+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Garth's DVD Limited to one Million???

Garth's DVD Limited to one Million???

I think access hollywood has it wrong.

http://www.accesshollywood.com/news/ah2155.shtml
    Garth Brooks To Release 'Entertainer' Collection
    LOS ANGELES (October 19, 2006) -- Garth Brooks sold over 100 million albums in an amazing decade of work.

And now, he's set to entertain everyone with "The Entertainer," a limited edition five-disc set loaded with over seven hours of never-before-seen footage of concerts and videos.

"The Entertainer" also includes bonus songs, photo galleries and everything else Garth!

There are just 1 million up for sale exclusively at Wal-Mart and Sam's Club stores beginning November 1.

But you can pre-order your copy right now. CLICK HERE to order now.

Huh?!

Why would Garth only release a million copies? I thought he wanted EVERY fan to be able to enjoy his music. If this is true, theres gonna be a lot of angry Garth fans come Nov. 2nd, when all are sold out on nov.1
    "love your enemies, and always forgive..."

www.joshhawklive.com

somewhere between Nashville & Keetonville
    Maybe there will just be a million for sale online? Maybe just for presale purposes? I can't imagine that Wal-Mart would only have a million available nationally.

Sherry

I cannot believe that Garth or WalMart would do that. The last boxed set sold well for them, I doubt they would limit it to just a million.

Quote Originally Posted by madnessmike View Post
    I cannot believe that Garth or WalMart would do that. The last boxed set sold well for them, I doubt they would limit it to just a million.
    I agree, I think access hollywood has it wrong, no other press release fro walmart has said its limited to one million, access hollywood are the only people who are saying this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    I agree, I think access hollywood has it wrong, no other press release fro walmart has said its limited to one million, access hollywood are the only people who are saying this.
    yeah, I REALLY think that if it were limited to one million then it would definitely be in the Walmart press release

plus...this set isn't even called The Limited Series, lol

Wal-Mart do say it is Very Limited

Previously Unavailable Concert Footage and Milestone Performances
    Presented in Limited Edition Collector’s Tin

BENTONVILLE, Ark. – October 6, 2006 – Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. today announced the latest exclusive offering from singer/songwriter Garth Brooks, appropriately titled Garth Brooks: The Entertainer. The five DVD set of previously unavailable concert footage is currently available for pre-order at www.walmart.com and is an exclusive peak inside the Artist of the Decade’s milestone performances and history-making travels around the world. Garth Brooks: The Entertainer can be purchased Nov. 1 at Wal-Mart and SAM’S CLUB locations across the country.

The set contains more than seven hours of entertainment on five DVDs and highlights spectacular performances in the form of 15 music videos, including three never-before-seen videos. Widely-acclaimed concert footage, including previously unavailable appearances, make Garth Brooks: The Entertainer five DVD set a phenomenal value at $19.96.

Presented in a limited edition collector’s tin, fans will enjoy live concert footage, bonus songs, a gallery of over 1,000 photos and more from the stellar career of this history-making entertainer. A genuine American icon, Brooks is the only artist in U.S. history to sell one hundred million albums in one decade. His high energy concerts, riveting videos and obvious love for the fans and the music make Garth Brooks: The Entertainer the perfect gift idea and arrives at all Wal-Mart stores, SAM’S CLUB locations and www.walmart.com/garthbrooks, just in time to make the season bright!

“At Wal-Mart, pleasing the customer is our goal. The Garth Brooks exclusives continue to be a favorite of our customers and this very limited edition will likely fly off the shelves as Garth’s previous releases have in the past,” said David Porter, Wal-Mart vice president and divisional merchandise manager.

Millions of fans are expected to flock to Wal-Mart to purchase his latest compilation of live performances and bonus songs. Brooks has seen seven albums bow at No. 1, more than any other recording act and is the all-time biggest-selling solo artist with 25 number one singles on the country charts. In 2005, Garth Brooks: The Limited Series boxed set passed the one million benchmark for complete boxed sets sold (6 million discs) in its second week at Wal-Mart, making it the top selling music item in company history. Garth Brooks: The Limited Series boxed set was exclusively available at Wal-Mart and SAM’S CLUB locations throughout the U.S. and Canada.

Garth Brooks fans can currently pre-order this valuable collectors item at www.walmart.com/garthbrooks.

I made the 1,000 photo section bold also.

Take care

Quote Originally Posted by UKFriend2U View Post
    Wal-Mart do say it is Very Limited

Previously Unavailable Concert Footage and Milestone Performances
    Presented in Limited Edition Collector’s Tin

BENTONVILLE, Ark. – October 6, 2006 – Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. today announced the latest exclusive offering from singer/songwriter Garth Brooks, appropriately titled Garth Brooks: The Entertainer. The five DVD set of previously unavailable concert footage is currently available for pre-order at www.walmart.com and is an exclusive peak inside the Artist of the Decade’s milestone performances and history-making travels around the world. Garth Brooks: The Entertainer can be purchased Nov. 1 at Wal-Mart and SAM’S CLUB locations across the country.

The set contains more than seven hours of entertainment on five DVDs and highlights spectacular performances in the form of 15 music videos, including three never-before-seen videos. Widely-acclaimed concert footage, including previously unavailable appearances, make Garth Brooks: The Entertainer five DVD set a phenomenal value at $19.96.

Presented in a limited edition collector’s tin, fans will enjoy live concert footage, bonus songs, a gallery of over 1,000 photos and more from the stellar career of this history-making entertainer. A genuine American icon, Brooks is the only artist in U.S. history to sell one hundred million albums in one decade. His high energy concerts, riveting videos and obvious love for the fans and the music make Garth Brooks: The Entertainer the perfect gift idea and arrives at all Wal-Mart stores, SAM’S CLUB locations and www.walmart.com/garthbrooks, just in time to make the season bright!

“At Wal-Mart, pleasing the customer is our goal. The Garth Brooks exclusives continue to be a favorite of our customers and this very limited edition will likely fly off the shelves as Garth’s previous releases have in the past,” said David Porter, Wal-Mart vice president and divisional merchandise manager.

Millions of fans are expected to flock to Wal-Mart to purchase his latest compilation of live performances and bonus songs. Brooks has seen seven albums bow at No. 1, more than any other recording act and is the all-time biggest-selling solo artist with 25 number one singles on the country charts. In 2005, Garth Brooks: The Limited Series boxed set passed the one million benchmark for complete boxed sets sold (6 million discs) in its second week at Wal-Mart, making it the top selling music item in company history. Garth Brooks: The Limited Series boxed set was exclusively available at Wal-Mart and SAM’S CLUB locations throughout the U.S. and Canada.

Garth Brooks fans can currently pre-order this valuable collectors item at www.walmart.com/garthbrooks.

I made the 1,000 photo section bold also.

Take care
    That's what I thought that they were talking about that tin box thing.

now I'm starting to wonder whether or not I should preorder...

Quote Originally Posted by vegitoth View Post
    That's what I thought that they were talking about that tin box thing.
    Yep, Presented in Limited Edition Collector’s Tin

I can't see only 1 million, as one million will be sold online without a problem and a good lot to eb#y people who buy things to profit off real fans.

Take care

I am wondering as well if I should go ahead and pre order. I want to make sure and get one.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    I'm gonna take my chances at the store
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    I'm gonna take my chances at the store
    I think I will too

but if I can't find it at the store, I'm gonna order online...I'm definitely going to make sure I get one, lol

that I agree with! 1 for me to have, 1 for the collection (maybe- it is only $20 essentially)

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

hey Skywise, I bet they just made a mistake.

on what?

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Only 1 million of them will be sold at Wal Mart? That can't be right.

and if it is?

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

then i guess i'll have to pre-order one, But why do that when Wally World is only a 15 minute drive from where I live?

if it is limited to one million then your chances of getting one at the store depend a lot on where you live and how well the last boxed set sold there

I live in Garthville, USA so I'm willing to bet my Walmart will keep this new set pretty well stocked. lol

They did for the last one

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Sevens View Post
    if it is limited to one million then your chances of getting one at the store depend a lot on where you live and how well the last boxed set sold there

I live in Garthville, USA so I'm willing to bet my Walmart will keep this new set pretty well stocked. lol

They did for the last one
    You need to remember they are talking about the Tin Box which contain the boxset, not the boxset itself otherwise like I explained before, 1 million will be sold online without a problem.

Thanks

They won't sell 1 million in pre-orders. Let's be realistic here. 1 million the first week I can see, but not pre-orders alone.

I realize alot of us look at the world through Garth-colored glasses, but lets be reasonable for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by UKFriend2U View Post
    You need to remember they are talking about the Tin Box which contain the boxset, not the boxset itself otherwise like I explained before, 1 million will be sold online without a problem.

Thanks

I don't quite understand what you are saying...There is no box set in the tin box...

1 million won't be sold through pre-orders...Walmart announced last year that the Limited Series sold 200,000 in preorders

Quote Originally Posted by plethora12 View Post
    They won't sell 1 million in pre-orders. Let's be realistic here. 1 million the first week I can see, but not pre-orders alone.

I realize alot of us look at the world through Garth-colored glasses, but lets be reasonable for a change.
    I was gonna say the same thing- I can see possibly.... POSSIBLY 1,000,000 in a week- not on pre-orders... face it gang- Garth has been off the radar of a lot of people for 5+years.. some may see the concert footage as being 10+years old ... (ok, I&B was later- but not by much).. it may not be as hot a seller as some (we) think (would like it) it should (to) be

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

hmm- anyone else notice that a DVD set is being included w/ a Discography, usually for released albums, etc? I find that a bit interesting..

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by plethora12 View Post

Not sure what else to say but, maybe your right or maybe your not.

Yes, you gotta take factors into account, but you also gotta take other-things too like multiple buying (Christmas pressents), people making money through Eb#y ( there's gonna be alot as with the last set)etc etc.

If not the full million then a good portion will be sold via that method. You also need to take into account, since the unclear message of, only 1 million available, how many have already ended up pre-ordering just in case it is true?

I guess time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Sevens View Post
    I don't quite understand what you are saying...There is no box set in the tin box...

1 million won't be sold through pre-orders...Walmart announced last year that the Limited Series sold 200,000 in preorders

Let me explain.

If you look at the layout of the box-set you have the DVD box which houses all the disc's.

Normally that is just sold with a card type cover as with any other DVD box-set. You know the one where the box-set just slides in and out of it.

What I was trying to explain is, that would be housed in the Limited Tin Box.

Again, Time will tell but the only thing which says limited is the Tin Box.

Take care

P.S Garth maybe out of the lime light for a while now, but who wouldn't buy this set as it's like a piece of history for your own-self.

+ Reply to Thread