+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Getting Garth onto the iPod

Getting Garth onto the iPod

I just bought my first iPod and I've been importing my CD library. Since Garth controls all his stuff and hasn't made it available to iTunes, I'm having to add my own album art files. I checked Amazon and raided quite a few from Garth's website, but I still lack a really good image of The Limited Series (II) to use. Amazon has an image I liked of the box with the discs inside and the booklet displayed, but the image is too small to really use. Garth's site has the front and back of the box as one image, and it's kind of an eyesore.

New York, New York, United States, 108424279189115, New York, New York
    Quote Originally Posted by MuchTooYoung View Post
    I just bought my first iPod and I've been importing my CD library. Since Garth controls all his stuff and hasn't made it available to iTunes, I'm having to add my own album art files. I checked Amazon and raided quite a few from Garth's website, but I still lack a really good image of The Limited Series (II) to use. Amazon has an image I liked of the box with the discs inside and the booklet displayed, but the image is too small to really use. Garth's site has the front and back of the box as one image, and it's kind of an eyesore.
    I didn't know that you could do that!! Is it complicated?
    Love Always,
    Jo@nn
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
    It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Re: Getting Garth onto the iPod

Thanks to those who replied with links. As for GBronx's question about adding your own album art, it's actually not hard at all. You have to have the image you want saved on your computer, to begin. Then, open iTunes and highlight the song(s) to which you wish to apply the album art. Right click and select "Get Info." You'll see a little box that says, "Album Art." Double click that box, which opens a directory on your computer. Browse until you find the file, then select it. iTunes adds the art to the selected songs! Really, if you wanted to, you could replace all the album art with whatever images you felt like. I actually took the time to have each song from "Double Live" come up with a different cover, so all eleven appear throughout my listening. But you're not limited to just album art; you could make the album art a picture of your cat if you were so inclined.

[QUOTE=MuchTooYoung;375529] As for GBronx's question about adding your own album art, it's actually not hard at all. You have to have the image you want saved on your computer, to begin. Then, open iTunes and highlight the song(s) to which you wish to apply the album art. QUOTE]

I figured out how to do this but the "art" was too small for the space. Where did you find the right sizes?
    Your help is appreciated!!!
    Love Always,
    Jo@nn

[QUOTE=GBronx;381084]
    Quote Originally Posted by MuchTooYoung View Post
    As for GBronx's question about adding your own album art, it's actually not hard at all. You have to have the image you want saved on your computer, to begin. Then, open iTunes and highlight the song(s) to which you wish to apply the album art. QUOTE]

I figured out how to do this but the "art" was too small for the space. Where did you find the right sizes?
    Your help is appreciated!!!
    The best art I've found for size are at:

www.amazon.com
    www.walmart.com
    (or by searching google images at)
    http://images.google.com/imghp?tab=wi

If you do a search on google, you'll want to search for images that are at least 240 x 240 or larger. Anything smaller is usually too small to look good on your ipod.

As for loading them into itunes, you actually do not have to save them to your computer before adding them. Instead, just right click on the image and select "copy," then select the songs you want to add the album art to, then right click and select "Get Info," go to the "artwork" tab if your only adding the art to one song, or click on the "artwork" box if you are adding the same album cover to multiple songs, then right click in the blank space and select "paste." The cover art you copied from the google or amazon page should then show up in the box. Don't worry about saving a copy to your computer since itunes will do it for you.

Good luck.

Thanks again for your help. I'll play with it and let ya know how I do!!!
    Love Always,
    Jo@nn

+ Reply to Thread