+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: You know you're a Garth fanatic if...

Quote Originally Posted by OSCI View Post
    You know it was NINE concerts there, not eight... hehe and I got to go to 2 of them, Saturday and Sunday. When I saw Garth at his home in OK last year and showed him a photo of Sunday night he threw back his head and sighed.. "Sunday"... Cause he and everyone there knows it was something special, don't think it could be matched.

It can only be matched or even trumped by the Thursday show, where he didn't sing "The Dance" as the last song. He said he has only done that once before. It was a very special night indeed! Oh yeah, I was at the Thursday show and saw Garth four days earlier in Tulsa and told him I was driving to KC to see him. Best night of my life.
    ~"Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tide."~
    ~"Blood is thicker than water, but love is thicker than blood."~
    -Garth Brooks

You know you're a Garth fanatic if you're mad that he hasn't been announced as a performer for the George Strait tribute.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    hehe-
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Steven75407 View Post
    You know you're a Garth fanatic if you're mad that he hasn't been announced as a performer for the George Strait tribute.
    Not so much mad as confused.. it's a George Strait Tribute!!! Strait the man he idolizes, the reason he sings country music....

Perhaps the GMan will be a "surprise" guest

In the UK, praying there's intelligent life somewhere up in space
    GOD BLESS CHRIS LEDOUX!!! at the right place on my Ultimate Hits CD, tonight, in my living room, in my flat (OK apartment) in Worcestershire, England, UK, other side of big big ocean from Garth. There was some commotion upstairs and I now suspect my overhead neighbours think I'm nuts. To which my response has to be - it took you this long to work that out?

You know you're a Garth fan when you know any of his songs within the first couple of notes when they come on the radio (a rareish occurrence here) - usually when you're in the shower and singing along is a requirement.

Angela x
    Gyrrwch yn ofalus

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie526 View Post
    Not so much mad as confused.. it's a George Strait Tribute!!! Strait the man he idolizes, the reason he sings country music....

Perhaps the GMan will be a "surprise" guest
    Yeah, let's hope so!! I've been checking the ACM website everyday for updates.
    "You know the woman wants her cowboy....."

I don't look for him to be there at all; Strait has rebuffed every overture from Garth to perform together.
    "Grace is when God gives us what we don't deserve and mercy is when God doesn't give us what we do deserve" - Dan Roberts

You know you're a Garth fanatic if...

You think Garth and Trisha should re-record "Victim of the Game" as a duet.

You still wonder if the updated video of WSBF will ever see the light of day.

Garth singing Roy Clark's "Come Live With Me" made you wish he would come out of retirement.

You wish Garth would have performed at George Strait's tribute concert in Vegas.

New York, New York, United States, 108424279189115, New York, New York
    You mean he didn't?? UGH!! At least we'll get to see him!!! :}
    Love Always,
    Jo@nn
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
    It's about learning to dance in the rain.

You know your a Garth fanatic when ....

You love Garth singing Hard Luck Woman with Kiss!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5DF8eixC_Y&feature
    Love Always,
    Jo@nn

I love that performance, especially the fierce expressios when he's singing.
    "Grace is when God gives us what we don't deserve and mercy is when God doesn't give us what we do deserve" - Dan Roberts

Me too ...that's one of my favorite GB videos

In the USA, the best country in the world
    ahh, I love that performance too! Peter Criss singing it is more 'edgy' and Garth more 'polished' but its a great song! and a great performance!!! (not to mention an ok tribute album)
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

You know you're a Garth fan when..

You watch the video Garth Must be Busy and look at the crying people and think Yep, thats pretty much how I feel sometimes

You come from Norway and you know who Chris LeDoux is

A song comes on the radio and you think how much better it would sound if Garth did it

OMG!! I just saw that video!! Too funny!! You hit the nail on the head!!! I did look at everyone crying and understood!!!
    Love Always,
    Jo@nn

Wow, Thanks for the link I had not seen this. Like Garth says, there are only 2 types of music... Good Music and Bad Music. He make GREAT music!

Valerie (vjthedj)

...Planet Garth is your homepage to catch up on the news. And you check it out daily wishing someone has posted "He's back".

You find a website where you can download his music cheap. You pay for the mp3's and then go off and buy the cd for the little booklet that comes with the cd.

And you know a whole country is a Garth fanatic if...

...it takes loads of drink to get a group of 20 friends to all admit that they all secretly love Garth Brooks.

...you find your Garth Brooks cds hidden in your brothers room. Hidden from his friends when they are all into the likes of Nirvana, Metallica, AC/DC.

...and when your listening to a country radio station, no one complains how crap country music is when Garth Brooks comes on.

You think Scott Hendricks was a jerk to Garth. (I do, after reading The Garth Factor)

You wish Garth would have done A&E Live By Request (guilty)

You sing and play "Friends in Low Places" at a talent show and talk before breaking into the third verse as if you were Garth himself.

You thought it was crazy how people were offended by the line "free to love anyone we choose" when he released "We Shall Be Free." (Guilty)

You cry every time you watch Garth sing "When You Come Back to Me Again" to our troops during the USS Enterprise concert.

The possibility of hearing Steve Wynn say Ladies & Gentlemen introducing the new Mr. Vegas.. Garth Brooks... makes you cry.

You have no doubt you are a Garth fanatic if...

You get tickets to the George Strait Artist of the Decade because you are hoping Garth will be there. Then when George is on the stage accepting his award, you are caught by your friend sitting next to you looking at Garth through the binoculars the whole time watching him and his expressions while George is doing his acceptance speech! GUILTY!

You showed up at spring training in 2004 every chance you could just to see and talk to Garth (I live in AZ - 20 mins from the stadium). I took off soooo many vacation days in the month of March that my work wondered where the heck I was until I showed up with all my pictures and stories. When Garth knows you by sight and asks where your buddy is that usually is with me.....I'm pretty sure that makes you a Garth fanatic.

When all your passwords have Garth or gb in them somewhere. Work called me the other day to get into my computer while I was off and my boss asks "What's your password?" We know it has something to do with Garth, but we can't figure it out!

OK, here's probably the biggest one that says without a doubt you are probably way overboard......when you see license plates on cars and automatically think up phrases or songs that relate to Garth. AZ plate that has letter FLP....Friends in Low Places. AZ plate that begins with GBM - Garth Brooks Management. XGB - Xcellent Garth Brooks. I swear that I do this all the time.

So, I know I am a certifiable Garth fanatic and proud of it!! I'm still waiting for the Tulsa concert and will start making flight plans and getting everyone I know to be on their computers to get tickets when they go on sale. Yup, Garth fanatic and proud of it!

You know you're a Garth fanatic when...

You wonder if Garth will release another "lost sessions" CD.

You think the Grammy voters treated Garth like dirt (I think Vince just won the Best Male Vocal Performance every year because he sings higher than anyone else in country.)

You still would like to meet Garth even though he has retired (Guilty)

You've ever told your kids to "SIM-MA DOWN NOW!" (from the 2nd time he hostred SNL) when they're misbehaving.

You think Garth's picture should have been included in a video on U.S. History you saw on You Tube. (Hank Williams, Johnny Cash and Willie Nelson are featured).

You would rather see Garth's memorabillia at the Smithsonian Museum of American History
    than tour the White House.

You think Garth is a good actor despite the fact he never starred in a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by GBronx View Post
    You love Garth singing Hard Luck Woman with Kiss!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5DF8eixC_Y&feature
    Thank you for sharing that video; what a great way to start the day!
    Susan

When you get a verse of one of his songs tattooed on your back (guilty).
    You only listen to his music when you are working out (guilty).
    You only listen to his music!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven75407 View Post
    You know you're a Garth fanatic when...

You've ever told your kids to "SIM-MA DOWN NOW!" (from the 2nd time he hostred SNL) when they're misbehaving.
    I love that SNL skit. He was so great. I have that on my ipod and I watch it all the time. It is too funny!

Candi, I loved the skit as well. I laugh every time he says SIMMA DOWN NOW!! But have any of you PGers used that phrase when your kids annoyed you?

I don't have any children, but I do say it to other people........often

Here's a link to that 6-minute video on our country's history that I was talking about,
    Watch this and you'll see why I think Garth's picture should have been included.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oybqdvvTMZ8

You think of Garth when you hear Martina McBride's 'Mine'
    .. not that I have any fantasies about being a couple .. but in a broader sense of belonging to anyone who has held him dear to their hearts ... and you're ecstatic when new people 'get it' and join the family
    ---------------------------------
    ... it sure do matter to me
    ==========================
    Always Smilin'
    - Wendy Jo
    ==========================

Washington, DC U.S.A., Land of the Free, Home of the Brave!!!
    You know you're a Garth Fanatic when you take off on Feb. 7th, and dare anyone to ask you why you're taking that day!

Tina
    ...our lives are better left to chance, I could've missed the pain --- but I'd of had to miss the DANCE

Take it Easy, Take it Slow, Take it Light...Oh What the Heck Just Take It!!!

You choose to go to college at Oklahoma State University because Garth did.

You think Diamond Rio butchered "Ten Feet Away" on the Keith Whitley Tribute Album and wish Garth would have sang it instead.

You play Garth's version of our national anthem on Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Veterans Day (Guilty) TY Scott for sending me an mp3 file of it!

You thought more singles should have been released from the Lost Sessions (Guilty)

+ Reply to Thread