+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 48Hours Mystery - Investigates Songwriter's Death 5/13/2006

48Hours Mystery - Investigates Songwriter's Death 5/13/2006

''48 Hours Mystery'' Investigates Songwriter's Death This Saturday Night

They say that it has all the elements of a hit Country song, as "48 Hours Mystery" investigates the death of Nashville songwriter, and session drummer, Randy Hardison on this Saturday night's (May 13th) episode on CBS-TV.

Here is the CBS Network's description of the upcoming show:

Cheatin' Heart

Randy Hardison was on the verge of stardom, writing hits for Garth Brooks, Darryl Worley, and Lee Ann Womack. Then he started making some beautiful music with a newcomer to the Nashville scene. Six months later, he was dead.

Was Randy Hardison murdered? Correspondent Peter Van Sant reports.

Many prominent players on the Nashville music scene are interviewed on camera, including Womack, Brooks, Worley, and Hardison's business partner at the time, Tom Schuyler...the famed songwriter, and former General Manager of RCA/Nashville.

As you may recall, Hardison died a few days after he was assaulted on June 1, 2002 outside of his apartment in Madison, Tennessee. Eight months later, two men from Orlando were arrested, and charged with second-degree murder. In August, 2004, Ronnie Skipper and Orlando Smith were found guilty of criminally negligent homicide and aggravated assault in the death of Hardison, but only sentenced to one year in prison, followed by five years of probation.

In court, it was found that Hardison was having an affair with Skipper's wife, Catina. So, Ronnie Skipper came to Nashville with an employee in his construction company to hurt Hardison.

Two twists that surely appealed to the "48 Hour Mystery" producers:

- Catina Skipper "confessed" to accidentally killing Hardison, after she hit him with her purse, that had a coffee mug inside it (that said, "Randy & Catina," that they hade made together), after he broke up with her on that night.

- Orlando Smith STILL says he is innocent, and wasn't even in Tennessee on that night.

"48 Hours Mystery: 'Cheatin' Heart'" is on CBS-TV, this Saturday, May 13th at 10PM et/pt.

AWESOME!!!!!

SO good to hear that Garth is coming back to TV!

48 Hrs. Mystery - Garth mention

I've seen promotions for this all week on t.v., and there was a mention on Countrynation.com

Must-See TV
    -- If you like mysteries and country music, this show should be right down your alley. Lee Ann Womack and Darryl Worley, show up in Saturday night's episode of the CBS series "48 Hours Mystery," airing at 10pm Eastern.

The episode, "Cheatin' Heart," deals with the death of Nashville singer-songwriter Randy Hardison, who was writing hits for artists such as Womack, Worley, and Garth Brooks, when he met up with a newcomer to the Music City scene.

Six months later, Hardison was dead.
    He co-wrote "Big Money" off Scarecrow.
    Last edited by beckysue59; 05-12-2006 at 11:08 PM. Reason: To add information

I saw Garth in the commercial for this show--it looks like he's crying in his interview, but it's just a quick flash so I'm not certain.

Quote Originally Posted by MDerin
    I saw Garth in the commercial for this show--it looks like he's crying in his interview, but it's just a quick flash so I'm not certain.
    They just used a clip of Garth in the promotions as a teaser. He wasn't interviewed for the show. In fact, he was barely mentioned.

It was an interesting show, though sad. What a travesty. The guys who were convicted of killing Randy ended up only serving 7 months in jail.

Quote Originally Posted by beckysue59
    I've seen promotions for this all week on t.v., and there was a mention on Countrynation.com

He co-wrote "Big Money" off Scarecrow.
    And he also was a musician in the song Fit For A King.

+ Reply to Thread