+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: You know you're a Garth fanatic if...

You know you're a Garth fanatic if...

You know you're a Garth fanatic if

You constantly remind yourself, "There ain't nobody in this world who's gonna do it for you - do what you gotta do" (guilty!)

You spend hours on Photoshop designing Mo Betta-type shirts just for fun.

You had at least four Garth love songs played at your senior prom.

You can hum the melodies of many Garth classics (guilty).

You named your kid or pet after Garth.

You put up a countdown clock on your website that counts down until 2015 (when he is rumored to return full time)

You cannot have a conversation with anyone without mentioning the fact that Garth is releasing a new greatest hits package next month.

You look at western shirts at Cavenders and think to yourself, "Garth would've wore this shirt during so-and-so tour." (guilty!)

You took February 7th off just because it was Garth's birthday.

"That Ol' Wind" reminds you of how you and your boyfriend/girlfriend got back together.

You yell "GOD BLESS CHRIS LeDOUX" every time you hear "Much Too Young" on the radio. (Guilty!)

You refuse to buy CDs at Wal Mart because Garth's deal with them has expired.

You have every country music magazine with Garth on the cover - and they're still in mint condition.

At the end your high school graduation, you screamed, "Yeaahhhhhhhh!" (as Garth does whenever he's excited) when you threw your cap in the air. (Guilty)

You dressed up as Chris Gaines for Halloween (guilty).

You wish the American Honky Tonk Bar Association was real.

You dream about meeting Garth at least once a week.

You want the lyrics from the chorus of "The Dance" written on your tombstone.

Garth's white tux in the Red Strokes video helped you decide what you wore to your senior prom (guilty)

You attend "Legends in Concert" just to see if the Garth impersonator does him justice.

You believe Garth should be inducted into the Songwriters, Rock n' Roill AND the Country Music Halls of Fame

During your vacation to Southern California, you kissed Garth's star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

You bid over $100.00 for a copy of the Hungry Years on eBay.

You've lived more than one Garth song.

You won't sing any other artists' songs at the karaoke bar except Garth's.

You like the San Diego Padres just because Garth participated in spring training with them.

You can remember when your first bought or received Garth's albums. (Guilty)

Every Christmas gift you've ever bought had something to do with Garth.

You thought "The Lamb" was a contemporary Christian song written by Garth and Victoria Shaw.

You watch The Tonight Show only because Jay Leno and Garth are friends.

The only other country artists you listen to are either influenced by Garth, fans of his, or the ones who inspired him.

You watch Nashville Star hoping nobody will ruin one of Garth's songs. (guilty)

The idea of other country stars doing a tribute CD of Garth's music makes you cringe.

You listen to Garth while jogging or working out.

You think "Callin' Baton Rouge" should be the theme song for the Baton Rouge Board of Tourism.

Someone starts whistling the chorus of "Friends in Low Places" and you immediately start singing it to yourself.

You have the biggest amount of Garth memorabilia than anyone else in your state, and you won it all on eBay.

You deleted your account on YouTube after all Garth-related videos were removed. (guilty, big time)

You decide to move to Oklahoma because its Garth's home state.

You wish Reba would have sang with Garth on her Duets album.

You cannot go to Dallas, Texas without driving by or attending an event at Reunion Arena or Texas Stadium because Garth played there.

You were enraged when Marilyn Manson killed Garth on Celebrity Deathmatch.

Every ringtone on your cell phone is a Garth song.

Pictures of Central Park remind you of August 7, 1997.

FOR THE LADIES

Your boyfriend/husband purchases a Mo Betta shirt, Wranglers, lace-up ropers and a Stetson so he'll look like Garth.

Your spouse or significant sings your favorite Garth song to you on Valentine's Day or your birthday.

You imagine what it's like to be Trisha when you listen to "Meet Me in Love," "To Make You Feel My Love" or "Shameless."

I could go on and on, but those came to my mind first. Feel free to add your own. But here's a Garth-related You Might be A Redneck joke I made up

"If you think Garth Brooks's song "Ireland" is that country's national anthem....you might be a redneck."

If you think about it, the song sounds like it could be, because our national anthem tells of a battle as well.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    some good ones!
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Thank you, Skywise. I'll add more after I see others' responses.
    The one about remembering when you bought his albums is so true: I got the No Fences tape for Christmas 1991, Ropin' the Wind and Garth Brooks for my 5th birthday (May '92), Beyond the Season in August that same year, followed by The Chase for Christmas '92, In Pieces on its release date at Sam Goody in the local mall, The Hits two days after its release, Fresh Horses for Christmas '95, Sevens on its release date, The first Limited Series for my 11th birthday ('98), Double Live for Christmas '98, The Life of Chris Gaines on its release date, Scarecrow on its release date, The Magic of Christmas: Songs from Call Me Claus a week later, the second boxed set on its release date, the 17-song Lost Sessions a week after it came out, and the Entertainer on its release date.

I own every record that he has, but there are plenty of no's on that list in my Point of View. Although I wished they would've played Garth AT MY HOMECOMING LAST YEAR!

Overhearing a Garth song in ANY location will stop you in your tracks (it does me)

--spud--

If you read a thread titled "You know your a Garth fanatic if..." to see how many on the list apply to yourself and your head hurts afterwards from nodding when you're done.

~Ann~

Vegoth, FILP was played at my school's homecoming dances all 4 years I attended, and Shameless was played at my senior prom.

You also know you're a Garth fanatic when....

- Your MySpace page has a quote from the "We Shall Be Free" video.

- You would rather hear Garth's album Scarecrow than John Cougar's 1980s album of the same name.

- You still have all the issues of the believer magazine. (You know, I've been a GB fan my whole life and I never subscribed to it. SHAME ON ME!)

- The day Garth announced his retirement is referred to you as "the day country music went down the drain".

- It drives you crazy when people refer to Tim McGraw, Toby Keith or Kenny Chesney as "the next Garth Brooks" or compare them to Garth.

- You have a pillow that is patterened after one of Garth's famous shirts.

- "The Chase" does not refer to what you see on America's Wildest Police Videos or the 6 o'clock news.

- You can actually write Garth's signature (I can do the one you see at the beginning of TIGB and TIGB Too)

- All your "research papers on a famous person," whether assigned in school or college, were about Garth, Martina McBride, Steve Wariner, Chris LeDoux or Trisha Yearwood.

--You yell "GOD BLESS CHRIS LeDOUX" every time you hear "Much Too Young" on the radio.--

I'm not the only one! I always enjoyed doing that ever since I first heard it. It just seems like the new normal for the song.

I also have one to add that I'm guilty of -- "If you seem to be the only person in upstate New York that wears the Mo Betta shirt from Callin' Baton Rouge."

By the way, nice list!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven75407 View Post
    - The day Garth announced his retirement is referred to you as "the day country music went down the drain".
    I was gonna say "A Day That Will Live In Imfamy" but that works too

How about...

Every time there is a thunder storm you start to sing "the thunder rolls"

After seeing the video for "The Red Strokes" your new favorite color becomes red, you watch it over and over again thinking how in the name of god did he wash all that paint off

when your in the car you search all the country stations until you find a garth song and when it's over you consider that station "used up" for a good 2 hours and continue to search the other stations for a garth song

when you hear people talking about kenny chesneys summer tour your instant reaction is If Garth were touring kenny wouldn't stand a chance

You watch the movie "Frequency" and "Hope Floats" just because garth sang songs for them

You look for garth posters whenever you go to wal-mart even though you know there won't be any (But seriously wal-mart should have done that because it would have made a good deal of money)

This is a cool thread. I am quite shocked at how many of these apply to me and that they OBVIOUSLY apply to others as well. I really thought that I was the "only one" who do this or that...FUNNY STUFF!! Great thread!

Isn't Garth's "Ireland" Irelands National Anthem...?

Wait, you mean that Garth didn't record a cover of Ireland's National Anthem? Oh well, brain fart.

Here's another one

...you choose Garth as your cultural leader from the 1990's for your English project, just so you can dress up as him and play one of his songs for your class. GOOD TIMES :-)

You know you're a Garth fanatic when... (Part 3)

- You go with a friend to see George Strait just because he influenced Garth.

- You watch other artists' concerts and write down what special effects they have that you'd like to see Garth try at his shows.

- You've ever been in a fistfight with someone over their opinion of Garth's marketing savvy (the Scott Hendricks/Pat Quigely deal.)

- The local radio station has blocked your number because you bugged the heck out of them trying to request "More Than A Memory."

- You think the bronze statue of Garth inside Buck Owens' Crystal Palace should be placed in Yukon's town square.

When you buy non refundable plane tickets to Kansas City before you have concert tickets!!! What an idiot(referring to self)!!
    Jessica

Quote Originally Posted by gb_rocks View Post
    When you buy non refundable plane tickets to Kansas City before you have concert tickets!!! What an idiot(referring to self)!!
    Or when you have family members that will buy the concert tickets for you because they actually live in Missouri (Got em' by the handful baby!!!) PLEASE WAIT FOR THEM WHEN THE TICKETS GO ON SALE!!!

You sit in your driveway until the Garth song on the radio is over, mainly because you are singing along.

When you can't sleep the night before tickets go on sale because your that excited, nervous and pumped!!

well i just got a shoe to the head crtiousy of my sister, due to the fact i couldnt stop laughting and woke her up. i do believe i will now super glue myself to my computer chair.
    bulls&mud over and out.

You know you're a Garth Fanatic when... Your older brother who is (or was) a Garth Fan storms into your room while your blasting Garth at full max on your stereo, and rips the CD out of the player and snaps it in half, because he is soo tired of hearing Garth/the same songs over & over again!!!!

The sad part is that's true! My brother snapped my Fresh Horses CD in half because I kept playing the same songs over 12 times in a row!!! An hour later he came back and gave me his copy of Fresh Horses because he felt bad! XD

You know you're a Garth fanatic if

- You own and wear so many Garth tee shirts that people start calling you garth.

- You still show up to Wal Mart at midnight to buy his new album.

- You have a blow up fight with your wife in the labor room cause you think the name Garth would be a great name and she tells you how crazy you are.

- You wife names your son Jackson and you still call him Garth.

- You buy a stetson hat and try to reshape it like one of Garth's hats.

You cry when you can't find any tickets to his concert in KS and then run up and down your street screeming when your dad buys you some for way too much money!

Quote Originally Posted by GBFanGirl View Post
    You cry when you can't find any tickets to his concert in KS and then run up and down your street screeming when your dad buys you some for way too much money!
    That sounds a lot like me!!! XD Except I was crying when I couldn't find any tickets after the 4th show , and then when I got 1 ticket (not the 5 I was hoping for), I cried even more!!! XD

...you try to get at week of from work to fly over and see as many concerts as possible. But it's only a 22 hour trip each way, so it's worth it!

When I was in high school, I had a classmate bet me $10 that I didn't have enough Garth shirts to wear a different one to school each day for a week... I bet him $50 that I could wear a different one each day for 2 weeks - and I did! Of course he never paid me. lol

You drive for 1/12 hrs from Jersey to Philly to pick up a country station, pull over to listen, and have to tell people NO I'm not having car trouble I'm waiting to hear more than a memory then sitting for another hour to hear it again.
    Almost getting arrested in a bar for unplugging the karaoke when another man "tries" to sing The Dance.
    Including Garth in my daily prayers and telling God the man he created on 02/07/1962 is one of His best works.

Quote Originally Posted by Breshiki View Post
    You know you're a Garth Fanatic when... Your older brother who is (or was) a Garth Fan storms into your room while your blasting Garth at full max on your stereo, and rips the CD out of the player and snaps it in half, because he is soo tired of hearing Garth/the same songs over & over again!!!!

The sad part is that's true! My brother snapped my Fresh Horses CD in half because I kept playing the same songs over 12 times in a row!!! An hour later he came back and gave me his copy of Fresh Horses because he felt bad! XD

You are a garth fanatic if each of you have a copy of the same CD.

If you live in California, bought tickets to the OK concert, to then buy tix to the last night of KC and will be driving between the two!! And I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who yells "God Bless Chris Ledoux" and sits in my car to listen to the rest of every garth song on the radio, even though i have them all on cd.

Jackson / Garth LOL!

I only got ONE also - when are you going?

+ Reply to Thread