+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Camera's & Parking tonights garth please report asap after tonights event

Camera's & Parking tonights garth please report asap after tonights event

Please to those that attend tonights Garth concert please post asap about the camera you where able to get in and if you had any problems

I have this camera
    http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=5871631
    and I want to make sure i don't have to walk all the way back to the car since spirit center doesn't provide parking

Thanks in advance
    Marsha Wife to Legmaker07

Just for the 411 the link is to a memory stick.

Thanks i believe its changed now
    Marsha Wife to Legmaker07

I haven't been to Garth yet but was at Rascal Flatts there. Parking won't be an issue. There is some 180,000 people that work downtown everyday so there is parking everywhere. None of the garages were full.

our experience with the cameras

We took a camera in that is similar to the one shown in the link and we had no problems whatsoever. A security guard told us that as long as the lens isn't bigger than 3 inches and there isn't a detachable lens you should be fine. I HIGHLY recommend taking your camera. Now the only thing to do is get onto the floor so you can be like the girl in the second nights concert who had Garth take her camera from her and start taking pictures!! ( I WAS/STILL AM INSANELY JEALOUS!!! LOL)

before you take your camera in

make sure to read in your book about settings. All concerts have lighting that make getting great pictures hard, but if you read in your book you can get decent pictures out of it. We took some that came out nice despite being not up close and personal. A couple of keys to remember, don't use digital zoom..it makes your pictures pixely and granulated. If your like me you want to see their nose hair, but is all you'll wind up with is a big blob (I have pictures to prove it LOL) Also try to read about manual settings, this is where you will be able to set things to take better pictures. I will try to post some of ours soon.
    HAVE AN AMAZING TIME!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by junetrio View Post
    make sure to read in your book about settings. All concerts have lighting that make getting great pictures hard, but if you read in your book you can get decent pictures out of it. We took some that came out nice despite being not up close and personal. A couple of keys to remember, don't use digital zoom..it makes your pictures pixely and granulated. If your like me you want to see their nose hair, but is all you'll wind up with is a big blob (I have pictures to prove it LOL) Also try to read about manual settings, this is where you will be able to set things to take better pictures. I will try to post some of ours soon.
    HAVE AN AMAZING TIME!!!!
    June, that's good advise! Cameras are all different and lighting is constantly changing.

I usually shoot right in front of the stage.

I took this one with my little Sony T-100. It's taken awhile to figure out which setting on it, actually get the best results. This camera does pretty good, if there is enough light, and the target isn't moving too fast.
    http://www.loveclassicrock.com/image...edium/0031.jpg

These pictures were taken with my Panasonic Lumix FZ20. Most were taken from the front row. A few from the mid-arena, by my DH. Only two were taken with flash, because the show was in a dark bar with no lighting!
    Link to album of some of my concert pictures: http://www.loveclassicrock.com/image...ert/index.html

Most times the flash doesn't help and just runs down your battery. The lights behind the artist will be "blown out" if you use flash. I'll shoot Garth on Monday, with no flash. The camera settings will probably be, Shutter Priority, ISO 200, and probably exposure of 80 to 120(depending on the amount of light).

Good luck with your pictures and have fun!

+ Reply to Thread