on it, too. That makes it even funnier. Love the comment about being home with Trisha and the kids and the stuff about the record label being mad at him is really too funny!

Cledus can be funny when he wants to be. I liked "Cledus Went Down to Florida," which has a GB mention. The song's story tells how a bank reposseses Cledus' pickup and he steals a gold Pinto, which breaks down en route to Georgia, where he is supposed to open for Garth, but if he fails to show up, Jeff Foxworthy would fill in for him as Garth's opening act. Cledus eventually makes it to Georgia, but Foxworthy has already replaced him, and he gets busted for stealing the car, but Foxworthy bails him out with the money Garth gave him for opening up the show.

The lyrics of the last verse:
    Cledus shook his head as he watched Foxworthy's show
    An' heard him joke of how he passed a burning gold Pinto
    Then later on, Garth told Cledus, "You'll never get the chance again"
    As he gave a check to that dern redneck who drove a Mercedes Benz

That was funny, but him SINGING about Garth being out of the country scene? No. I would rather not hear that.

BLL you'd be surprised! I'm more buddy than fan, but yes Garth does drive a minivan, our girls play ball together, and I've always admired what a normal father daughter(s) relationship he has with them.

I loved it, I can't wait to hear I saw Garth Today!
    At least we can hear others sing about him until we can get something new from The Man himself.
    December in Nashville with Garth makes for a Very Merry Christmas!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rewhyuk View Post
    BLL you'd be surprised! I'm more buddy than fan, but yes Garth does drive a minivan, our girls play ball together, and I've always admired what a normal father daughter(s) relationship he has with them.
    Welcome to PG. You're preaching to a large choir here about how normal Garth is. Many have met him, both in public and outside his homes, and he is very down-to-earth, just one of the many qualities we love about him.

Paula

Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

Garth is so real and down to earth. We love that about him. It's one of the reasons he has the strong connection to his fans in a way that I have never seen at any other show.
    The music is a reflection of the man and we all love them both! At most shows the fans are watching the show. At a Garth show, the fans are PART OF the show. It is a very cool thing. I was at all 5 LA shows and had the weedend of a lifetime. Tell our Gman we said Hi. Tell him we miss him and want him back!

-Monica

the video

"I've never stayed awake at night over chances I've taken that I have failed, but I've stayed awake at night of chances I didn't take." -GB

I love the video!!!! It makes me miss him even more and I didn't know that was possible.

I just had the biggest laugh today watching the video on youtube. Its so funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAyXL47uyGw

[QUOTE=kissncry;397905]I miss Garth too! BUT, I could do without the snotty Chris Gaines comment.

I miss Garth, too and agree with you...
    Susan

Sherry[/QUO

He's an awesome person; say hello to the GMAN from a Connecticut fan!
    Susan

I think it's brilliant lol.
    That's the way I remember it, I remember it that way
    From the day I was living it, I remember it that way
    Some of our stories fade as we grow older
    Some get sweeter every time they're told
    That's the way, I remember it that way

hey yall,

I was just sitting here watching GAC On the Streets and they just showed the video for "Garth Must Be Busy"... I loved the song the 1st time i heard it but seeing the video to go with it makes it PRICELESS!!! i found it on youtube and thought you guys might like to see it too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAyXL47uyGw

ENJOY!!!!!
    Misty Winters
    Broomfield, CO

I thought the people crying was a stupid idea, IMO. You get the feeling as if he has died. But that Garth impersonator had me rolling. And where are Kix and Ronnie? I hate it when an artist does a collaboration and then they make the video without the other artist.
    I miss Garth, but he's not too far away - the 115 tracks on my MP3 player and the Entertainer DVD are close by when I want to listen to him.

+ Reply to Thread