+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HILARIOUS Garth video on You Tube!!!!!

HILARIOUS Garth video on You Tube!!!!!

Hey guys,

There is a new video on You Tube that is a tribute to his deal with Wal*Mart, and there's some funny stuff in it!

Check it out via this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1ssoX3TWsk

Hope you like it!
    Somewhere other than the night, she needs to hear "I love you"

That video was funny
    I'm working 4 a livin to keep a light on!!

I don't think this should be posted on what's supposed to be a Garth fan site.

I personally dislike Walmart and I wasn't too happy that Garth signed an exclusive deal. Of course I went out and got the stuff, but if it would have been available somewhere else, I would have been willing to pay double for it and I'm pretty much broke. I've seen what Walmart can do to small towns.

With that being said...
    I don't think they should have included Garth in this. When Garth signed the deal I HIGHLY doubt he was thinking about the wage and health care problems at Walmart, he was thinking about the fans getting his music for cheaper. Now after the Walmart deal he has extremely low prices on his CDs everywhere, and it's awesome. So maybe something good did come out of it.

There were only two funny things in the whole video; the "don't get sick" health plan and the guys singing... somebody needs to be told they can't sing!

I'm happy Garth ended the deal with WalMart.

I'm torn

as to whether I want to see the video posted removed, or that last waste of space regarding your personal views on wal mart...i did find it especially funny and a bit hypocritical that you hate wal mart, yet paid them your hard earned money for Garth merch. its funny where we all draw the line isn't it? Ok poster you've had your 15 minutes of fame, ranting about wal mart- lets move on... I thought it was funny and think that the post did have something that Garth fans would enjoy and THAT is why we are here...no?

That was funny.....

I'm obviously not going to argue on a message board, it's pretty pointless.

But I'll tell you the reason I bought it was because I'm a Garth fan.

What ever went wrong with the Walmart deal, does anybody know? There must be a reason Garth didn't resign?

Ok, after I've cooled down a little bit.

gbwnab, I'm sorry if I offended you by saying I don't like Walmart, I truly am. Is it hypocritical, you bet it is. But to be honest, Walmart has been in this town longer than I have and me getting a CD from there isn't the difference between them closing and staying open.

When you talk to a family with three kids that goes from middle-class to poor in the matter of a couple months because Walmart moved into town and undercut them, you'd dislike them too.

I understand what you're saying by we're here for Garth stuff. But by no means will I apologize for disliking the video. It shines a negative light on Garth and I highly doubt he'd approve of it. I don't understand how a fan could enjoy it.

I'm not quite sure how you can call me hypocritical. You enjoy a video that's making fun of walmart, yet scrutinize me for saying I don't like walmart. That doesn't make any sense.

I'm not trying to argue with you, I'm just stating my opinion.

I am guessing that the reason that he didn't resign is because he wanted to try his own distribution through all stores seeing as how Pearl Records is his own personal label that he started back in 1993. And so far it seems to be working well. I applaud him for splitting with Capitol and getting his masters and doing his own distribution. Every artist should have their own label and distribute their work themselves.

He probably signed the Wal*Mart deal in the first place because maybe at the time he couldn't afford to distribute himself and he needed someone to do it for him, that way he could save up money to do it himself. But then again, Wal*Mart were the ones that wanted him exclusively, so maybe he thought of signing for what I just said above.

What does everybody think of all of this?
    Somewhere other than the night, she needs to hear "I love you"

I think every artist deserves their masters.

I'm happy he's distributed by Big Machine now, they're doing a great job and getting him in every store I've walked into... chains and independent record shops included.

Funny stuff

somewhere between Nashville & Keetonville
    If it weren't so sad, it would be funny.

Sherry

I have been a huge Garth fan from the start but come on that was funny. I would be willing to bet Garth got a kick out of that one himself. I have no problem with Wal Mart my wife comes from a small town and before Wal Mart came there they had a Dillions that jacked up the price of everything cause you had no choice cause the only other choice was to drive an hour away to buy grocery's. Why did Garth not resign with Wal Mart? I believe he signed to do X amount of stuff with them and when his contract was over it was over I dont think Garth ever intended to put out his music throu Wal Mart the rest of his life. I thought it was funny that if you go to Wal Mart his new CD is 12 dollars but if you go to Target it is 16 dollars dont get that but what ever.

I got The Ultimate Hits for $11.99 at BestBuy. I know Best Buy will price-match but I don't know about Target.

Just by looking at it and not thinking off things, such as opinions about Wallmart, the role off Garth in this movie, etc. It is a funny movie, that's what I think,... But I think Garth wont like it.
    Robert Wassink
    A Dutch Garthfan

+ Reply to Thread