+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Am I reading this right?

Am I reading this right?

I've heard several people talk about tickets for the concert going on SALE Wedensday....doesn't it just say that information will be released on Wednesday? Am I reading that correctly?

Thanks!

the announcement will be made in the morning...tickets will go on sale that afternoon....it's to prevent another hannah montana-esque disaster with ticket brokers , scalpers, etc.

when he says its a k-city show for k-city people he means it...unless you can take the time outta your day to hop on over to kansas city and scoop up a couple tickets right after the announcement....

should be a fun traffic day for the kansas city phone company

Pleasant Hill, Missouri (outside of kansas city)
    it's my understanding that the information about when tickets will go on sale will be made wednesday october 3rd at noon....that doesn't necessarily mean they will go on sale that afternoon. i guess it's possible. i know im skippin out on work to make sure i hear the announcement

i gotta go....the sprint center is only 20 minutes from my house!!!!!!!

*AMANDA BROOKE*
    *AMANDA BROOKE*

"Listen not to the critics, who put their own dreams on the shelf.
    If you wanna get the truth to admit it, you gotta find out for yourself...How you ever gonna know?"
    -GARTH BROOKS-

Do we think it will just be Kansas City folk....or will it be Missouri people?

Also...may be a dumb question, but where will the info be released? On ticketmaster? sprintcenter.com? gb.com? All of the above?

From ticketmaster.com:

"Additional Information:
    Garth Brooks will be appearing at the Sprint Center in Kansas City November 14th at 7:30PM. Further information, including ticket onsale information will be released on Wednesday, October 3rd at 12:00 PM Noon. Check ticketmaster.com beginning October 3rd at 12:00 PM noon for all the details"

I'm thinking that tickets will NOT go on sale that day.

Quote Originally Posted by AronP24 View Post
    the announcement will be made in the morning...tickets will go on sale that afternoon....it's to prevent another hannah montana-esque disaster with ticket brokers , scalpers, etc.

when he says its a k-city show for k-city people he means it...unless you can take the time outta your day to hop on over to kansas city and scoop up a couple tickets right after the announcement....

should be a fun traffic day for the kansas city phone company
    Where did he ever say this? I think I've read almost everything printed about this concert and I never read anywhere that Garth said this. Could someone please tell me where it is that he is quoted as having referred to this concert as being for the KC folks?

As far as I know, it's just speculation right now.

pam,
    i havent heard that its necessarily for KC folks only. but i have heard that with all of the controversy over our new sprint center and tickets selling out so fast that tickets may be released to citizens of jackson county a day ahead of time. just what ive heard though. once again....not confirmed.

i personally am wondering if the announcement at noon on wednesday, will be for people to go get in line, later that afternoon somewhere to get a wristband... or something like he did back in 1996 when he was here. that way its fair and to help prevent scalpers. no online. just standing in line...the old fashioned way. once again though. i have no idea ,.....these are just some things ive heard being in the heart of the city....and my own speculations on things.

*AMANDA BROOKE*
    *AMANDA BROOKE*

If you wanna get the truth to admit it, you gotta find out for yourself...How you ever gonna know?"
    -GARTH BROOKS-

i forgot something....and it won't let me edit anymore.

i was gonna add....that knowing garth...im sure he'll make it possible for all of his true fans and people that really really wanna go!!! i hope i get to see everyone there!!!. and meet some new PG people!!!

this is gonna be one big party!

*AMANDA BROOKE*
    *AMANDA BROOKE*

-GARTH BROOKS-

well to all your naysayers...if you remember his last tour you had to be in that city to get a wristband...then they would call your number...it had nothing to do with getting online or on the phone fromanother state to get tickets....90% of GB tickets have gone to those in the city/state he performed in....it will make sense on wednesday...
    unless u are in KC ODDS ARE you ain't gettin in.....you'll see

BUT DO NOT FEAR......Coming soon to a city near you during summer vacation (girls can't miss school can they )

Well, that doesn't help foreing fans does it? I bet he won't come to Oslo...

In the USA, the best country in the world
    it's sounding unfort. like there may very well be some disappointed fans- unless things aren't as it's seeming- it's still dang exciting though! (even if money will keep me from going!! )
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Folks, rest easy...

I got tickets for the Los Angeles C2C show from my computer here in Portland.

If they were doing the wristband thing, do you think it would still be on ticketmaster.com?

I live in California. I have some vacation time left. I want to try to get a ticket to go to see Garth. From what I am reading I am confused as to when tickets go officially on sale.From other concerts he has done in the past it sold out in less than an hour. Tickets may become sold out before they go officiially go on sale. This concert is only for people in Kansas City.Is Ticketmaster the only place to get tickets? I have to work on Wednesday, I have no access to a phone or internet the entire day until i get home later on in the evening, you think their would still be a chance to get a ticket? If not then I will just have to foreget about the whole thing.

New York, New York, United States, 108424279189115, New York, New York
    There's a commercial on GAC for the concert. I don't think it's for KC only!
    Love Always,
    Jo@nn
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
    It's about learning to dance in the rain.

2nd report I've heard now of a GAC commercial- maybe it's either the same one, or well garth could be broadcasting the show on GAC?

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I think and hope and yes even pray that it will be for EVERY fan and only true fans to buy tickets, no matter where they happen to live.

Remember the rest of us Garth

dsdunnam ...........

I agree with you, if he's going to do a concert it should be either TV that all can see or more concerts where the rest of us can see him, not just one area. The rest of us have spent a LOT of money and missed him too, but can't make it to KC that's for sure. I would be a bit mad if he only did one and the rest of us were left wanting to see him. That doesn't put me in the mood to buy anything new from him.
    Tricia

I just saw a commercial on CMT tonite and got all excited. I hadn't heard anything about it until that point. I would assume, based on the nationwide commercials, that it is certainly not intended for JUST KC folks!!! I can't see Garth doing that, he would want everyone, everywhere that wants to come to come, ya know? I already said that I will be there, regardless, IF I can get tickets...that is still a BIG OL' IF! I do think that ticketmaster will just release ticket info. on Wednesday in a big ol' dramatic way (fitting for The Man!) and then tickets will be available on ticketmaster, BUT getting you hands on them...IMPOSSIBLE for most! That is my greatest fear...they'll sell that HUGE arena out in less than a minute! That is what I expect to happen, and yes, I am basically trying to be hopeful until I am told otherwise!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Quote Originally Posted by G-f View Post
    dsdunnam ...........

I would be a bit mad if he only did one and the rest of us were left wanting to see him. That doesn't put me in the mood to buy anything new from him.
    Tricia
    Like I said in an earlier post, I believe, since this is the 'Thank You to Wal-Mart,' this show is separate from any other promotion he will be doing for the Ultimate Hits package due out. This leads me to thinking he could be doing a few shows in a few other select cities after that. Here's to hoping, LOL.

Lisa
    'But for the grace of God, there go I'

Quote Originally Posted by garthsgirl View Post
    Like I said in an earlier post, I believe, since this is the 'Thank You to Wal-Mart,' this show is separate from any other promotion he will be doing for the Ultimate Hits package due out. This leads me to thinking he could be doing a few shows in a few other select cities after that. Here's to hoping, LOL.

Lisa
    he is ..just not until the summer when the girls are outta school...that way he can stay true to his word about the girls...

everyone remember , he was an advertising major...a marketing genious if you will....

there will be more

he is ..just not until the summer when the girls are outta school...that way he can stay true to his word about the girls...

everyone remember , he was an advertising major...a marketing genious if you will....

there will be more
    I'm not on here all the time so maybe I've missed the answer to the question I'm about to ask and apologise for being ill-informed if that is the case.

Aron, why is it that you talk as if you know stuff? Are you on the inside? On Garth's team? Or are you just speculating like everyone else?

it makes me feel important to talk big....

Well, that's helpful. Thanks.

no prob...I'm here for you

from ticketmaster.com

Garth Brooks
    Sprint Center, Kansas City, MO
    Wed, Nov 14, 2007 07:30 PM
    Look For Garth Brooks Tickets
    Additional Information:
    Garth Brooks will be appearing at the Sprint Center in Kansas City November 14th at 7:30PM. Further information, including ticket onsale information will be released on Wednesday, October 3rd at 12:00 PM Noon. Check ticketmaster.com beginning October 3rd at 12:00 PM noon for all the details

Tickets are currently not available online for one of the following reasons. Please check back for availability.

1. Tickets may not be on sale yet.
    2. Tickets may not be available at this time. More tickets may become available later.
    3. Tickets may not be available online just hours before an event occurs.
    4. On rare occasions, tickets may only be available at ticket outlets or the box office.

Benefits of an account:

* Faster checkout
    * Access to TicketAlerts®

Event Details

* - Seating Chart
    * - Directions
    * - Parking

E-mail this Event to a Friend E-mail this Event to a Friend

US $27.50

IN CONCERT
    GARTH BROOKS
    SPRINT CENTER
    WED NOV 14 2007 7:30PM

- view all events at this venue

there will be more
    Then the summer would be contrary to his statement in his press conference about crawling back into the woodwork(my words, not his- as I forget the exact wording)come February or March or thereabouts.

Lisa
    'But for the grace of God, there go I'

Quote Originally Posted by garthsgirl View Post
    Then the summer would be contrary to his statement in his press conference about crawling back into the woodwork(my words, not his- as I forget the exact wording)come February or March or thereabouts. Lisa
    He can crawl back into the woodwork in February, and come back out in June/July for a 2-3 month tour.

it's be nice- he won't do it, but it'd be a nice idea-

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

+ Reply to Thread