+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: You know you're a Garth fanatic if...

No one finished No Fences!-

Victim of the game
    Friends in low Places
    this ain't tenessee
    wild horses
    unanswered prayers
    same old story(i think...)
    mr. blue
    Wolves

1.You know you're a Garth fanatic when you buy a Takamine just because he plays one. He plays a GB7C, I couldn't afford that, so I went with an EG model.

2. you thought that they RUINED the Central Park concert on The Entertainer DVD.
    Last edited by bigrobmjca; 03-25-2008 at 09:49 PM. Reason: forgot a word.

Hey! I was about to go bump this thread back up. I have thought of so many at random times. I should have writen them down!!! I'll try to post them when I think of them again .

In the USA, the best country in the world
    well, bigrobmjca, I guess by your def, I'm def. a garth fan!

only thing is, I did get the GB-7C (it was a birthday/Christmas together present)...

(yeah, CP was butchered- heck, most of the entertainer DVD set was!)
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

You know your a Garth Fanatic if:
    You watch MTAM at work on every break...eventhough it's been off the charts for weeks.

You maxed out your Platinum MC on KC, OKC and LA and would open another CC account if need be.

You NEVER fly...but you flew to LA.

You loose your cell phone, MC, carry-on and leather jacket in LA and still boarded the plane to go home with a huge smile on your face.

You feel that being upgraded is equal to winning the Super Bowl.

You have more pictures of Garth on your desk at work than of your family.

Your 8 y.o. Grandson can sing all or the words to LALO and HIS big dream is to see a Garth concert.

You check PG at least twice a day to read the new posts and hope that someone has posted a new pic on the Shameless thread.

You check PG at least twice a day to read the new posts and hope that someone has posted a new pic on the Shameless thread.
    OMG that's why I'm on now. I realized I forgot to check PG forums today! I do everyday! And i was happily greeted with the Shameless forum, w/ new pics!!!! Oh yeah and I had to make a list of songs that refer to Solar Energy and stuff like that for Science. This has been an assignment for the Weather&Water unit too. I've used Garth in both. For Solar Energy I am using Ain't Goin Down Til the Sun Comes Up.

You usually think the Atlanta Thrashers are on of your least favorite teams in the NHL, until you hear Garth is at the game that night.

You constantly ask yourself "How you ever gonna know?" when you face a challenge.

You actually paid attention to that 6 hour WWII movie last year in history class because of the song "Belleau Wood".

You laugh when they call anybody currently on country radio "exciting".

You received extra credit when asked during what battle Germans and Americans paused the fighting and sang "silent night," which also bumped you up from a B+ to an A-.

You drew mutliple concepts of a hand-burned guitar strap you're making for Garth but won't burn the design until the guitar shop gets the right color of brown in for straps! (I'm currently doing this, that's what I'm sending him)

You consider anybody that can pay for their kids college or retire rich, but Garth is still a good ol' boy in your eyes.

You decided if you ever become "rich" you're going to donate ridiculous amounts of money because Garth does.

Vegas impersonators are fun, but Garth impersonators are disgraceful.

If you had the choice to wrestle Tito Oritz in a cage match or try to outsing Garth for one million dollars, you'd try to wrestle Tito Oritz... but you still wouldn't win.

Whe pop-country singers cite Garth as an "inspiration" you laugh uncontrollably.

You've written multiple letters to the Vatican, insisting country music needs a saint, Saint Garth.

You realize the only artist you'd pay $100 to see charges less than $40.

If any other country album ever goes diamond twice (diamond is 10 million copies sold), you're going to demand "Double Live" be considered four times diamond... it is dual disc after all!

ehh- wasn't Belleau wood for WWI?

still, some great 'you know you're a...." sayings...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Yes it was, sorry I was typing too fast. Trust me, that was a LONG video too! Haha.

Have to add...

You stayed up until 3am to watch the Garth CBS special.

You Know You're A Garth Fanatic When...

You sing 2 Garth songs during a karaoke night, when no one else in the crowd is a country music fan!!

J. Rusin
    Eagle Scout

"I could have missed the pain, but I'd of had to miss THE DANCE"

Oooh I got one right now-

You know you're a Garth fan when you can type 'Garth Brooks' faster than your own name.

You know you are a fanatic when your students bring up the following questions to get their ADD/ADHD teacher (that would be me) sidetracked to avoid class work:

Which Garth song is your favorite? My answer as a mature adult is--to hear, to sing, or to see him perform? See by diverting their question, I (the adult) am still in control!!!

Please tell us one more time where you were sitting during the CBS Special.

Can we watch that video of the CBS Special one more time?

Why would CBS be so mean to take it off the internet?

Which one of the 8 concerts that you have attended in November and January was your favorite?

Do you have Garth on your iPod?

As you can see, I have very resourceful students. Fortunately (or unfortunately) they have me figured out!! Now if I could just figure out how to incorporate my Garth experiences into a lesson plan..............

You Know You're a Garth Fanatic If...Part 4

- You know all the words to every tune he has recorded (Guilty)

- You have every song of his on your MP3 player (115 on mine, that's all the studio tracks from Not Counting You to Leave a Light On plus the 3 from Double Live)

- Somebody asks you how your relationship with your spouse/significant other is going and your answer is "We're two of a kind, working on a full house"

- You wish there was a Garth Brooks Museum.

- You've ever made a vacation trip to Owassio, OK to try and meet Garth.

- Garth's medley was the only thing you watched on the 43rd Annual ACM Awards.

- You were offended by Ron White's jokes about Garth.

- Seeing the official video for FILP (thanks to Dale) made your weekend. (Guilty)

- You're saving money to go to Nashville whenever Garth is inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame.

I have 172 songs that even have Garth in them(like duets and stuff) plus stuff I've gotten off the internet and the entertainer videos. I TOTALLY wish there was garth museum!

Here's another- You realize that about everything Garth likes becomes your likes.(Why I now like Chris LeDoux, Steve Wariner, and Ireland. I still hate M&Ms, though!)

I am saving every post with "You might be..." things to a note to my iPod. I love going over them and going- yep, yep, yep I do that!

I have nearly every Garth t-shirt ever produced (both official and un-official). I have video taped every Garth TV appearance that I could get. I have every Garth poster I could find. I have every magazine with a Garth article (not just a cover) that I could find. I have as much Garth "merchadise" as I could afford. I have every Garth album, on cassettes, and CDs. I have two of nearly every CD because of the "Special" or "Limited Edition" covers.
    Only one thing is missing from my "collection", something that is autographed personally to me by Garth. When I met Garth backstage in L. A. after his concerts, I was so flustered that I couldn't even remember that I had my camera around my neck. I could have gotten someone to take a picture of me and Garth. I also never expected to meet him, so I didn't have anything with me that he could autograph.
    Bee

You know you're a Garth Fanatic when:

You spend your allowance just to buy some Limited Edition magazine collection when you were a kid. And collected every other magazine with him in it since.

Threatened some old lady over a bust cutout of Garth for his Fresh Horses CD release. I still got it.....and it's still pretty cool!

Went to Walmart 6:00am in the morning to get your copy of his latest CD so you'd have it before you went to school that day.

You love his Chris Gains album and thought it was a great album.

(Yeah I did all that and then some)

somewhere between Nashville & Keetonville
    Quote Originally Posted by roguewriter01 View Post
    You know you're a Garth Fanatic when:

You spend your allowance just to buy some Limited Edition magazine collection when you were a kid. And collected every other magazine with him in it since.

Threatened some old lady over a bust cutout of Garth for his Fresh Horses CD release. I still got it.....and it's still pretty cool!

Went to Walmart 6:00am in the morning to get your copy of his latest CD so you'd have it before you went to school that day.

You love his Chris Gains album and thought it was a great album.

(Yeah I did all that and then some)

Actually, I was a Chris Gaines fan BEFORE I was a Garth fan.......CG made me a GB nutt. And, yes, it's still my favorite GB/CG album, and yes, it IS a great album.

Sherry
    You and I keeping love alive till the last tear is cried.....

I don't do duplicates. I only have three live Garth songs (Tearing It Up and Burning It Down, It's Your Song, and Wild as the Wind.) Then I have 112 studio recordings.

66 from the first Limited Series (GB, Fences, Ropin', Chase, Pieces, Horses)
    26 from the second Limited Series boxed set (Sevens, Scarecrow)
    17 from the Lost Sessions
    4 from the Ultimate Hits

Total recordings - 112

3 songs from Double Live - 115.

When I first downloaded iTunes, it transferred all my songs then bugged me with all my duplicates of Garth songs with Double Live. I wanted to tell iTunes, I KNOW they have the same titles, but are different! They aren't duplicates, they are a entirely different experience!

You know you're a Garth fanatic if...

You shouted back to Garth when he sang "Shout" at the concert for Obama (guilty, every time he said, "Hey hey hey," I said, "HEY HEY HEY HEY!" )

You think Garth should buck up and go digital. (Guilty)

You wish Garth would release a 2 CD set of cover songs (one country, the other 70s rock and pop)

While visiting the Country Music Hall of Fame, you stared at his shirt and guitar from "The Dance" for one whole minute. (Guilty)

Garth wearing solid-colored Mo Betta shirts still doesn't fit right with you in your opinion. (Guilty...when I saw that special from KC I thought, "Whatever happened to the COOL shirts?")

You visit Kansas City, MO because Garth played eight concerts there.

You've ever given somebody American Thunder..The Garth Brooks Story and he or she goes out and buys all his CDs after reading it.

You've ever sang "Beer Run" with your best buddy while actually making one.

Someone admits why they don't like Garth and you say, "Talk to the hand, dude."

You think "Midnight Sun" should have hit the Billboard Country Top Ten.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven75407 View Post

You shouted back to Garth when he sang "Shout" at the concert for Obama (guilty, every time he said, "Hey hey hey," I said, "HEY HEY HEY HEY!" )
    not quite guilty here for me but I did smile a bit at the singing!

You think Garth should buck up and go digital. (Guilty)
    Can I get an AMEN?

You wish Garth would release a 2 CD set of cover songs (one country, the other 70s rock and pop)
    Garth: The Influences......... has promise!

While visiting the Country Music Hall of Fame, you stared at his shirt and guitar from "The Dance" for one whole minute. (Guilty)
    For me it was the drum pod and the smashed TIGB guitar but still cool (I think it was maybe Ty's guitar in the HOF...)

Garth wearing solid-colored Mo Betta shirts still doesn't fit right with you in your opinion. (Guilty...when I saw that special from KC I thought, "Whatever happened to the COOL shirts?")
    ehh, they look cool but they're so '90's ' now... solids aren't that bad, IMO

nope. but kicking myself for not going...

You've ever given somebody American Thunder..The Garth Brooks Story and he or she goes out and buys all his CDs after reading it.
    no way in heck I'm parting w/ my copy!

You've ever sang "Beer Run" with your best buddy while actually making one.
    My buddies who'd get a beer w/ me aren't as big of garth nutts as I am (heck, I think I'm the most obsessed garth wise that I know)

You think "Midnight Sun" should have hit the Billboard Country Top Ten.
    Midnight sun? no.... That Girl is a Cowboy? yep

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I totally thought Midnight Sun should have been a bigger hit!

I thought he should have released "Meet Me In Love" off of The Lost Sessions; a whole lot of 'Sistas' would have cranked that baby up LOUD
    "Grace is when God gives us what we don't deserve and mercy is when God doesn't give us what we do deserve" - Dan Roberts

One more.

You know you're a Garth fanatic if

You want to see Garth and The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band perform "Fishin' in the Dark" together on the Opry, Jay Leno or any other TV show.

how about..you know you're a garth fanatic if....

you were introduced to Billy Joel and/or James Taylor songs because Garth sang/talked about them.....

You know your a Garth Fanatic if...

Quote Originally Posted by Steven75407 View Post

You know it was NINE concerts there, not eight... hehe and I got to go to 2 of them, Saturday and Sunday. When I saw Garth at his home in OK last year and showed him a photo of Sunday night he threw back his head and sighed.. "Sunday"... Cause he and everyone there knows it was something special, don't think it could be matched.

The watching Frequency and Hope Floats one is so true!

You know you're a Garth fanatic if....
    You like "Fun with Dick and Jane" simply because Jim Carrey's character mentions Garth Brooks.

Happens all the time ... you hear a Garth song somewhere, a store, restaurant, bar, wherever, you hear the tune and the voice and look at the person you're with mid-conversation and go "Hey, it's Garth", smile, and go on with the conversation like you haven't missed a beat...most the time, they get it

allison.

that I agree with Allison!

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

+ Reply to Thread