+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: You know you're a Garth fanatic if...

You know you're a Garth fanatic when...

Taylor Swift's performance of "15" at the CMA Awards made you think of Garth's performance of "If Tomorrow Never Comes" during his Ireland & Back special. (Guilty)

You hope Garth will be added to the list of celebrities at the Madame Tussauds wax museum in Las Vegas after he plays the Wynn. (They have Tim McGraw, but they'll have to find another spot for him.)

You wish Garth's Christmas CDs would go back into print.

You spent your last $7.00 on the tote bag that features Garth's 1993 Rolling Stone cover (guilty)

You find out Garth doing a Vegas show and can't eat, sleep, think and have to take a couple days off of work cause the anticipation is to much... (Guilty)

Name your dog Troyal and LOVE explaining the meaning of his name 1000's of times... (Guilty it never gets old)

Having a Garth Brooks saving's account just in case he decides to come out of retirement early... (Guilty and it paid off cause I'm going to Vegas Baby)

...when you re-sell your extra tickets at or below face value, because you don't want to let Garth down (even when you know you could sell them for enough money to pay for your whole trip!)

...when despite entering your third month of unemployment, you take your holiday gift money from your relatives to fly, on one day's notice, to Las Vegas.

Without a concert ticket, on OPENING NIGHT.

(and...when you then get up the courage to request Chris Gaines during the encore LOL)
    "Time is a friend to all things good."

Push Marie

Can't believe anyone hasn't mentioned the part in FILP where it is yelled "push Marie" around 3:39ish.

I swear outloud when my local radio station, cuts it off too early for the news. I like that part!

troyal147

part 7

You think Stillwater should have joined him in Vegas. (he could have Dave, Mark, Steph, Mike, Johnny and Bruce).

You buy the Sesame Street 40th Anniversary DVD set just for Garth & Trisha's appearances in the celebrity version of "Sing" (Guilty)

You wonder if Garth ever thought about getting a hair transplant.

You refuse to read any tabloid stuff about Garth. (guilty)

You love Garth's duets with Trisha, but you would like to hear him sing with Oklahoma's country ladies, Carrie Underwood and Reba McEntire. (Guilty)

New York, New York, United States, 108424279189115, New York, New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven75407 View Post
    You wonder if Garth ever thought about getting a hair transplant.
    It hurts too much!
    Love Always,
    Jo@nn
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
    It's about learning to dance in the rain.

You tried to get onto the stadium floor in Kansas City to talk to Bob Doyle by offering the security guard your shoes (so he would know you'd come back). True story... unfortunately the guards tend to be real sticklers for the rules.

You carry around your concert tickets in your wallet just in case you were to ever meet Garth.

You buy every cover of the double-live album.

You own the Hungry Years.

You buy the holographic version of the Chris Gaines album for more reason than just the fact that it is shiny.

You get Garth google alerts.

You wish you were Trisha.

I'm Dana by the way. I've been a Garth fan ever since my dad bought me his box set when I was ten (I've actually been a Trisha fan my whole life, so Garth already had bonus points by the time I found his music). I've been lurking (in a non-creepy way) around this board for years, so it doesn't feel like I'm a new member. I just finally decided to post. I'm twenty now, a student at Belmont University (woo hoo!), and hoping that someday I'll get to meet the man himself! I was lucky enough to see Garth in Kansas City for the first time when I was seventeen. Best day ever.

Welcome out of lurker mode to posting mode! You qualify as a Garth fanatic.

Paula

Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

Ha. Thanks Paula! I feel so honored.

Welcome to the Planet Dana

Thanks Maggie! I'm glad we're referring to Planet Garth and not Planet Earth...Though I supposed it could be argued either way.

OK Time for me to reveal my "Garth Crazy"....I feel safe here.
    -You have 4 Mo' Betta shirts, having worn at least 2 of them to school and one of them was to prove to a friend you actually had the shirt from "TIGB2", and also while wearing it having to explain to the ignorant non-Garth fans "no...I did NOT lose a bet...Mo' betta look it up."

-You want a Takamine GB7C SOO Bad even though you don't play..so why do they have to be $1300!

-You want a Stetson Tyler, also just because that's HIS HAT!

-You have listened to Double Live so many times you know what song is coming on just by one distinctive scream from the audience (this is VERY True I know FILP just by the distinctive "WhooHoo" about a second into it)

-You are going to spend the three years you have left in high school trying to convince your freshmen English teacher to like Garth, even though she can't stand country music....This is gonna be a project but it'll work.

-You wonder how in the world all your fellow Garth fans got to meet him and give him things!! I would litterally FAINT if I ever met this man....

OK so now I feel I must elaborate on 2 things: The Mo' Betta Shirt thing: I gave my friend TJ (another GB fan) the disc for TIGB2. Told him I had the "SOTF Shirt" (cause I mean look at it! he shoulda wor it for the music video) and he didn't believe me so I wore it...and people gave me the wierdest looks...and, yes asked me what bet I lost.....ignorant people! lol

The reason I mention the English Teacher is because of this little story: After many feebled attempts to convince her to listen to GB...I sorta TRY to switch things on her. I tell her about Chris Gaines, (leaving out that it was a GB experiment) she INSTANTLY knew what I was getting at...and called me on it. (it wasnt mean intentions or anything. its just sort of a running joke we have......but I thought the CG story was funny, cause who knew someone who didn't like GB would know about CG!!)

So thats my "Garth Crazy"! BIG fan of his and very thankful for this forum to just talk about all things Garth!
    Last edited by gbfansince3; 06-13-2010 at 11:32 AM.

you're too much of a garth brooks fan if:

you dream of actually writing a song with Garth and your second favorite artist

it's happened to me, I dreamed one night in high school about writing a song with Garth Brooks and Jack Ingram and that song would pay an homage to autistic children. That dream is part of an alternate universe in my head where I lead a country music band that got mentored by Brooks and this band had an unbroken streak of 25 #1 hits and counting.

You know you're a Garth fanatic if...

You wonder if Garth would release another CD/DVD combo of charted singles that missed the cut of "The Ultimate Hits."

The words "Kenny Chesney in 3D" make your stomach churn. (Guilty)

You wish Garth would release a DVD of his best TV appearances (singing the national anthem at the Super Bowl, the medley of classic country tunes, hosting SNL, etc.)

It boggles your mind why Garth is against the digital world (Guilty)

You're a Las Vegas resident and STILL go see him play at the Encore Theater.

You know you're an addict when you search the net to see if he attended the park dedication in Kaycee Saturday...(he did, with Trisha).
    "Grace is when God gives us what we don't deserve and mercy is when God doesn't give us what we do deserve" - Dan Roberts

You know you're a Garth fanatic when you seriously start to think up the best 'Shameless' tattoo to have on your rear end, just because you read Garth mentioning about it in his Vegas show. And you've never had any tattoos.

Or when you start to plan your next trip to Vegas right after Garth's show and you don't even like the city. And you go bankrupt if you do it.
    Tiina

Im booked my second Vegas trip so I know what you mean, and I have a verse of the Dance tattooed on my back!

You're a Garth Fan if when you hear "The Dance" Your mind can see every scene from the "Original" video

You know you're a Garth fan if....... You love David Nail's video for "Red Light" simply because he is wearing a Garth Brooks T-shirt.
    "You know the woman wants her cowboy....."

Thats awesome!!! Way to go David!

Or, you have your Dad get his physical therapy by toe stepping to Garth's Greatest Hits DVD!
    What fun!
    Susan

Loved your "Jersey to Philly" story, Maggie!
    Susan

You know you're a Garth fanatic if...

You were disappointed that Garth and Trisha didn't attend the Opry Comes Home celebration. (guilty)

You favorited Garth Brooks' medley of George Jones songs from the tribute at the Kennedy Center on You Tube. (guilty)

Your license plate says, "GBFAN4LIFE"

Your pickup truck has the lowercase "g" sticker on the rear window.

You know you're a Garth fan when you miss your daughter's school event so you can stay home to try to get tickets for the Nashville shows.

..if you are preparing "mission control"....setting up 4 computers ready for 10 am on ticketmaster .....and the phone as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    ..if you are preparing "mission control"....setting up 4 computers ready for 10 am on ticketmaster .....and the phone as well!
    Interesting analogy! I'll definitely be putting my Space Camp Mission Control training to use tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    You know you're a Garth fan when you miss your daughter's school event so you can stay home to try to get tickets for the Nashville shows.
    My sister's boys have FFA judging practice that won't be over until 1. She gave them each money so that they can go to McDonalds (its across the street from the school) and eat and wait there, just in case the ticket buying goes long

if you have asked your boss about getting time off for the concert that has just been announced and tickets haven't even gone on sale!

if you are going to be at work at the time tickets go on sale and you are planning the night before how you can still try at 10:00 even if it means letting a co-worker use your till to work out of so you can be on the phone trying!

if you cried when you moved to a different state and got a new plate and had to say goodbye to your "gbfans4" plate and couldn't afford the extra for the personalized plates at the time so no more G plates!!
    And now, I'm glad I didn't know,
    the way it all would end, the way it all would go, our lives are better left to chance, I could have missed the pain, but I'd have had to miss, the Dance.

You know you're a Garth fanatic if. . .

You only started listening to Chris LeDoux because Garth mentioned him in a song and now you love him as much as Garth. . .

. . . And when you watch the video to Five Dollar Fine so much because of the few seconds at the end that Garth is in it.

+ Reply to Thread