+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Seating - Staples Centre

Seating - Staples Centre

Hi All,

I'm wondering if anyone can help me out with explaining the seating at the Staples Centre.

Ive looked at the maps but ah well.....I have tickets in the what they call the Premier Sections......

How high up are they? I had it mentioned to me they could be behind glass, anybody know if this could be true?

Thanks for any help you can give me,

Rachael
    The song Love Will Always Win is me, it is Trisha and myself, its Us - Garth Brooks
    http://www.brooksnyearwood.com

If I remember right, PR seating is the next level above floor, near the stage area. The map at Staples shows you where they are located.

According to the seating charts (maps) that I've seen, the Premier seats are one level above the Lower Level Lodge seats, they are numbered 1 through 18. The Premier seats run along each side of the basketball court or hockey ice. Which makes them sort of in the middle of the arena (center court or center ice). I believe the Premier seats are on the same level as the 200 numbered sections. The 200 numbered sections are at either end of the area. For Basketball and/or Hockey, Premier seats are supposed to have some VIP perks, such as their own food and beverage concessions. I don't know if those perks will be available at Garth's concerts. A general seating chart for concerts is available at
    http://www.ticketmaster.com/seatingchart/73985/21323
    Bee

Quote Originally Posted by CountryBee View Post
    Premier seats are supposed to have some VIP perks, such as their own food and beverage concessions. I don't know if those perks will be available at Garth's concerts. A general seating chart for concerts is available at
    http://www.ticketmaster.com/seatingchart/73985/21323
    Bee
    Premier Level will give you a Private Entrance into the arena. Look for it when you get there, and it will save you time waiting in the regular lines. The escalator will then take you directly up to your level, so if you want to see the main level of the arena first, then don't use the "private" entrance.

You'll have certain food and alcohol choices on this level, and the lines are generally less. Bathrooms less crowded as well. Some food choices like McDonalds & Wetzels Pretzels, are on the lower level, however.

We have seat in 334 for Sat. night. Does anyone know how bad these seats are? We are on row 2 and I was told that this is the first row but I don't know that for sure. My sister has floor 2, row 5 for Sat. 1p show. I'm afraid that she won't be able to see a thing. Anyone have any thoughts? KC was so much fun. I hope LA will be even more!

Thanks for the help everyone, cant wait for Jan 25th to arrive for another Garth Party.

Rachael
    The song Love Will Always Win is me, it is Trisha and myself, its Us - Garth Brooks
    http://www.brooksnyearwood.com

If I remember correctly, the 300 level seats are at the very top of the Staples Center. They are above two or three levels of "Luxury Suites". I caught a glimpse of the top level the other night while watching an L. A. Lakers basketball game. If you want to get a glimpse of the Staples Center, then try to catch a TV broadcast of a Lakers, Clippers (basketball) or Kings (hockey) home game.
    Bee

PR Seating at Staples

I went to Van Halen last month and going tomorrow night at the Stapels Center. Both shows our seats are in PR18 just left of the stage. They will be amazing seats for a Garth concert, full view of everything he does on stage. It was good for VH as well, but for their show, they have a huge curtain behind the stage so they did NOT sell seats behind the stage at all....and VH used only one huge video screen that covered the entire back of the stage, (Garth has his usually up in the middle with four sides for everyone to see w/o blocking anyones veiw). So where we sat we could not see the big screen, but saw everything just the same. The PR section does have perks. Full bar and full dinning service, salad bars etc. and only ticket holders with those seats can enter that area so it's not packed, so like the other person mentioned bathrooms and such have a shorter line. Just plan to pay premium price for your food and drinks too. We paid $9.00 for a vodka and red bull drink.

We ended up with seats for one of Garth's show in that same section, so I am really excited...I just wish it was Garth tomorrow night and not Van Halen we were going to. They are legends and I figured since it was a reunion tour and I was from Pasadena when they just got started I had to go, twice even. But those old 50+ farts with all thier shirtless 6 pack abs, don't hold a candle to Garth when it comes to stage performance, energy and stamina. GArth gives it his all and he really connects with his audience and fans....all David Lee Roth does is hold his top hat on his apendage below the waist, wiggle his butt, and Eddi albeit he's the master of guitar solos, tossing a guitar pic out into his audience is about as personal as he gets.
    JoAnn

>>>We ended up with seats for one of Garth's show in that same section, so I am really excited...I just wish it was Garth tomorrow night and not Van Halen we were going to. <<<<

Just wanted to say hello J. Missed the Garth visits with you, Susan, Kim, Patty..etc Hope all is well. What show do you have PR. I have one for Saturday at 1pm.
    Last edited by gbkubfan; 12-14-2007 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Adding some clarification

Joann...since you have been to the Staples center, just how far away are the upper level, (300) seats. We are in section 334 for Sat. night on the 1st row. If they are going to be horrible, I may try to find other seats. We have good seats for the 1pm show. We may need a break that night. One of his shows is pretty exhausting! Love it, love it!

I am not Joann...but I like her...Staples seating is high if you are in the 300's. I stay in my seat through all concerts because I dislike how steep it is. I feel like I am in the Himalayas...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    >>>We ended up with seats for one of Garth's show in that same section, so I am really excited...I just wish it was Garth tomorrow night and not Van Halen we were going to. <<<<

Just wanted to say hello J. Missed the Garth visits with you, Susan, Kim, Patty..etc Hope all is well. What show do you have PR. I have one for Saturday at 1pm.
    Please accept my humble appology, but I don't remember who you are? It's been a long time since I've been to PG, last time was May 2004 YIKES. You live in Long Beach, that's all I know off of your profile? I have a college student going to CSULB right now.

I will be in PR18 Sat 5PM show with my 12 year old daughter. The 1pm show I will be in Sec 114.

JoAnn
    JoAnn

Quote Originally Posted by iriscrazy View Post
    Joann...since you have been to the Staples center, just how far away are the upper level, (300) seats. We are in section 334 for Sat. night on the 1st row. If they are going to be horrible, I may try to find other seats. We have good seats for the 1pm show. We may need a break that night. One of his shows is pretty exhausting! Love it, love it!
    Iris,
    I went to KC and saw 3 of his shows at the Sprint Center. It's almost the same as Staples. Sec 334 are in my opinion good seats, far from horrible, especially in the first row. You won't have any heads, cowboy hats or hands in your way (the perfect spot to make a nice big sign and tape to the rail without pissing anyone off behind you every time you want to hold it up when he looks your way). It's "up there" but you will be able to see everything he does, full view on the stage. If you have better seats for the 1pm show, enjoy the up close and personal there , then relax and enjoy him from the view up top later.

My first night in KC we had the 3rd row to the ceiling, next to a huge concert wall, total nosebleed seats. I felt so claustrophobic, then some guy upgraded the 4 of us to 2nd row. So after one night up in front with Garth, the next night we had seats similar to your Sec 334 and it was a welcomed relief. I was happy and content to see him from there. It was nice looking down at him, instead of up. Not complaining, I'd have a stiff neck for weeks to see him that close as often as possible...but that's not the case.

So unless you land yourself face value seats in those sections near or behind the stage, I'd stay where you are. That is my best advice. I could show you a picture of the stage from KC in our similar seats if that helps, but I don't know how to post pictures on PG these days? If I have time I can got to theat section tonight at the VH concert and take a picture and give you an exact view.

JoAnn
    JoAnn

Quote Originally Posted by JoAnn L. View Post
    Please accept my humble appology, but I don't remember who you are? It's been a long time since I've been to PG, last time was May 2004 YIKES. You live in Long Beach, that's all I know off of your profile? I have a college student going to CSULB right now.

I will be in PR18 Sat 5PM show with my 12 year old daughter. The 1pm show I will be in Sec 114.

JoAnn
    JoAnn, this is DR. You and Susan set up the meeting Garth for me after Hollywood Squares. We use to do garth's star at Capital records. It has been a longgggg time. It was great seeing you posting. :-)

I am not Joann...but I like her...Staples seating is high if you are in the 300's. I stay in my seat through all concerts because I dislike how steep it is. I feel like I am in the Himalayas...LOL
    Oh my gosh! Well, I may look into different seats. We are on the front row, ailse seats but I guess that doesn't matter if you are up in the clouds! Thank you so much for the information. Can you tell me if section 113 or 112 is better?

this is DR. :-)
    LOL, Nuff said! I know exactly who you are now. All I needed was the name...I will never forget you DR. Yes, I recall that HS meeting, that was also the day Garth first said my name out loud and it gave me the greatest feeling of joy in my heart...he actually knew it, said it without being prompted....it was when he was getting ready to sign that "sigh picture" taken outside of the People's Choice Awards. I had a list of names of people written on my hand to get things signed for other people so I wouldn't forget and go brain dead...he had all the pictures in his hand and when he got to the "sigh" picture, that's when he said, "I know who this one is for, it's for JOANN" I was always too embarrassed to ask him to sign stuff for me, so the fact he knew my name wasn't, Tom, Carmen, Sue, Kathy, Dennis, Lisa..etc...was a shocker. Do you remember me taking pictures of his butt while that car load of "his people" were waiting for us to be done with Garth? He was so patient and giving us everything we wanted...well almost everything...we were after all in a parking lot. LOL We got to let Garth know you were probably his biggest CD buyer fan out there...what was it like 300 + at the time? We told him you had a good habit of giving the gift of Garth. Do you still have Oscar parties? Are you doing real estate?

Nice to hear from you. Sorry I didn't recognize the screen name....but DR or Dennis I couldn't NEVER forget.

Hugs, JO
    JoAnn

Signs/Posters at Staples Center

Quote Originally Posted by iriscrazy View Post
    Can you tell me if section 113 or 112 is better?

MOST definitely YES, they are WAY better. Better than any floor seat unless it's the first few rows or you are at least 5-11 or taller. You are not high up and the elevation isn't as steep as sections above in the 300's.

I did notice last night that Staples Center is not as steep as the Sprint Center is in the upper levels, but they are still up there.

My husband and I took a tour last night before and after the VH show, and sort of checked out different areas inside Staples to scope out our own seats and those of others seats. I can't say there will be a bad seat in the house, unless you have floor seats and you are short, under 5-11. The only advantage of floor seats is you can walk up towards the stage to take pictures, pass a gift or flowers to him (if security is in a good mood).

I will mention this warning and I hope it won't be the case at Garth's shows, but Staples Center Staff SUCK when it comes to signs. They only allow 9"x11" signs/posters (that's it). We smuggled in my Van Halen sign at both shows. I was the ONLY person in the venue with a sign. I was very mindful not to block others view, and only held it up when David or Eddie looked up into our sections, which was rare...they are not Garth. Half way through the show I got some nasty usher lady who was literally trying to take it from me. I begged and pleaded and promised I would NOT hold it up again, and I didn't until last night (a month later). We smuggled it in again, and we had the front row of our section so it was not going to be a problem. I had even planned to tape it to the front rail and leave it.....but the usher witch lady was having fits just because we placed our drinks on the wall while we were trying to sit down and eat our sandwich. So I was not going to tape that sign anywhere. I got harassed by 3 different ushers just for holding the sign in front of my body. I never raised the sign in the air ever. I blocked nothing but my own body and I was finally threatened that they were going to take it away. Again I promies I would not hold it, and I didn't. Then David Lee Roth asked if there was anyone here that remembers them from Pasadena (my sign said, "Pasadena Ladies Love Van Halen") then the stupid witch usher turns and points at me....DUH, that was my enitre point but they wouldn't let me hodl it. Stupid staff! Yet, we left there with a contact high from all the pot smokers that were lighting up around us all night and for some reason security did NOTHING! Whatever!!

Staples sent me an email this morning, thanking me for attending the VH concert, and asked me to fill out a survey to let them know how better they can improve their service etc. So I let them know about the stupid sign issue and all the pot smoking.

I just hope this won't be the case. Garth thrives off of his fans signs. It's part of his show and I just hope he lets them know in advance HE WANTS signs and to allow them....as long as they aren't offensive or block peoples views.
    JoAnn

Floor 3 Row 13?

I managed to get floor seats in section 3 row 13 for the last show and was wondering what other people's experience has been on the floor. Will my wife who is 5'7" have a miserable night? Would I be better off selling those and sitting in section 108 where I have two tickets as well?

Quote Originally Posted by JoAnn L. View Post
    Do you remember me taking pictures of his butt while that car load of "his people" were waiting for us to be done with Garth? He was so patient and giving us everything we wanted...well almost everything...we were after all in a parking lot. LOL We got to let Garth know you were probably his biggest CD buyer fan out there...what was it like 300 + at the time? We told him you had a good habit of giving the gift of Garth. Do you still have Oscar parties? Are you doing real estate?

Nice to hear from you. Sorry I didn't recognize the screen name....but DR or Dennis I couldn't NEVER forget.

Hugs, JO
    Yes, I remember the butt shots. Being the only guy in our group I was LMAO at you wild wrangler women. It was 400 cds but I am way past that now. Still giving the gift of Garth. No on the oscar parties but yes on real estate. Market is slow but my boss is doing better than most. He has a great reputation and does a great job. I hope we can meet up and say before the concert. We will probably just do the 1pm concert. We have 6 tickets for the 9pm show but will probably sell them They are behind the stage.

Joann and all, thanks for the seating info. I think that we will keep the seats that we have and be thankful. Who knows, maybe we will be lucky and get an "upgrade" Sat night. My daughter and neice will be with us and their excitement is infectious. My neice has never seen Garth live and is sooo excited. Thanks again guys. You always amaze me with your knowlege and the extra info. Love the Hollywood squares story. I really like to read about your Garth adventures.

Joann, Is the Staples Center not no-smoking or were those poor people just taking their meds? :>) My granddaughter and I attended a Dave Matthews concert in Dallas where one person in front of us was openly taking hits off his bong--security wouldn't even check his ticket to see that he was also in the wrong seat!! Go figure!! We rule followers just don't understand!!

Quote Originally Posted by txtknogk View Post
    Joann, Is the Staples Center not no-smoking or were those poor people just taking their meds? :>)

Staples is a NON SMOKING venue....California is a NON SMOKING state (indoors, even some places outdoors depending on the city). As far as their medicinal usage, I doubt it? Most of the people there had ALL their hair, so I don't think they were chemo patients! LOL
    JoAnn

Oooohhhh, all their hair, but not all their marbles!! Gee, the nuts are the same in all states it seems!!! Comforting fact to know--well, maybe not!! hehehehehehehe

hmmmm.....now i'm confused again. i have seats in 106 row 1 and also pr 18 row10. i was figuring on the 106, but someone says 18 would be beter??

how about the sound behind the stage? we are behind the stage the first nite. should be good all around , no??
    i've been to staples a few times, but gb is more important than any other show.
    thanks for any advice and looking forward to seeing 2 shows. ironically, 1 show would have fittingly been my 7th time seeing gb, but i'll be happy to be stuck on 8 for a while.

We were behind the stage at Staples for U2. They were actually great seats because Bono kept walking behind the stage, so we were within spitting distance of him. Closer than we ever would have been in the regular section. It was great to see him close up. I think they would be great seats for Garth since he likes to travel around the stage also.

Staples Center seating chart for Garth.

The Staples Center web site has a specific seating chart for Garth's concerts. I hope this link works.
    http://info.staplescenter.com/garth_map.html
    Bee

Link worked...thanks again Ms. BEE!!

Another confused person now... I looked all over the wonderful Garth specific seating chart that Bee posted, but one of my tickets to the Friday 10 pm show doesn't seem to be there. It is in "RSR108" - is this the same as FLR108?
    Hazel

Quote Originally Posted by Brits View Post
    Another confused person now... I looked all over the wonderful Garth specific seating chart that Bee posted, but one of my tickets to the Friday 10 pm show doesn't seem to be there. It is in "RSR108" - is this the same as FLR108?
    Hazel
    Yes. These are Floor Risers, which means they're at a slight incline at the back of the Floor, in front of Section 108.

Quote Originally Posted by specialkbyu View Post
    I managed to get floor seats in section 3 row 13 for the last show and was wondering what other people's experience has been on the floor. Will my wife who is 5'7" have a miserable night? Would I be better off selling those and sitting in section 108 where I have two tickets as well?
    Specialkbyu - I can solve your problem....I have tickets in section 316 for that show. Since I'm 5'10 and my husband is 6' we'd have a much better time in your seats and your wife wouldn't be miserable in Section 3--wanna trade :-)

della

+ Reply to Thread