+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: You know you're a Garth fanatic if...

You know you're a Garth fanatic if....

The news of Garth becoming a Hall of Famer made your day (Guilty)

You wonder if Garth will get out of Vegas sooner, knowing that 2014 isn't that far off. (Guilty)

You agree with Garth about the singers who have not been inducted into the Hall of Fame (Guilty. He, Connie and Hargus deserve it, but so do a lot of the singers from the 1970s and 1980s era, like Kenny Rogers, Crystal Gayle, Ronnie Milsap, John Anderson, Randy Travis and Keith Whitley)

You know you are a Garth fanatic....

When you knew the announcement was made this time of year last year and starting checking weeks ago about when the 2012 class was announced- guilty

If you cried when you read about the announcement and watched Garth accept-Guilty.

I do agree with Garth and hope that Randy Travis is in the hall of fame in the near future..Next year should be his year unless Alan Jackson gets picked.. I also feel bad for Kenny Rogers and there are so many artist in that era deserve it.. Saying that, Garth should have been picked.

You know you're a Garth fanatic when....

You hear Jason Aldean and Luke Bryan cover Much Too Young and think it's good but you know nobody sings it like Garth (Guilty)

You told somebody to talk to the hand when they told you "Garth Brooks is done."

You start making up set lists for 2014.

You're anxious to see what Garth's plaque will look like when he gets his medallion (guilty, big time!)

If you wonder why "Wild Horses" was left off the Ultimate Hits.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    hmm- may be sticking my neck out here, but if memory serves, originally, Wild horses wasn't even a radio single- that didn't happen until the "remix" edition... (2000 I think it was? I may be wrong on the date).. that's probably why.. It's a great hit though, don't' get me wrong- a great song...
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

If you listen to Tanya Tucker's version of "The Thunder Rolls" and cringe because you know the original (by Garth) is 10 times better.

Ehh, Garth's is definitely better... !

As is his version of FILP, and not MArk Chestnutt's!

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

A little crazy

You listened to AC/DC, G&R, Metallica, etc etc, then ran out of CDs on the 12 CDs for a penny club back then, and bought a Garth album. Literally, I've listened to only Garth Brooks music ever since (17 years). I've listened to it so much, I've almost mastered sounding like him. When I was singing along at the Wynn, everyone sitting around me was looking at me like, "what in the world is going on here". Definitely a Garth wannabe.

If you want a DVD box set of the Vegas Show, Nashville Flood Relief, LA Wild Fires show, and Kansas City!

I'd love a representative DVD of the Vegas show! (nashville I have a 'copy' of, youtube songs mostly) , KC have, LA wildfires show would be great too!.. Closest I have to Vegas is the show when we was in Denver for a fundraiser 2 years ago (and that was thanks to someone I knew who went, and taped)

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Good one Charles!
    You know you're a Garth fanatic if you wonder when Garth will receive his medallion at the Hall of Fame.

..if you start looking for Garth on vinyl records even though you don't have a record player! (atleast yet!)

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    Ehh, Garth's is definitely better... !

As is his version of FILP, and not MArk Chestnutt's!
    Mark Chesnutt's version of Friends in Low Places has no feeling, while Mr. Brooks' version does. You feel the guy kiss-off attitude in the way Garth starts singing "But you'll never hear me complaaaaiin!!!".

You know you're a Garth fanatic when... you watch a PSA featuring We Shall Be Free and you think it's that unreleased video Garth was talking about back in '07 (Guilty - that happened the other night)

I am listening toChesnutt's version as I type, Garth Blows this out of the water!

you want Lost Sessions volume 2.....

17. You know you're a Garth fanatic when....

you walk about 4hours to get the DVD box The Entertainer

you can't fall asleep without a Garth fix always ending with THE DANCE <3

You know you're a Garth fanatic when...

You sang along with him and George Strait when they sang "The Cowboy Rides Away" and you don't even care for Strait. (I like his music a lot, so I don't fall under that category)

You wonder what tune Garth will play at the star-studded George Jones tribute concert in November.

You watch Trisha's cooking show just to see if Garth will appear (I haven't seen him on there yet)

You find a clip of Garth winning Artist of the Decade in 1999 on an online video site and remember where you were when that happened. (Guilty)

You would like to see Garth use pyrotechnics in his show if he ever comes back on tour (Guilty.)

You would like to hear Garth sing our national anthem again.

You've constantly explained to a friend or relative that Garth and Kix Brooks are not related.

You change the local country station in your car and switch over to one of his CDs.

You've never seen him in concert but you still hope to (Don't give up, y'all)

You order the Wynn hat and did not see the show live in person but loved the box set DVD that much. Guilty. Christmas present to myself.
    Matt
    "Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire"-GB

You know you're a Garth fanatic when...

You wonder why no lyrics were included inside the CD covers,

You think Garth is funnier than Vince Gill and Brad Paisley combined (Guilty! He was funny on SNL but that Vegas show had me rolling on the floor, especially the DVD)

You don't want Garth to make a video for his cover of Addicted to Love (Guilty, leave that to Shania, who did a fine job parodying it)

You want to see Garth, George, Toby Keith and Tim McGraw singing "Unwound" together on the same stage.

You've ever sang "The Call" with your significant other when you're in different rooms. (I'm gonna try that with mine)

You hear Garth sing "Mrs. Robinson" and Forrest Gump enters your mind.

+ Reply to Thread