+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: CMT Lost Sessions Special

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    154

    CMT Lost Sessions Special

    Many of you may remember that in February CMT aired a special on the newly added songs that were on the "Lost Sessions" disc that came out in February. I recorded that special onto DVD and last night when I went back to watch it again my DVD player said "Disc Error" and I cannot get it to play in any DVD player. Just wondering if anyone has a good, high quality copy of it? I will be more than happy to pay for shipping and any trouble it would cost someone to mail it to me. Hope to hear from somebody.

    By the way, I don't post very often, but I am on here almost everyday.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Florida USA
    Posts
    970
    Hi rhd13,

    Do you have broadband (High Speed Internet)? If so I will post the special in thre parts for you to download from yousendit later today.

    Always nice to see new people posting... I hope you stick around and join in the excitement as we wait for the next event from Garth and Walmart.

    Have a great day!
    Ryan

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    154
    That would be great! Thanks!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    154
    My e-mail is rhd13@hotmail.com

    I appreciate it.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Florida USA
    Posts
    970
    No need for your e-mail... I'll post them here. The attachments would be too large for hotmail anyway.

    I'm making a yousendit link for the first part now.

    Ryan

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Florida USA
    Posts
    970

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    154
    Thanks a lot Ryan. It is greatly appreciated.

    God bless, Ryan

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    Many of you may remember that in February CMT aired a special on the newly added songs that were on the "Lost Sessions" disc that came out in February. I recorded that special onto DVD and last night when I went back to watch it again my DVD player said "Disc Error" and I cannot get it to play in any DVD player. Just wondering if anyone has a good, high quality copy of it? I will be more than happy to pay for shipping and any trouble it would cost someone to mail it to me. Hope to hear from somebody.

    By the way, I don't post very often, but I am on here almost everyday.
    HI

    Have you got a DVD-Writer in your PC?

    Also did the disc play before or you never tested it?

    Give me more info as I may be able to sort this for you.

    Thanks

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    154
    It is a VCR/DVD combination. The DVD portion is, of course, a DVD writer as well. I recorded the program on to the DVD from CMT. I never finalized the DVD because I thought I might eventually put something else on it (and you can watch it in that player without finalizing it). Anyways, when I put the DVD in the player to finalize it last night everything was fine. The special was on the DVD and then I went through the process to finalize it. It began finalizing, just like normal, and right at the very end of the process it popped up on the screen and said "Disc Error" - "Playback feature may not be available on this disc" I thought that was crazy because I've done this 100 times before and never had the problem. Any help would be great!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    It is a VCR/DVD combination. The DVD portion is, of course, a DVD writer as well. I recorded the program on to the DVD from CMT. I never finalized the DVD because I thought I might eventually put something else on it (and you can watch it in that player without finalizing it). Anyways, when I put the DVD in the player to finalize it last night everything was fine. The special was on the DVD and then I went through the process to finalize it. It began finalizing, just like normal, and right at the very end of the process it popped up on the screen and said "Disc Error" - "Playback feature may not be available on this disc" I thought that was crazy because I've done this 100 times before and never had the problem. Any help would be great!
    Hi

    You normally have a limit of 10 times before the disc may have a problem.

    That is, you have 10 ( 9 to be safe) chances to finalize the disc and if you have watched that disc or even left that disc in the recorder, then it's maybe why you got the problem.

    Do you have a DVD-Writer in the PC?

    There is away around this if you have.

    Thanks

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    154
    I don't have one in my PC, but I have one I can contact to my PC. Let me know if you think there is a way around it. That would be great!!!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    154
    connect not contact LOL!

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    I don't have one in my PC, but I have one I can contact to my PC. Let me know if you think there is a way around it. That would be great!!!
    Hi

    But it still a DVD writer right?

    Ok if you got Yahoo messenger or MSN Messenger PM me with your details.

    Thanks

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    154
    I do not have it with me. It is my wife's and she has it at her workplace. If you can give me any details on this board or in my e-mail that would be awesome. Until I get my hands on it I'm not sure I know much about the writer that she has.

  15. #15
    Did you get my PM?

    Thanks

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    154
    I appreciate your willingness to help. I actually think I'm just going to wait and catch it on CMT in two weeks. They are scheduled to reair it.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    I appreciate your willingness to help. I actually think I'm just going to wait and catch it on CMT in two weeks. They are scheduled to reair it.
    Great that they will re-air.

    But make sure you finalize it this time or tape on both the DVD and the VHS, so least you have it on VHS tape.

    Take care

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Yorkshire, England, UK
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by G&TTreknTech77 View Post
    Hi hope you dont mind, i just downloaded these files aswell, there brilliant, definately garth at some of his best, so just thought i'd say thanx,for putting them up. i'm new to this site but not a new garth fan :-)
    Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Florida USA
    Posts
    970
    You are quite welcome Lady-troyal,

    I don't mind a bit that you downloaded them. In fact I am glad to have shared the clips with you. Clips posted on PG are for all to enjoy!

    Have a wonderful day!
    Ryan

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Yorkshire, England, UK
    Posts
    13
    Thanx again, enjoyed watching the man himself immensley, so nice to see him looking comfortable in talking about his everyday life,aswell as beaming at the whole new marriage thing,

    Is there any other clips of garth in interviews you know of that can be downloaded? seems we never get anything of him much over here which is a huge disappointment!
    Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by G&TTreknTech77 View Post
    No need for your e-mail... I'll post them here. The attachments would be too large for hotmail anyway.

    I'm making a yousendit link for the first part now.

    Ryan
    Ryan, I just wanted to thank you for posting those for me to download. I downloaded and watched them. However, they did not transfer to DVD very well so I'm going to attempt to record it off of CMT in a couple of weeks. Again, thank you for going to the trouble to post. It is greatly appreciated.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Florida USA
    Posts
    970
    You're both very welcome!

    My pleasure...

    Lady Troyal you are in luck, if you take a look at this thread, many clips have been posted.

    http://www.planetgarth.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=122917

    Most of the links will have expired except the most recent ones. Take a look and if there are any clips you would like to see make a request and myself or someone else should gladly help you out.

    Ryan

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Yorkshire, England, UK
    Posts
    13
    Thankyou ryan thats so kind of you, i will have a look thru them and get back to you on it if thats ok,

    thanx again for all your help, you've been a star :-)
    Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Florida USA
    Posts
    970
    You are quite welcome! That will be fine, just post what you're looking for in the MWL thread. Someone will notice and take care of you faster that way. I'll keep an eye out for you in that thread but sometimes I get sidetracked with college related and can't upload as much as I would like. We have some awesome posters here that are often much faster than I at helping folks out, so I'm sure you'll be taken care of.

    Ryan

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts