+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Once there was a concert ...

Once there was a concert ...

Gosh, it's been a long time since I was active on this forum. Some time in 2001 actually. I got lost along the way, but I recently noticed that Garth married Trisha (see, how lost I got ... ) and dug out all my CDs again.

And I began to wonder: Does anyone have a recording of a certain concert that took place on October 12, 1996, in St. Louis? Garth promised us that while he was there in town (three days) he'd record all the concerts, and the fans who cheered loudest would be picked for a live CD. naturally, we tried as best as we could but I never again thought about it until I bought the DoubleLive CD.

What I liked about it, was that he sung lots of other famous songs by Billy Joel, Simon & Garfunkel etc. Also, it was one cool show.

So if there's anyone who was there, too, please let me know. Or maybe many of his concerts were like this (I've only managed to go to this one), does anyone have recordings of those?

Lots of thanks ...

In the USA, the best country in the world
    I'll give a look to my concerts that I do have- but I dont' know if I have it or not..
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Thanks Skywise, I did a bit of researching and found out that there's actually a concert review of "my" concert here on PlanetGarth: http://www.planetgarth.com/news/article.php?cid=00035 (although it is dated Oct 9, while I was there on the 12th).

Anyway, I checked your website (good work I must say, you really are a collector). It doesn't look like you have anything about that concert, although the Kansas one was probably from the same tour ...

Skywise, do you have a "encore collection" or cover songs that Garth has done live in concert?

In the USA, the best country in the world
    I will have to check what I have in my collection specifically, but I do seem to recall an 'encore songs' cd...
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Hi Skywise,

you can't seem to get any PMs anymore. What's wrong?

+ Reply to Thread