+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Garth In Ireland???

Garth In Ireland???

I've just heard from someone that I know, who's in the music industry (not very high up so I dont know if its true)that GB was over in Ireland last week. Anyone else hear this or know if its true. I thought it would have been in the papers had he been over this direction.

There was an article in a newspaper at home a couple of weeks ago that Garth was in talks about putting on up to 5 shows in Dublin. If he really was there last week there might be a lot of truth to it. I really, really hope so.

*primping for her passport photo shoot*

Oy frickin VEY!!!!!

LOL

Road Tripping (AGAIN!?!??!) Miss Lizzy
    "Time is a friend to all things good."

Any info on when these concerts are going to happen?

Well, there goes to budget! The almost maxed out card will need a helper for for this one...but I plan to go. Already told the hubby to get ready. He looked like a deer in the head lights.

i envy you guys who can just drop things and go - wish i could, but work & family won't allow it.

If he does do this and you guys get to go - you had better get us some good photos.
    Mammafox
    "When no one walks a step behind, when we are free to worship from our own kind of pews - WE SHALL BE FREE!!"

Man.. I Hope Garth will do some shows in Ireland, it's only a 2 hour flight for me!!! Woho!!
    Robert Wassink
    A Dutch Garthfan

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Wassink View Post
    Man.. I Hope Garth will do some shows in Ireland, it's only a 2 hour flight for me!!! Woho!!
    Robert...even if I can't, I sincerely hope that you can!!!
    As far as dropping everything...kids are grown, husband already knows I'm nuts, I have no other vices, and life is short. Sometimes a trip to the Dr. can really change your look on life.

I hope not (sounds anti-Garth, doesn't it?) on one reason alone... if Garth keeps doing this people are going to say he's out of retirement, he'll argue it, then he'll lose credibility with them.

The end of the year would be great. Looking for a place to go for a honeymoon. Ireland would be great and to top it off to have my two favorite men in the same room(new husband and Garth) would be killer! Its ok, husband to be knows Garth was here first.
    KIM

Quote Originally Posted by lucaswynne View Post
    I hope not (sounds anti-Garth, doesn't it?) on one reason alone... if Garth keeps doing this people are going to say he's out of retirement, he'll argue it, then he'll lose credibility with them.
    Well I hope he does go to Ireland for some concerts, because that would be the first time I would see him singing. After going to the Oklahoma Centinial show, I was verry disappointed that I didn't get to see him perform. I wasn't able to go to LA because off financial reasons. So I hope that an Ireland concert is going to happen.
    Robert Wassink
    A Dutch Garthfan

I get your point on that, I haven't seen him yet either. I just think if this is true he should have given us a list of all the concerts he has planned then go into retirement. But still, sounds just like a rumor to me.

Time will tell
    Robert Wassink
    A Dutch Garthfan

Here's what I think:

Garth did 2 locations in the US, One on each side of the country. He might feel like he should do a location for his international fans too. During every show in LA they announced "Garth Brooks World Tour 2008". I do not think for a second this was an accident. How can you have a World Tour without leaving the country? If you were Garth Brooks and you needed to pick an international location, where would you go? IRELAND!!!!! HANDS DOWN!!!
    Time will tell.... I will tell you this: I have been on the airline websites and I did a fare check on SJC to DUB. I did not like what I saw, but I did check it out!

A full tour is very different than doing a few key locations. Noone can question Garths commitment to his girls. A few locations does not take him away from the girls very long. He has more than demonstrated his love for his girls by not touring for ten years. It is not just any man who would give that up. And I do believe that we will wait for several more years before we see a full tour again.

-Monica

I didn't know they announced that. Was it Garth saying it as a joke or one of those announcer voices?

I'd surely say Ireland, just because he said he wanted to do something in remembrance of the guy that brough him over there as the concert promoter. Canada would be an option, but I'd say not very likely because the ease of access across the US borders and I think a lot of the Canadian fans with money headed to the KC concert.

Who knows, this is up in the air until we hear anything official.

The thing that makes me think it might be true is that Garth lives and dies by the rumor mill. Before anything happens, they'll leak something out so that everybody talks about it. Word of mouth is the best form of advertising.

The announcer did announce Garth Brooks World Tour 2008, but he made the same announcement in KC as the World Tour 2007 and we know Garth didn't perform any concerts outside the US last year.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    The announcer did announce Garth Brooks World Tour 2008, but he made the same announcement in KC as the World Tour 2007 and we know Garth didn't perform any concerts outside the US last year.
    Hmmm, I was not in KC so I did not know the announcer said that then too. Clearly Garth did not do an international show in 2007. I don't know what to make of the statement then. I guess the only way we will know is when and if it is announced officially.

-Monica

Oh you have to be kidding me. First Charley Pride then George Jones & everyone now Garth. What HAS Ireland got that Scotland doesn't?
    That's the way I remember it, I remember it that way
    From the day I was living it, I remember it that way
    Some of our stories fade as we grow older
    Some get sweeter every time they're told
    That's the way, I remember it that way

Quote Originally Posted by DavidN View Post
    Oh you have to be kidding me. First Charley Pride then George Jones & everyone now Garth. What HAS Ireland got that Scotland doesn't?

Irish?

No, I think that Ireland is good beacsue Garth did his first international show there, and it is sentimental to him.

I hope he does do Ireland ........ it would only be a 1 hour trip for me instead of 14hrs to LA (it was worth it though!!!!)

For me it would be a 2 hour flight...
    Let's hope it's gonna happen.
    Robert Wassink
    A Dutch Garthfan

It would be great if he did come back.

Good luck on getting a concert close to you!! It's an experience that everyone should get to share with friends and family!! I was blessed to get to go to KC and LA with my daughters and family. We love to relive both trips and laugh about all our memories and wild times before, during, and after the concerts. I highly recommend it!!

I am at a toss up on this one.

On one hand I would enjoy it being that I have always wanted to go to Ireland and visit. This would be two birds with one stone.

On the other hand I want to continue to save money for some other things that I have coming up.

If he does it, then I will be there. If he doesn't then I get to save money.

In the UK, praying there's intelligent life somewhere up in space
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidN View Post
    Personally I think we should have a separate show for every city in the world - Edinburgh and Back, Worcester and Back, Helsinki and Back, Berlin and Back, Barcelona and Back...

...and an additional special covering the exploits of the fans who made it to every show - and the state of exhaustion they were in afterwards!

Angela x
    (who was in Edinburgh a couple of weeks back - it was sunny!)
    Gyrrwch yn ofalus

No offence to anyone but I hate when artists do come over here, then I hear of fans from the US coming over to see them here. We hardly get to see them at all and it doesn't help when I read something from someone in the states saying "oh i'm going to all their shows there", it means someone here might not get to see them.
    That's the way I remember it, I remember it that way
    From the day I was living it, I remember it that way
    Some of our stories fade as we grow older
    Some get sweeter every time they're told
    That's the way, I remember it that way

Hi David-

I appreciate you taking the time to explain your thoughts on the issue. However, it should be noted that at the recent concerts in KC and LA, European and Australian Garth fans flew here to watch his shows. Many of them were PG members.

I guess I don't understand on why it can't be a two-way street.

well said thank you

No matter how many shows Garth does some fans will be left out. No matter where the show is people are going to travel from across the world to it. All I can say is best of luck to everyone whenever and wherever Garth does hit the stage again.

-Monica

"Gotta do whatcha gotta do."

+ Reply to Thread