+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Upcoming Wal*Mart Projects

Upcoming Wal*Mart Projects

Hey everyone!

Back on March 17th, when Garth had his number one party for his song "Good Ride Cowboy", he said that Wal*Mart was planning on releasing 2 more CD's sometime later this year.

Does anybody know what these 2 CD's will be, and/or what the content will be on them?

I'm hoping that they will be filled with more lost sessions!

Please let me know if you know anything about these.

I believe that secret is as closely guarded as America's nuclear missle launch codes.

--spud--

LOL... indeed the next steps are going to be interesting.

The second boxed set was predictable since he had already started the series. The Lost Sessions out of the box was also predictable since he wouldn't want a new album to disappear with the boxed set.

The next steps from both Garth and Trisha will be quite interesting indeed..

Ryan

In the USA, the best country in the world
    the next 'steps'...

most likely? a duet album w/ trisha

a rehashed album (CG? The Hits: rehashed?) w/ a few new songs on it...

what should happen? more DVD's.. concertts... outtakes, b-sides, alternative takes, etc...
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

DVD's are coming Christmas 2006.

Nobody knows what's on them, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyfan2000
    DVD's are coming Christmas 2006.

Nobody knows what's on them, though.
    Fan- i know that much- i've seen the stuff on walmart, etc.. read the Q&A.. i was referring to what SHOULD come...

frankly, we were jipped w/ the all access DVD- but it leaves more out there to come possibly!!!!

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Hey guys!

I would dare to say those projects would include Garth/Trisha Duet album, DVD versions of his early VHSs, or another Live/or/Xmas/or/Hits compilation album!!! Isn't it also predictable??? ;-)

However, Garth, please surprise us all with some unexpectable brand new stuff!!!

Jack

I want the DVD's most of all!!!!!

I would also like to see re-packages of the hits, both xmas albums, double live, chris gaines, and more sessions from the vaults.

there are between 40-50 sessions in the vaults, right?

Quote Originally Posted by garthymonkey
    Hey guys!

I would dare to say those projects would include Garth/Trisha Duet album, DVD versions of his early VHSs, or another Live/or/Xmas/or/Hits compilation album!!! Isn't it also predictable??? ;-)

However, Garth, please surprise us all with some unexpectable brand new stuff!!!

Jack
    hey there jack- I think that yeah, it's predictable, but it's waht I'm thinking too.. the duet album may be a go in some form (and though I'm not too excited about it, if they do it, for goodness sake, do it with new songs and not taking the ones they alread have done and 'fleshing it out w/ 3-6 more songs...), and I think that DVD's of prior VHS releases is a definite likelihood, esp. the central park show, and , well, the other shows that GArth's put out footage of DVD wise.. you'd see Ireland and back, TIGB, the Central park show... less work to digitally remaster etc, the stuff for DVD if it's been done already.. as for a live compilation album- that would truly fit I think what DL was.. a compilation album (as it certainly wasn't a great 'LIVE' album).. m aybe a truly live album would come out? maybe there are other songs Garth's done live that he can release? another Christmas compilation- I'd take that, as long as it's not the big band type of stuff he did before- not that the big band stuff was BAD, but Garth's not a big band singer...

I agree though.... unexpected brand new stuff would be the best of all!

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I want the DVD's most of all!!!!!

I would also like to see re-packages of the hits, both xmas albums, double live, chris gaines, and more sessions from the vaults.

there are between 40-50 sessions in the vaults, right?
    according to what Garth's said ,htere are some 40-50 songs 'ready to go' in the vault that didn't make it for whatever reason- what about alternate takes/b sides/outtakes/demos/etc? that'd be interesting...

re-packages of hte hits.... if he does that, it shows he didn't truly destroy the masters, eh? thoguh they could generate new ones somehow from a copy of it (I'm not a recording expert actually)...

repackaged christmas albums- could be a great thing- w/ the right song additions..

repackaged double live- only if it's truly made more like a live ablbum.....

repackaged CG- could be good... or 'releases' of CG's earlier albums....

or news on 'the lamb' if it's not deasd in the water...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

will we get all of the 40-50 songs?!

Maybe we will and maybe we won't only Garth knows for sure and he ain't tellin. LOL

Pammy
    Pammy

Watch a flock of birds against the morning sun
    Close your eyes and listen to the river run
    Catch a firefly in your hand or a raindrop on your tongue. That's right ....

There is a God There is a God There is a God
    How much proof do you need?

There Is A God- Trent Willmon

why won't he tell us?

My memory might be failing me with this...When DL was still in the concept phase, wasn't it supposed to be a DVD & CD, but was shelved due to the fact they could not produce the discs fast enough?? Will we get to see this project finally come to life?

why won't he tell us?
    Maybe he hasn't quite figured out *exactly* whats going to be on it.

--spud--

nothing has ever really been a "surprise" from the guy... I mean the closest thing to it was the Double LIve stuff and that was as studio recorded as the KISS live album was in the late 70's.....so don't get the hopes up too much...I have a nasty suspicion that everything we see for the next few years is gonna be re-packaged, re-hashed stuff with maybe an additional song or 2 on them.....I hope I'm wrong but....

Quote Originally Posted by onair
    My memory might be failing me with this...When DL was still in the concept phase, wasn't it supposed to be a DVD & CD, but was shelved due to the fact they could not produce the discs fast enough?? Will we get to see this project finally come to life?
    something of the like- if not DL, then when they were going to release the original 6 again (for the 10 year anniversaries) I believe there was DVD/CD type talk then at least...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Garthmedic
    Maybe he hasn't quite figured out *exactly* whats going to be on it.

--spud--
    or maybe he should listen to us more then! (grin) we'd tell him!

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by AronP24
    nothing has ever really been a "surprise" from the guy... I mean the closest thing to it was the Double LIve stuff and that was as studio recorded as the KISS live album was in the late 70's....
    ????

Kiss' album, while not perfect, was MUCH more representative of a live album- both of them from the 70's were!

.so don't get the hopes up too much...I have a nasty suspicion that everything we see for the next few years is gonna be re-packaged, re-hashed stuff with maybe an additional song or 2 on them.....I hope I'm wrong but....
    I am afraid you'll probably be right Aron...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

It should be interesting to see what "new" music Garth puts out in the future..I must admit..I never ever did like the way he had the same songs repeated on a lot of his CD's like AGD, WSBF, FILP, etc.. it got annoying after a while to buy his CD's and see the same songs over and over again..

stepping off my soap box...

God and peace
    Vanessa

Vanessa?

Those songs was only on 2 records... the original record and Double Live... (and The Hits which really don't count)
    (Studio... live version... and that's it)... very bad examples.

** I say the Hits don't count cause every artist does a Hits package sometime in their career.

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy78
    Vanessa?

Those songs was only on 2 records... the original record and Double Live... (and The Hits which really don't count)
    (Studio... live version... and that's it)... very bad examples.

** I say the Hits don't count cause every artist does a Hits package sometime in their career.

well, forgiving 'the hits' (which does count, actually, so let's keep it in)

take AGD for example..

In Pieces
    The hits
    Double Live
    The limited Series
    Diamond Series re-release
    The Limited Series 2nd one (as part of Double live)

that's 6 times the same song's been released to the music buying public, not 2. forgive and take away the hits.. its' still 5, not 2

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Vanessa
    It should be interesting to see what "new" music Garth puts out in the future..I must admit..I never ever did like the way he had the same songs repeated on a lot of his CD's like AGD, WSBF, FILP, etc.. it got annoying after a while to buy his CD's and see the same songs over and over again..

stepping off my soap box...

God and peace
    Vanessa
    unfortuantely, Vanessa, it's been the 'tale ot hte tape' and the 'M.O.' of Garth lately- re-releases and rehashes..

I agree- itll be interesting to see and/or hear the new music that he puts out... very much so. I got to a point even as a Garth nutt and a severe collector, that I wouldn't support it anymore- and wouldn't buy the re-re hashes of songs I've had before.. I dont' need new packaging and booklets, or 7 collectible booklets (now 10), or a 'diamond series' sticker/etching/logo just to say hey I have a 'new' garth album when it's essentially the same album i've bought before... I hve the 'new songs' on the limited series.... (the first one)

others feel diff. but I know hat you're saying Vanessa

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise
    well, forgiving 'the hits' (which does count, actually, so let's keep it in)

take AGD for example..

In Pieces
    The hits
    Double Live
    The limited Series
    Diamond Series re-release
    The Limited Series 2nd one (as part of Double live)

that's 6 times the same song's been released to the music buying public, not 2. forgive and take away the hits.. its' still 5, not 2
    You can't include a re-release, it was off the shelf... they put it back on the shelf.. it's the exact same album, no extra songs.. YOU didn't have to buy it, but YOU did anyways because your a collector of CDs.

Just my opinion

You can't include a re-release, it was off the shelf... they put it back on the shelf.. it's the exact same album, no extra songs.. YOU didn't have to buy it, but YOU did anyways because your a collector of CDs.

Just my opinion
    I respect that it's just your opinion- I need to say that at the start-

but you're wrong there my friend- on two diff. levels..

#1- you CAN include a re-release, even though it is 'off the shelf'.. in Garth's case there WAS new material on the album- one new song to be exact, per each of the original 6 albums.. (UDGOD, TAT, ANON,SWARTI,WOOT, and TMYFML are the songs) so, it is NOT the exact same album

#2- I didn't have to buy it- you're right- and I didn't- I already had the same songs on The Hits... on Double live (albeit they were 'studioized live' versions), on the limited series (first release) and the original albums themselves.. I didn't buy the diamond releases... if you did, that's great ...

and actually, if I had bought it, it'd have been cause I'mm a collector of Garth stuff, not CD's in general... but thanks for the compliment in a way actually!

as you said, it's just my opinion- it's all we have in the matter actually, our opinions...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

ummm .. those songs were in the box set, skywise, they was not new to the album. as I said you bought them for shear collectabilty, nothing more. you didn't have to buy them. but you did.

ummm .. those songs were in the box set, skywise, they was not new to the album. as I said you bought them for shear collectabilty, nothing more. you didn't have to buy them. but you did.
    bud, you can try and warp what you are sying to anytign you wish- that's your perrogative..

fact remains...

the albums were re-released..... and you can 'count them'...

me? lol- I bought the albums again as part of the box set (something different than what you were talking about earlier I believe) because I did not have the box set.. that, and it gave me a backup of the original albums so I didn't have to use them anymore (which I've not done in a while, as I have burnt backup copies of all of them to use if i use a CD and not an mp3 of the song, but I digress). At the time, they were not 'the same' wholly, as they had an additional song (the aforementioned ones).. They became rehash releases w/ the re-release for the diamond series.... (the new 'songs' as it were).. the albums themselves (GB,NF,RTW,IP,FH,7's,SC) have now been released in 'box set tracklisting' form twice after the original (walmart releases and diamond releases...) you're wrong... plain and simple..

but in the end, why the hell are we even engaging in such a juvenile argument? Garth's lately been doing nothing but rehash releases minus the lost sessions... the focus should be on what could be upcoming.... which is material that I hope bucks the 'rehash' trend.....

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

How's about a new Christmas album with Trisha this year? He's got a large home with recording facilities, so he can do it without breaking his pledges easily! I guess, it'll gonna be some brand new stuff - a real surprise for all of us, just like his nature is all about!

true, man, but w/ those recording facilities, he would be also able ot record new music and still not break his 'pledges' either- I'm afraid Garth'd be even more of a hypocrite than he seems to some if he were to do that... thouhg I'd love to see it happen!

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Let's wait 'n' see!

+ Reply to Thread