+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: You know you're a Garth fanatic if...

You know you're a Garth fanatic when........omg, this is terrible.........in the back of your mind you are hoping for another disaster so he'll announce another run of benefit shows. So guilty!
    "You know the woman wants her cowboy....."

If you fly halfway around the world to see him at the wynn.

If during the studio version of 'Much Too Young' you yell out 'God Bless Chris LeDoux' after the line "a wornout tape of Chris LeDoux......"

Or if you can visualize Garth singing at Central Park, Croke Park, TIGB, TIGB2.....while listening to the CDs.

I LOVE the one about in the back of your mind you're hoping for another disaster so Garth will have another run of benefit concerts!
    That is too funny! I laughed out loud at that one. I can related to so many of these so I know that I am a Garth fan through and
    through!

You know your a Garth fanatic when..

You're disappointed that GAC did not broadcast a single concert from Nashville.

You want Garth to play stadiums when he comes back in 2015 (Guilty. If Strait and Chesney can do it, Garth can too)

You sample a tribute album to Garth's music performed by a bunch of unknown John Does and you like it. (Guilty, it had nearly every single he had on the charts)

You wish Garth had never retired at all. (I feel that way sometimes.)
    Last edited by Steven75407; 01-03-2011 at 09:43 AM.

^^ Or, if you feel like Garth never did retire. ;-)

.....If you have all the original releases of his studio albums (Garth Brooks, No Fences, Ropin' the Wind, The Chase, In Pieces, Fresh Horses, Sevens, Scarecrow).

(I also got the Wal-Mart box set because I missed the Double Live set-out of stupidity on my part...and of course I wanted the "original " Lost Sessions cd.)

How about owning two copys of every cd one opened and one sealed! (including the box set and the performer and everyone of the double lives with different covers)

Quote Originally Posted by lstuder70 View Post
    How about owning two copys of every cd one opened and one sealed! (including the box set and the performer and everyone of the double lives with different covers)
    That qualifies...welcome to PG!

Paula

Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

I have to say...I have been a fan of Garth Brooks for about 6 years now...and I fit a bunch of these...its crazy!

Emily

i love all that what garth fan saying

Ive enjoyed reading all the posts.. and I agree with many of them....

my addition to the thread would be that I have a pet chicken named Garth!! Actually I could go on for hours on reasons Im a Garth fanatic... like
    ...traveling 5 hours each way to nashville twice in the same week to see Garth in Dec....
    ...Paying 250 $ for Vegas tickets even though I really cant afford it... and on the same note going to the Garth Vegas show all by myself because no one else will pay the price to go with me....
    ... and heres one Im hoping Im not alone with... you know your a garth fanatic if all of your family and friends think your crazy for all the things you do in the name of Garth!!

Quote Originally Posted by sarahgb777 View Post
    ... and heres one Im hoping Im not alone with... you know your a garth fanatic if all of your family and friends think your crazy for all the things you do in the name of Garth!!
    Oh, you're definitely not alone. Many (if not most) of us are with you on that. My friends and family have just learned to deal with it and sometimes even let me know if they hear of any new Garth news or appearances. Of course, by the time they hear this "new" information, I have already known about it for several days, if not weeks.

Paula

Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

Im with you there too! My roommates are sooo sick of my playing Garth all of the time. They also try to tell me some news about him...but I usually have gotten the news through updates already. I think they are learning to deal with my obession by now.

Emily

what news you are talking about
    Last edited by sss; 02-23-2011 at 10:11 PM.

Garth got inducted into the Song Writers Hall of fame!

Emily

oh ok

emily
    have you seen Garth brooks be for

No Im trying to save my money to go and see him in Vegas...but being a college student its kind of hard. I hope to see him there my Senior year spring break. I have seen a bunch of his old concert footage though. I did meet a guy at one of my college hockey games that knows Garth and he said that his Vegas show is amazing!

Emily

i seen garth brooks in vegas 1/22/20010
    is sososososo good

I deff...plant to get there sometime...thats for sure.

Emily

Im trying to talk my husband in going a fourth time but with the ticket prices being raised Im getting some resistance! ughhhhh

Ok...I finally have one to add...you know your a garth fanatic when your laptop at school dies for good and you resort to useing your nook to get your garth fix.
    yeah...that's me right now.

Emily

You know you're a Garth fanatic when...

You plan your next craft project around what to make for Garth, and should it be for the Millers, OSU or the G logo.

You know you're a Garth fanatic if...

You can recite Garth's acceptance speech from when he won the ACM Entertainer of the Year (Guilty.)

You see concert footage of Chesney on TV and instantly change the channel.

You follow one of the members of Stillwater on Twitter.

Who in Stillwater tweets?
    "Grace is when God gives us what we don't deserve and mercy is when God doesn't give us what we do deserve" - Dan Roberts

I am guilty of so many of these! This has been a fun read. Thanks everyone !
    Heavenís not beyond the clouds, itís just beyond the fear. No, heavenís not beyond the clouds, itís for us to find it here.

Quote Originally Posted by luvsgarth62 View Post
    If during the studio version of 'Much Too Young' you yell out 'God Bless Chris LeDoux' after the line "a wornout tape of Chris LeDoux......"
    After the shows in December, I'm still yelling: "I've got a ride in NASHVILLE tomorrow night!!"

+ Reply to Thread