+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Counter says 200-250 for Hits CD

Counter says 200-250 for Hits CD

One compant that tallies the CD sales is only predicting Garth in the top ten...
    (PS that is their way of using lingo in article not my spelling...LOL)

>>The independently distribbed Garth Brooks album Ultimate Hits on Scott Borchetta’s Pearl Records imprint looks like it will do between 200-250k, though the CMAs could boost that number significantly. <<

They are predicting Jay Z will be at 400-450. I know I bought 8 so far. I hope they get the Pink Edition's numbers added on as well as people going out this wek to buy versus when I get the chance. :-)

Im real suprised by that number. I was guessing 500 thousand.

I would think he would land at number 3th on the Billboard top 200 and number one on the country charts.

At the end of the article about Garth, the head of Pearl Records Joe Mansfield tells us what he predictes for first week sale of TUH,

http://www.cmrnashville.net/news.php

Mansfield indicated the label has shipped 2 million copies of The Ultimate Hits, a three-disc set that includes two CDs and one DVD. He predicted that 1 million of those will be purchased within the first week

Quote Originally Posted by swecow View Post
    At the end of the article about Garth, the head of Pearl Records Joe Mansfield tells us what he predictes for first week sale of TUH,

http://www.cmrnashville.net/news.php

he's going to be a bit off.

I was in Wal-Mart yesterday and saw someone looking at the CD but turn out down because it was "the same stuff"..

I think sales will be quite lower than normal because of the amount of times he's put out this same material. (I'm not complaining though!)

Quote Originally Posted by andycja View Post
    I was in Wal-Mart yesterday and saw someone looking at the CD but turn out down because it was "the same stuff"..

I think sales will be quite lower than normal because of the amount of times he's put out this same material. (I'm not complaining though!)
    I agree but I think a lot of the stuff is new to some people. Like the song from Frequency, etc. I am hoping that the sales from the Pink CD will be reported and will help bulk up the sales. Plus with concert sales, maybe will help sales.

Yeah, Im guessing he may get a boost, from the Pink addition sold through the cancer society or a boost from his website, I dont think hitsdailydouble would of counted those.

So if he passes 300 thousand for first week sales, that anit too bad.

It doesnt stop me from enjoying the music and videos!!!

Well I emailed hitsdailydouble, and they said they werent aware of Garth selling CDs through the Susan Kock Foundation and they asked me to elaborate further, I just sent them the link Susan Komen Foundation website.

Here is the email address of the lady from hitsdailydouble.

jamie.mitchell@hitsmagazine.com
    Last edited by Garthmedic; 11-08-2007 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Corrected organization name

I think this is terrible. It will be the first time in a very long time that Garth has not debuted at number one on either the Billboard or Country chart. He has just done the same old same old too long and people arent buying it anymore except maybe his most ardent fans. If he does badly on the charts I doubt that we will get any new music from Garth for a long time. The man doesnt like to lose I dont think. I am very disappointed in the numbers. If they dont count the Susan Komen CDs which maybe dont go through Soundscan this could be the worst Garth showing ever, since Chris Gaines which did I think just around 200k and debuted at number 2. Scarecrow did around 472k in both the first and second week of sales. This is not good. But I am enjoying the new DVD.

i think their underestimating him. there's gonna be close to 90k fans in the first week at the concert.... id venture to guess 1 out of every 10 will buy the pink CD.... then you factor in this is a world wide release at ALL retailers, and nothign he's done for walmart has been available overseas, there's gonna be A LOT OF ALBUMS SOLD! i'd bet if he dosnt come in #1... he'll be #2. Jay-z's fan base is big.. but not as big as Garth's.

Billboard is saying Jay Z will have #1 CD based on Nielsen SoundScan's Building Chart, released today (Nov. 7). They say he sold 179,000 the first day. Chris Bown is second and the Eagles"Long Road Out Of Eden" was third with 89,000. Garth Brooks' new "Ultimate Hits" (Pearl Records) claimed the fourth slot, with 61,000.
    But I am sure that doesn't include Pink edition....

The Pink edition will count for Soundscan numbers, so once they are reported, Garth should get a boost.

Eagles are number one for last week, outselling Britney Spears. This week should be interesting. Garth sells will be strong as the week goes on. All the shows in KC left to go and then theater show next Wednesday.

from billboard

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/chart..._id=1003667593

"As for the 'pink' version of 'The Ultimate Hits,' that edition qualifies to count toward the new album's Nielsen SoundScan total. Billboard initiated communication between Brooks' label, Pearl, and SoundScan to see if the Susan G. Koman Foundation can report those sales in the manner required and we are hopeful of that happening.

"The 'pink' edition will also be available to concert goers who see Brooks during his extended concert run at Sprint Center in Kansas City, Mo. Pearl is working with Nielsen SoundScan to report sales that happen at those shows."

Guess I'll have to pick up another copy now, bummer:-P

I am not surprised at the lower sales, after all it has been 6 long years since he released a brand new album, since then only greatest hits cd & dvd packages. I think the fact that he will not be at #1, will encourage Garth to record a new album, and be competitive again.

+ Reply to Thread