+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: You know you're a Garth fanatic if...

Alright, how 'bout this... You know you're a Garth fanatic when...

1. ...you don't think twice about spending all the money you've been saving for the last year so that you can fly to Kansas City from Seattle just to sit in the nosebleed section of a concert!!!

2. ...you tell someone that you are NOT CRAZY for doing this, but rather that you would be CRAZY NOT TO... That person completely agrees with you and begs that they could go with you...

3. ... you start thinking that maybe that the person in part 2 is your soulmate... hahaha

love this!

"You named your kid or pet after Garth."

Guilty on both counts....

Cat, Cheyenne
    Daughter's middle name Brooke.

garth fanatic if .... you ordered your tix and ate, drank, and slept garth info those first few days.. on Monday morning you walked out of the house for work not realizing you still were wearing your pajama bottoms.

you are watching ECW wrestling deal on tv right now only because it is at the Sprint Center and you are envisioning the stage and trying to find your seats.... you're hoping that the cameraman will pan the audience instead of showing the actual wrestling....

New York, New York, United States, 108424279189115, New York, New York
    Quote Originally Posted by gb_rocks View Post
    When you buy non refundable plane tickets to Kansas City before you have concert tickets!!! What an idiot(referring to self)!!
    Guilty!!! LOL
    Love Always,
    Jo@nn
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
    It's about learning to dance in the rain.

You know you're a fan when:
    *you trade in your car for one of lesser value to get some money back in order to buy those tickets/hotel/flight to see Garth just ONCE! :-) :guilty:
    *you get into a knock down drag out with your mom because she PROMISED she would babysit your three kids, just because she "though you'd NEVER actually go". :guilty: I'M GOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOO HOOOOO!
    *you are spending every last dime you have to your name to just *be there*...because you just could not be anywhere else on that Saturday night. :guilty:
    :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
    Also! I have the cutest little dog named *Brooks Blue*. Why?? What else would I name him???? ;-)
    Last edited by OnAPrayer; 10-24-2007 at 02:19 PM. Reason: to add Brooks' name at the bottom! LOL
    There's a ship out, on the ocean, at the mercy of the sea...

LOL....love this thread.

So many apply...God Bless Chris LeDoux...definitely.

....didn't know who Chris was except through that song - went to see in concert anyway/or because of and fell in love (saw big resemblence in live shows between Chris and Garth)

.....watched MTAM video so many times on Friday that USB adapter burned up

.....have photo of 2 yr old daughter playing toy guitar with Garth on tv in the background (she's going to first show and soooo excited)

Quote Originally Posted by Cat3192 View Post
    LOL....love this thread.

So many apply...God Bless Chris LeDoux...definitely.

....didn't know who Chris was except through that song - went to see in concert anyway/or because of and fell in love (saw big resemblence in live shows between Chris and Garth)

.....watched MTAM video so many times on Friday that USB adapter burned up

.....have photo of 2 yr old daughter playing toy guitar with Garth on tv in the background (she's going to first show and soooo excited)
    .....have grandson singing Pull Your Hat Down Tight And Just LeDoux It!! in a Woody (from Toy Story) cowboy hat and a toy guitar!!!
    Love Always,
    Jo@nn

lol i love this thread.
    I am so glad that I'm not the only one who does the GOD BLESS CHRIS LeDOUX thing..
    I think I'm the only girl on Long Island who owns the same Mo Betta sweatshirt Garth wore on a CMT show ..
    anyway, I hope everyone going to the concerts has a great time and let me know how awesome they were!!

-Noelle
    Noelle Marie <3

Hey Noelle how come I don't know you?? I thought I knew every GB fan in the Greater NY area!!! LOL
    Love Always,
    Jo@nn

you know you're a garth fanatic when you can list every track in order on every Garth album.......and then list them again backwards...haha

Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    you know you're a garth fanatic when you can list every track in order on every Garth album.......and then list them again backwards...haha
    Woah!! That's good!! I don't even think my friend Harriet could do that!!! LOL
    Love Always,
    Jo@nn

I DANCED on Garth's Hollywood star..does that count?

One more thing...I heard this joke when Garth was still on tour and breaking all those records. I told it to Garth, and he laughed his cute little butt off...

What do Garth Brooks and Darth Vader have in common?
    They both wear big black hats, and they are both taking over the universe.

Huggz to all,
    R

Quote Originally Posted by GsezR View Post
    I DANCED on Garth's Hollywood star..does that count?

One more thing...I heard this joke when Garth was still on tour and breaking all those records. I told it to Garth, and he laughed his cute little butt off...

What do Garth Brooks and Darth Vader have in common?
    They both wear big black hats, and they are both taking over the universe.

Huggz to all,
    R
    R That is a good one!!
    We can even change it to "STILL taking over the Universe!!!!"
    Love Always,
    Jo@nn

I'll try a few....

.....When there is any mention of Garth in the media, your friends come to you to ask if it's true. (GUILTY)

.....you have special dispensation from your spouse/significant other that if Garth EVER offers to sleep with you, you can...and it won't be considered cheating. (GUILTY!) (Note...my fiance is allowed to sleep with Halle Berry.)

....You don't even have to think about what MTAM, AHBA, FILP, etc. stand for, you just know.

....FILP is not the only Garth song you can "name that tune in four notes". (GUILTY!)

....You kept a Navy magazine only because it told about the battle of Belleauwood....and eventually gave it to Garth! (GUILTY)

....You already know what all your concert signs are going to say for the KC concerts. GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY!

Huggz,
    R

I think I can do that...
    Let's see-
    on "Garth Brooks" theres-

1.Not counting you
    2.I've got a good thing going
    3.if tommarrow never comes

... ha ha this is fun!

haha...good job..

then it's

Uptown downhome good ol boy, everytime that it rains, alabama clay.....

In the USA, the best country in the world
    much too young, cowboy bill, nobody gets off in this town, then I know one and finishing it off w/ the dance...
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

good job! I could continue with No Fences...but I don't want to show off...haha

ahh come on!

thunder rolls
    new way to fly
    two of a kind, working on a full house

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

- on a side note.. you also know you're a garth fanatic if

you buy tickets to the theater show, and then buy tickets to the encore the next night, so you can see it again!

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Victim of the Game
    Friends in Low Places
    This Ain't Tennessee- on the bonus cd
    Wild Horses

haha...good job..

then it's

Uptown downhome good ol boy, everytime that it rains, alabama clay.....

uptown downhome good ol' boy is only on the one from Wal- Mart or on the Limited Series 1st edition

Quote Originally Posted by GBronx View Post
    Hey Noelle how come I don't know you?? I thought I knew every GB fan in the Greater NY area!!! LOL
    lol :]
    i actually dont really know any garth fans around here...
    do you know a lot ?
    Noelle Marie <3

--You know you are a Garth fanatic when you go to see a singer you have NEVER really heard of because he is the original singer of "Squeeze me in" only to discover you REALLY like him and have now seen him NUMEROUS times. (Delbert McClinton)

--or.. your three year old TELLS you when Garth is on Sesame Street and all you can think of is how proud you are.

--your crowning moment on an awesome trip to TN was that YOU got your picture taken in front of Garth's gates lol.

--and--

--you are quoted in a newspaper after being asked if you could ask Garth anything what would it be and you reply "Boxers briefs or Freeball" (sigh. Chapel Hill NC. lol)

--and--

--

ah garth...

bought 2 tickets
    had no money

bought 2 more tickets
    still had no money

bought a t-shirt
    still ain't got no money

have to drive 4 hrs to get there
    still no money

have to drive at breakneck speed (work)
    have to go
    have to go
    have to go

WHO CARES!!!???
    IT'S GARTH BABY!!
    "And I will sail my vessel till the river runs dry"~Garth

Left a light on...AND HE CAME BACK!

Quote Originally Posted by Gbrksfan View Post
    --You know you are a Garth fanatic when you go to see a singer you have NEVER really heard of because he is the original singer of "Squeeze me in" only to discover you REALLY like him and have now seen him NUMEROUS times. (Delbert McClinton)

--or.. your three year old TELLS you when Garth is on Sesame Street and all you can think of is how proud you are.

--your crowning moment on an awesome trip to TN was that YOU got your picture taken in front of Garth's gates lol.

--and--

--you are quoted in a newspaper after being asked if you could ask Garth anything what would it be and you reply "Boxers briefs or Freeball" (sigh. Chapel Hill NC. lol)

--and--

--
    Delbert... Totally my fault (or actually TonyArata's for raving about Delbert all the time, and that gets it back to being really Garth's for singing Tony's songs, and Delbert's. )

TN-My fault but actually Delbert's (see above) because he has a great band and we wanted to see them solo, and a 21 hour round trip drive in one weekend made since because SOMEONE had never touched the GATES, or seen Jack's Tracks, or EATEN at the Pantry....I as a good and faithful GARTH Buddy had to remedy that. (yea, I really just wanted to go to TN, see the sights, and show off how NOT LOST I get.)

Three Year old-Thankfully not my fault. I'm to blame for his Cheeto addiction, and assorted other bad habits.

And the Interview: I'm glad I wasn't there, because my question would have probably been worse!!!

Mel

Quote Originally Posted by karik View Post
    uptown downhome good ol' boy is only on the one from Wal- Mart or on the Limited Series 1st edition
    it's been on every re-release that I'm aware of, from the first ltd series, the diamond series, the re-masterings at walmart.....

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

how about this...
    ..you spend $800 from a ticket broker a week before tix even went on sale, just to ensure that no matter what you would have some..then find out he's opened it up to 9 shows, and manage to buy tix from ticketmaster for regular price..but not even care, and justify it that you saved a little money by reselling the original tix you bought for a measley $150....oh..and also the 16 hours of driving, to take into account.....but still not care because its all for garth and i have been quoted saying i will spend up to $2000 to see him anywhere...which i almost did! hah!

balled at work

when i asked my boss for the time off and she said yes, as soon as I walked out of her office, a fellow worker was right there and i ended up balling her in arms, I was so excited and she was so happy for me. It was nice to share that moment with someone who was actually happy for me (we're having problems at work). And my dad is living up to his promise of when garth first came out that if i could get tickets anywhere in the world that he would take me, (he backed out at central park)

kellissia aka troyal147

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    it's been on every re-release that I'm aware of, from the first ltd series, the diamond series, the re-masterings at walmart.....

What is the Diamond Series?

Sorry, Most of the CD's were released when I was little, and my parents aren't huge country music people. I had to introduce myself to country!

+ Reply to Thread